Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
steam player counts are showing around 50% player drop already so you can't really say the majority find it good. Currently it's the worst performing league to date numbers wise but the weekend will be the big tell

Yep, huge-dropoff. It's not just numbers, the huge majority of the community is not happy, this has been building for some time. GGG and in particular CW are tone-deaf - of course there's always teh die-hard copers who try and deflect any critiscism as all coming from Reddit crazies, but that is simply not the case.

Soldato
I just think the over reaction from the reddit brigade wasn't justified, we will see what they have to say about this launch some time today when they release a statement.

yeah probably, it just seems like the only way now to get GGG to make any changes though. This has been brewing for a while with dodgy patch notes, missing information, stale meta, reduced player power, increased enemy craziness and so on

we've seen streamers which probably have the most influence with GGG say most of their feedback is ignored now. They barely look at reddit, only really when it kicks off like just now, they ignore their own forums

Soldato
What you mean is "I don't have any counter-arguments so better try and make out the other guy is mad".

Yawn.

Not at all, I just don't see what the issue is, I'm 90+ on my characters (I have 1 in reds, 2 in yellows) and having a whale of a time, but then I like playing slow paced builds that often use multiple skills. Hell my league starter was a berserker using slams and warcries. My current build that I am leveling is an old school Ethereal Knives using the trickster ascendancy.

Soldato
Not at all, I just don't see what the issue is, I'm 90+ on my characters (I have 1 in reds, 2 in yellows) and having a whale of a time, but then I like playing slow paced builds that often use multiple skills. Hell my league starter was a berserker using slams and warcries. My current build that I am leveling is an old school Ethereal Knives using the trickster ascendancy.

So because you don't see what the issue is, that invalidates what 90% of the community thinks?

I'm not struggling really either, but I have the ability to see beyond my own situation and look at the wider picture.

Soldato
So because you don't see what the issue is, that invalidates what 90% of the community thinks?

I'm not struggling really either, but I have the ability to see beyond my own situation and look at the wider picture.

No one in my entire guild is having trouble many have been farming ubers for the past few days, I think you'll find the vocal ones are normally the minority.

I think you over estimate just how far the average player gets in the game. Most don't even make it out of white maps.

Soldato
No one in my entire guild is having trouble many have been farming ubers for the past few days, I think you'll find the vocal ones are normally the minority.

I think you over estimate just how far the average player gets in the game. Most don't even make it out of white maps.

It doesn't matter how far they get, they're still players, maybe they'd get further if they didn't have to re-do the campaign over and over again and it was better paced? But no, dopey thinks a pretty tough intro to a very complex game is the right way to go...

The shills (go to the forum) are just as vocal as the people who are disgruntled in my experience there's just fewer of them. It doesn't matter what you say the evidence is clear this league has the community very ****** off. No-one likes AN it adds nothing to the game, it is a blunt tool, and should be removed, it was never a good idea from the moment it was announced, we all saw that. Now they are just running around with the arse on fire randomly buffing and nerfing things because they have lost control of balance in pursuit of a ruinous vision - that of making the game CW wants not what the players want.

Soldato
don't think that's really fair, their vision is mainly fine, just the implementation was lacking. There's a big apology thread on reddit today from Chris explaining some of it
going to push up to reds with lighting conduit over the weekend, it looks like most of the issues have been fixed or reduced now

Associate
Just to add to the flames this league I've been reading about the dodgy tool some players are using that allows them to scan maps for rares with the perfect set of modifiers for currency explosions without even entering them.

Sounds like a disaster really when you see the videos of monsters popping for 30-40 divine orbs + exalts and realize that 6 man groups will be exploiting this to the maximum somewhere.

Soldato
yeah tbh this is the bit I really don't like about POE, they use RNG for everything. Currency should be much more evenly distributed to users as it's what they need to progress their characters power. These spike where if you are that 1 in 100k user you win the lottery is just totally **** really.

playing both Last Epoch and Grim Dawn, they are setup for SFF basically with regular drops and enough currency to keep progressing at an even rate without having to learn complete strategies

the perfect storm kinda setup is also what's killing people like Carns char in SSF HC. You'll just get a mob with crazy stats buffed by more crazy stats and multipliers until it's a living god which would happily solo any uber content on it's own, in a regular map

Soldato
yeah tbh this is the bit I really don't like about POE, they use RNG for everything. Currency should be much more evenly distributed to users as it's what they need to progress their characters power. These spike where if you are that 1 in 100k user you win the lottery is just totally **** really.

playing both Last Epoch and Grim Dawn, they are setup for SFF basically with regular drops and enough currency to keep progressing at an even rate without having to learn complete strategies

the perfect storm kinda setup is also what's killing people like Carns char in SSF HC. You'll just get a mob with crazy stats buffed by more crazy stats and multipliers until it's a living god which would happily solo any uber content on it's own, in a regular map

Neither last epoch or grim dawn have multiplayer economies with an online market place so the games are literally balanced around SSF, LE has no multiplayer at all yet afaik, and GD has only co-op play.

AN was always about that one dangerous set of mods for a build that you'd have to think about that was the intention, but the execution was flawed. The changes to AN defense coming soon will help significantly as I am sure many people have come across that one rare who was just so insanely tanky it took an eternity to kill it if you could even manage it.

The philosphy of the changes make sense, the execution was flawed and the lack of proper testing and looking at the changes as a whole should have been considered, CW admits to that **** up as he stated and it won't happen again.

I am more inclined to believe Chris Wilson when he says that, over someone like Ion from WoW saying we messed up and it won't happen again. First of all they wouldn't admit to being at fault, and secondly we all know it most certainly will happen again, history has proven that.

You can call me a shill or a fanboi all you like, it's my opinion and thoughts on the issue, I have faith that they will resolve the issues, if you don't, quit the game and go play something else.

Soldato
so just put in another hour at lunchtime, met 4 mobs which could basically 2 tap me but I couldn't even dent. Game RNG says you lose hau hau

Soldato
so just put in another hour at lunchtime, met 4 mobs which could basically 2 tap me but I couldn't even dent. Game RNG says you lose hau hau

It's garbage. GGG have totally lost their way.

Absolutely not listening to what people are saying, just tinkering around the edges and ignoring the real issues. Tone deaf, it looks to me like they're trying to move away from deterministic/predictable/reliable towards RNG/Gacha/Gambling.

People just want a fun game with good and reliable loot drops, but oh no CW wants AN and laughable drops.

Back
Top Bottom