Paris attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why haven't the Liberals come up with a Twitter #hashtag for this event yet?
I need to be told what to think, but in a pithy ironic kind of way.

I used to think like you, but ISIS don't agree with you. Their aim is to destroy western style society and impose Islamic law. The 7/7 bombers were motivated by the Wests intervention but ISIS want to destroy modern secular society.

99% of their forces are disenfranchised people who have seen the west kill family members, brothers, sisters, girlfriends, wives, children. Most of them want revenge, others want power and a religion and a charismatic or feared leader gives people a cause to rally behind.

Actually a lot of the forces are their because they had few other choices. 95% of their forces would stop fighting immediately if the leadership was taken out and they stopped having to live as they have for decades, in fear of being blown up by a drone any day or being invaded for profit.

America is the figure head for who makes their lives awful and using them as a target isn't surprising. That doesn't mean most of them want to kill Americans because they are 'free' or aren't Muslims.

If America stopped being the cause of so many deaths in the middle east 99% of the people involved wouldn't have any problem with America.

There are like, 3 terrorists who are attacking the west because of their lifestyle back at home, the rest of the thousands are doing it because we won't stop killing muslims or being the cause of killing muslims in middle east, ie, causing governments to tumble.

I have no sympathy for their methods at all, but most of these terrorists are growing up in countries where America and other UN or whatever forces are occupying and killing muslims on a day to day basis for 50 years. Either a few here and there, or thousands at a time during basically illegal wars.

hmm

9/11 hijackers - an Egyptian... a bunch of Saudis... Is the US occupying and killing people in Saudi Arabia or Egypt? Nope...

The 7/7 bombers - three British Muslims and a Jamaican convert to Islam

The Shoe bomber - a British guy who converted to Islam

Lee Rigby killing - two Nigerian immigrants who converted to Islam

Charlie Hebdo shooting - two French citizens born to Algerian immigrants

Last edited:
Why do you think that means these people will carry out or support acts of terrorism like today?

Your Telegraph link clearly says 99% (would be nice to get a more detailed number) do not agree with acts of terrorism in the ICM poll.

91% of Muslims are loyal to Britain. I bet that percentage is similar to the Non-Muslim population.

25% of British Muslims 'have some sympathy for motives behind Charlie Hebdo attacks'. 32% were "not surprised" by the Hebdo attacks. 25% is far, far, too high even though it is technically a minority.

Ah, I wondered when someone like you would turn up.

Sympathies with jihadis, no I put a reason behind it, that isn't sympathy and accusing me of sympathising with them is both ridiculous and insulting.

If the situations were reversed, the middle east had all the military power and the UK had been under occupation on and off for 50 years with random civilians being killed constantly, exactly what would you do? Be happy about it or think about fighting back and harbour a hatred for them for killing people you know throughout your life and bombing where you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom