Paris attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this might be a game changer in Europe. Being nice isn't working.

We have never been nice, the amount of civilian casualties we have been complicit in in our occupations of foreign wars is in the hundreds of thousands, and let us not forget, we are at war, they hit us like we hit them, its just very rare they manage to do it on our side of the fence.

I'd rather put him in solitary, in a small empty cell with no windows, for the rest of his natural life.

A cell which always has a couple mm of water on the floor, and isn't quite large enough to lie down in comfortably. And the lights are flickering all the time.

A army can kill a idea. The Russians and Chinese have done it twice. Just the west doesn't have the stomach for it.

Yeah I'm sure they do all their planning on Facebook. And Bin Laden used to run a very active Twitter profile.

Still doesn't mean everyone should be spied on, we can obviously focus on a select group of people using leads online to further investigate ISIS locations and the data of all their followers.

It goes from bad to worse :( r.i.p to those caught up in this.

Imagine the people having the job of cleaning up the concert hall :( It would be a sight to mentally ruin a lot of people.

What an awful night.

I'll admit times like this part of me wants to go "**** it just get rid of all the muslims" then I remember that 2 of my best friends are muslims and both of them would be just as in the firing line as you or I from these people.

So yeah as much as the basal part of me wants to just take vengeance it's important to remember that as much as they want us to see them one group they really aren't.

Rip to every innocent who died today

My god, this is hellish. This is a massacre. Where the hell do we go from here?

Where you go from here is extremely unpleasant. Way too unpleasant for Western tastes.

I don't know but I imagine red telephones and big red buttons and a million boots on the ground mercilessly obliterating entire countries beyond imagination.

I suppose you can try and understand the monster but maybe the time has come to be a more vicious monster.

How do you steam-roll what is at least partly an extremely mobile, guerilla organisation though? Once you've ploughed through the towns they've captured (which hasn't exactly gone well for the militaries that have tried so far), there is plenty left to begin reprisal attacks.

It can be done, if there's an appetite for it - a full scale military deployment could achieve such an objective, it would be tough - but it's doable, (according to analysis) the problem is the appetite to do it just hasn't been there, but maybe it will be now?

If there were 1500 inside, the operation they carried out is actually quite a success considering they had explosives inside, could have been much, much worse. 1500 would be a 9/11 scale attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom