Paris attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to jinx it, but how come we haven't had something like this yet? Are our security and intelligence forces too good?

There is the obvious fact that being an island, it works in our favour to make smuggling weapons into the country difficult. But ultimately, the 7/7 attacks showed us that people intent to kill don't need guns.

If this is ISIS related, one of the key things that can be said is that Britain aren't currently involved in air strikes against them. That's not to say that we aren't already a target, regardless.

Pretty obvious they were going in with the request for the gag on social media reporting of police movements. Good luck to them and I hope they prevent as much as they can.

Need to have a good hard look at ourselves and start to try and understand why some British/French Mulims are making trips to support ISIS in Syria.

We have well educated British Muslim teenagers being radicalised and we really need to understand why.

I didn't agree with the Iraq war and every move after (Afghanistan, Libya, Syria) have been terrible choices. There are now thousands of people from Afghanistan making the trip to Europe to escape their country. What have we actually achieved? We have not made their lifes any better :|

Good luck to the French SF,i hope for an outcome with minimal soldier and civilian causality's.But it appears to be a no win situation :(

[TW]Sponge;28814094 said:
This is an unwinnable war. Absolutely nothing we can do about it.

All of our technology and weaponry mean absolutely nothing in this war.

You might be right, but I would rather take my chance and fight it than give in to oppressive neanderthals.

[TW]Sponge;28814094 said:
This is an unwinnable war. Absolutely nothing we can do about it.

All of our technology and weaponry mean absolutely nothing in this war.

It's not really - we got rid of the nazis, it's just a question of scale.

I hate to jinx it, but how come we haven't had something like this yet? Are our security and intelligence forces too good?

Yep, they have foiled lots of Islamic plots, many of which we won't hear about for a few years.

That doesn't stop some muslim apologists repeatedly trying to mislead everyone by selective quoting of statistics...
Non-Muslims Carried Out More than 90% of All Terrorist Attacks in America

:rolleyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...ritain#Prevented.2C_failed_or_aborted_attacks

Are you serious? Islam invaded Europe through Spain and the Balkans, ruling over the likes of Greece and Spain for centuries. Islam has been our enemy every since it emerged out of the Arabic peninsula. It is by far the most violent religion: it's prophet was a warlord who beheaded war captives for pete's sake. Jesus meanwhile died on a cross preaching 'turn the other cheek'.

The only reason Islam was so quiet in the 19th and 20th century is because we were so dominant.

Well said...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom