Paris attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

Raz

Soldato

Although I understand the sentiment and agree with it, it's things like this that alienate other groups. Thousands of Muslims die through terrorist attacks and the world does not remember them. Crucially, there's no support for the families, and no way for the children who see these attacks to deal with them psychologically.

Soldato
An odd thing I noticed on all news channels reporting of these tragic events. They are telling us that the some counties including Canada and NY in the USA are lighting buildings with the colours of the French flag, red,white and blue except the French flag is or course blue white and red.
A minor detail perhaps but one that struck me a less than courteous to the French people.

Permabanned
Sorry but no. It is related to extremists who may call themselves Muslims. But it's nothing more than radicalised version. It is not Islam.

IS are terrorists who are calling themselves "pure" Muslims who are setting up a caliphate and want to set up a new Muslim state.

They are atypical to the rest of the Muslims in the world. They are a minority.

What I fear more than most is the potential increase in hate crime. Also the living hell that the rest of the Muslims are likely to have to go through.

Don't mistake this for me being soft towards the criminals I'm disgusted and shocked and saddened by it and hope that justice is served. But not at the detriment of a group of people who have nothing to do with this just because they share a religion in name only.

They are Muslims, we know all know you are very uncomfortable with this but the sooner people stop making excuses for these people who carry out the attacks the better.

Soldato
I hate to jinx it, but how come we haven't had something like this yet? Are our security and intelligence forces too good?

We are perfectly safe in this country - we have mobile armed and highly trained Police to deal with these situations before they happen - It can never happen here.

Now if you believe that your head is buried so far in sand along with other posters on here and we can't even see your ring pieces.

I have been saying for 2 years now that this will happen here - it's only when and where.

Imagine 10 gunmen split into 5 two man teams walking into 5 shopping centers - I and my wife haven't been to a shopping center for years -

If anyone hasn't seen it coming you must be reading wrong hymn book.

Finally R.I.P to all those killed but I can't see why they would be at piece for the way they were killed.

It's about time people woke up and realised what is going on in the world

One stupid poster even blamed it on American gun culture saying they kill more people - may be but not like this. wake up people our day is coming

Soldato
What we need is a show of faith.

We need to see British, French, German Muslims lining the streets to protest and show solidarity not to their Islamic brothers but against them and their 'non islamic' messages.

We know they have the capacity to do so. But will they?

Unless this occurs and they really fight against this terrify threat from the front line and show their host nations that they are here for mutual benefit and are aghast at these attacks then we can never truly believe that they do not support the attacks and the attacks will not cease.

Without trying to derail the thread, your point is noted. I would be very surprised if anything like this happened. I think this just continues to show that Islamic ideologists are incompatible with Western values. Unfortunately you cannot argue with an ideology.

Just read about the hostage attempt. This reminds me that if a terror attack were to happen here it would be even more carnage. Up by Crewe for instance I was told by someone that armed response can take up to an hour because of cuts. How true it is, is anyone's guess but I do know the guy is friends with several people who are armed response.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Just finnished reading a bit more.

Eight attackers said AFB, A witness said they were dressed in black and fire in three-four round bursts like professionals. The four at the concert died 3 by suicide vest one by gunshot? The person who killed at the bar who was in black and firing in three round bursts was picked up by a getaway car... And another person was killed alone in a side street.

So eight of them, All organized they know how to shoot and how to use explosives. How the hell did these people learn all of this in France? Impossible yet how did all 8 people get to Syria and back? Or did they go to Turkey? Egypt? The French are going to be really put under the cosh for letting all of the above happen. :(

Caporegime
RIP to all the innocent victims. Awful world we live in

Agreed RIP :(

However, to say Awful world I Disagree. You'll always have the good, and you'll always have the bad. Even in the Animal kingdom, you get good animals and more aggressive ones especially depending on their mental state. This does suck though :(

Caporegime
man, was I in shock when I saw the new this morning. Awful, just awful.

The problem is that we have already let it go too far, we have pandered to the supposed minorities for so long that we have allowed Islam to be firmly established in every major Western population centre, and in many cities there has been little to no integration and instead many areas (Bradford being a prime example) now resemble their host countries and cultures. Now it's so firmly established,

True mate, you only have to look at the complete fear and pandering on this forum. Every time Islam has a fasting (Ramadan) you get the mods rushing in to make sure that nobody disagree's with it, nobody says anything negative incase one of them get upset. I don't agree on people being insulting and nasty, but people should be allowed to disagree with something without having their mouths covered up.

However this disgusting act which has happened in Paris will only fuel more hatred, I really feel for those that suffered :( :( :(

Associate
There is a massive difference to us compared to what they do , We bomb training camps to try stop terrorist acts like what has just happened in France and sadly civilians will get killed , that does not give these Terrorist the right to come too our country and mass murder innocent people in the streets , The US / France / Britain Germany ect don't drop bombs to murder innocent people, we do it simply to stop terrorist from planning future attacks.
The sad thing with all this is the more terrorist acts we see like this happening the more the peaceful nations will unite together to wipe this evil from the planet, This morning I woke up feeling like this and I'm pretty sure most of the world did too , Sad , heartbroken , angry , revenge , why ? - its a massive cycle and seeing what has happened is only going to fuel more bombing campaigns.

Permabanned
True mate, you only have to look at the complete fear and pandering on this forum. Every time Islam has a fasting (Ramadan) you get the mods rushing in to make sure that nobody disagree's with it, nobody says anything negative incase one of them get upset. I don't agree on people being insulting and nasty, but people should be allowed to disagree with something without having their mouths covered up.

However this disgusting act which has happened in Paris will only fuel more hatred, I really feel for those that suffered :( :( :(

Ramadan historically was when Muslims fought, not the way it is now.

Soldato
Imagine 10 gunmen split into 5 two man teams walking into 5 shopping centers - I and my wife haven't been to a shopping center for years -

That's not sensible precaution based on perceived risk, that's just flat out bizarre paranoia.

This attack was on restaurants, concert hall, football stadium etc.

Will you be avoiding all of those too from now on?

Permabanned
There was a Mumbai style attack foiled on the UK.

An active shooter scenario is what our security forces are currently focussing/training/preparing for.

Soldato
8 muslims killing 150+ people and injuring many more. What happens when they form a group of 20, 50, 100? How long until they capture a small town and march civilians to their deaths like in Syria and Iraq?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom