Paris attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a mess, it really is a mess and there is no answer to the issues.

Maybe putting Blair and Bush on war-crimes trials is a start.

Well except one of the bombs was in the stadium by all accounts, at 20 minutes into the match. I was more confused though that they carried on and finished the game!

Basic counter terrorism. If they'd evacuated the stadium you're effectively funnelling the spectators in to a hot zone. Another example would be staying inside a school if you suspect it is under attack.. You run outside to the meeting point and there could be an attacker or a secondary explosive set to hit. Always best to stay put until absolutely necessary.

Stadium grounds maybe. You really think people will sit there and watch football if they saw that?

If something went off inside an entrance then 99.9999% of the people inside wouldn't see it. It's not like you step directly into the pitch/stands area. THere is a suggestion one of the bombs went off in/near the gate and maybe killed a couple of people, maybe security or gate people because some people turn up late.

It was the right choice to continue playing, once you have the stadium locked and armed police surrounding it which wouldn't have taken long with their leader in there, it's much safer to keep 70k people calm and safe in a much more defensible situation inside a stadium than have them rush into the streets where for all they knew there were bombs stashed or people in windows overlooking waiting for a crowd to come out.

Agence France-Presse ‏@AFP
#BREAKING Around 100 dead in attack on Paris concert venue: police

Jesus. :|

RIP :( hearing this now,

Sounds like total and utter carnage... god knows what will come out in the aftermath, or how it will change things in the long run - could well be a game changer,

I'm sick to death of people blaming the west for these atrocities!

The usual ******** being wheeled out every time " we have to look at what we're doing wrong" ohh **** ***! Muslims have been slaughtering each other long before the recent Wars in Iraq or Afghanistan!

No excuse whatsoever for murdering innocent civilians! i'm bloody fuming tonight over this!

Rip to the poor souls who lost their lives tonight. We really live in a twisted evil world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom