Paris attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
You probably would still have it, but the basis of pretty much every atrocity in modern times has a basis in religion, removing it is a start.

This is a bit of a myth I'm afraid, I could point to atrocities in the Soviet Union or SE Asia by regimes that effectively banned religion. Even this year there was a school shooting by a militant atheist who targeted Christian pupils.

Serious problems only exist with one major religion, however we've been so brainwashed by cultural marxists and SJWs that we're uncomfortable singling out that one religion, hence the desire to blame all religion. By doing so you're actually playing to the jihadi's fiddle, because you're letting them off the hook by assigning blame where it is undeserved.

Bar

Bar

Soldato
They were wars, even then what was one of the main drivers behind ww2?

Power.

The Jews became a rallying call for Hitler, but fundamentally the allies punished Germany for too long after ww1 and this resulted in Hitler rising to power on a front of nationalism as opposed to religion.

Soldato
8 muslims killing 150+ people and injuring many more. What happens when they form a group of 20, 50, 100? How long until they capture a small town and march civilians to their deaths like in Syria and Iraq?

You're generalising all muslims there. Remember these are extremists and are and should be no way linked to the peace living muslims all over the world.

Bar

Bar

Soldato
This is a bit of a myth I'm afraid, I could point to atrocities in the Soviet Union or SE Asia by regimes that effectively banned religion. Even this year there was a school shooting by a militant atheist who targeted Christian pupils.

Serious problems only exist with one major religion, however we've been so brainwashed by cultural marxists and SJWs that we're uncomfortable singling out that one religion, hence the desire to blame all religion. By doing so you're actually playing to the jihadi's fiddle, because you're letting them off the hook by assigning blame where it is undeserved.

Look at all the trouble in the 70s 80s and 90s caused by the Christian religions. They were resolved without the need for eliminating Christianity. The reason being that religion wasn't the cause (it was simply the excuse) it was about power.

Caporegime
You're generalising all muslims there. Remember these are extremists and are and should be no way linked to the peace living muslims all over the world.
Careful, you'll be outed as a muslim apologist if you carry on with rational thinking like that.

Finally got texts from family and friends. Everyone is safe. I'm utterly devastated from what has happened. :(

2 attacks this year. I'm numb and shocked at this. I'm not quite feeling myself. :(

Glad that they are safe FF.

Permabanned
I think this attack should trigger NATO article 5, time for an ISIS cleansing

How do you find them?

They don't wear uniform, that don't have bases, they don't sit around in barracks.

Some of them, like me and you will now be sat at home with their families, even their families may not know they are ISIS members.

What do you propose NATO do?

Associate
Terrible thing to have happen. This is exactly why people are generally worried with the whole war refugee tide being welcomed too easily into Europe. When people as sick as those who took part in the attack hide in plain sight.

Soldato

This is what I used to say but since Charlie Hebdo I have started to question more closely the teachings of Islam. That attack was not for Iraq or Afghanistan it was for the depiction of person in a magazine. There were many Muslims who were against the killing but sympathised. That sympathy needs to be looked at closely because in a modern secular society it is utterly insane and incompatible with modern life.

Our wars in the middle east were wrong and did damage, but it's not the whole story and you are kidding yourself if you think that is all this is about. There is a clash of cultures which needs to be openly explored in the media without fear of offending. We should not have to tiptoe around religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom