Paris attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Since when did I mention a uniform? You're clearly generalising, and to hint at that is pretty poor in my opinion.

To hint at what? I'm telling you that it's very difficult to tell who is a terrorist and who is a civilian. You appear to be saying it is easy.

Is that what you are saying?

Caporegime
This is bad bad business, and what'll be worse is the backlash, all the hate and fighting and it wont end until one of us has the brains (or balls) to stop hitting the other or until we abandon our civilised ways and revert to genocide.

RIP to those that have died needlessly unknowing soldiers in the war no-one can win.
This is what i fear. The backlash after such an attack. The possible rise of nationalist partys in europe, and perhaps the violence against the islamic population in europe. All because a few simple minded idiots wish to push their agenda using violence. As someone who grew up during the worst years of the troubles in northern ireland. Violence achieved nothing but dead people on each side. Rip to those who died tonight.

Associate
To hint at what? I'm telling you that it's very difficult to tell who is a terrorist and who is a civilian. You appear to be saying it is easy.

Is that what you are saying?

When did I ever say it was easy? You were the one who hinted at ISIS wearing uniforms.

Man of Honour
When did I ever say it was easy? You were the one who hinted at ISIS wearing uniforms.

You told me that the only requirement for telling the difference between someone in ISIS and a normal civilian was intelligence. I told you that they do not wear uniforms.

How do you tell the difference? I am keen to know.

Associate
Good mate of mine was with me this afternoon in Maidenhead, on his way back home in paris; left, too the eurostar, and couldnt get back into paris -- he had to go to his brother outside paris as his home is 50m from Bataclan. Close shave.

Mobster
Soldato
This is an incredibly upsetting and unsettling situation.

I believe there is a solution to this problem but it will take a lot of planning and cooperation between many governments and people. A knee-jerk reaction like happened in Iraq in 2003 is not what is needed here.

For now my thoughts are with those in Paris.

Associate

There was already broad cross-party support, of course on the basis Snowden's leaks prevented intelligence gathering then May's proposals will also be avoided by terrorists - leaving just the general public and low level criminal idiots to be surveilled.

As for mass surveillance, it doesn't work, the NSA can explain better than me -

A new analysis of terrorism charges in the US found that the NSA's dragnet domestic surveillance "had no discernible impact" on preventing terrorist acts. Instead, the majority of threats over the last decade were detected by regular old intelligence and law enforcement methods—tips, informants, CIA and FBI ops, routine law enforcement.

The nonprofit think tank New America Foundation published a report today after investigating the 227 Al Qaeda-affiliated people or groups that have been charged for committing an act of terrorism in the US since 9/11. It found just 17 of the cases were credited to NSA surveillance, and just one conviction came out of the government's extra-controversial practice of spying on its own citizens. And that charge, against San Diego cab driver Basaaly *Moalin, was for sending money to a terrorist group in Somalia. There was no threat of an actual attack.

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/yo...lots-the-nsas-domestic-spy-program-has-foiled

Permabanned
I bet half of the attackers will have walked there, unchecked thanks to merkel.

I also bet if the UK was attached to mainland europe, these attacks would have been in London, not Paris.

Just hope that platypus guy is not head of anything nevermind homeland security because he can't see how vetting immigrants is important in this day and age.

Associate
Samuel Huntington had this to say a while back..

“Islam's borders are bloody and so are its innards. The fundamental problem for the West is not Islamic fundamentalism. It is Islam, a different civilisation whose people are convinced of the superiority of their culture and are obsessed with the inferiority of their power."

I am starting to see his point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom