Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
so just put in another hour at lunchtime, met 4 mobs which could basically 2 tap me but I couldn't even dent. Game RNG says you lose hau hau

While the offensive bonus's for the mobs are staying the same, they will be losing a tonne of defense as was recently announced, that patch is coming soon so AN mobs will no longer have multiple stacking defensive bonuses.

Soldato
gave it another go, pushed in to late yellows and it's still a total slog to get anywhere. I guess if mindlessly grinding is your thing of just trading for power then ok, otherwise still an awful league

Soldato
Had some insane damage-over-time effects land on me from Lake monsters. Had a bleed that took me from 100 to 0 in about a second through Slayer over-leech (2.5k on hit) and 87% phys reduction. Another one was an ignite that killed me in about the same amount of time, again through Slayer over-leech and 80% fire res.

Not a fan of the league mechanic, not for the above reason, it's just really boring. The idea of making a custom map and moving tiles around is cool, but the Lake itself is trash.

Other than that, I hope they improve Harvest. It was a god-send on SSF but with the new form it's really difficult to utilise even with the recent cost reduction of some crafts. The lack of "reroll pre/suffix keep pre/suffix" and some deterministic crafts they removed is really hurting. Also, I was having a hard time with general currency and Tujen was keeping me afloat. There's been a few times I was scraping the barrel for alchs. I've not really noticed the item drop nerf that much, but I've definitely noticed a drop reduction in currency.

Soldato
I stopped playing this game ever since my account was hacked and banned with no recourse to get it back - despite me having actually spent real money on the game, buying one of the support packages.
First time I knew I'd been hacked was when I went back to playing it after not playing for a while only to be told my account was banned.
I know I can just create a new account with a different email, but it rankles.

Soldato
New update from GGG on certain topics.

Harvest Crafting said:
We're making it so that you can see how much Lifeforce of each type you have available at the Horticrafting Station.

We are also aware that there is a lot of disappointment around certain Harvest Crafts being removed. Previously, Harvest Crafting was balanced by how difficult it was to get the crafts that you want. Now that crafts are tradeable, Harvest's power was reduced to be more in line with other crafting methods. We understand that there is a call for us to bring those crafts back but it isn't really possible while allowing Harvest to remain tradeable.

While this isn't exactly what you want to hear, I can say that this issue was pushed very hard during discussions to see if any compromise could be made. Harvest's crafting potential without being gated by rarity is just too high.

Source

Saying Harvest must have certain crafts removed if it stays tradeable is a bit silly when it's been pseudo-tradeable for ages in the Forbidden Trove Discord.

I really don't get them. It's like they are purposely trying to sabotage their own game before Diablo 4 comes out.

Associate
I really don't get them. It's like they are purposely trying to sabotage their own game before Diablo 4 comes out.
Diablo 4 ever due to why play poe2?
Visually no different.
Gameplay no different.
Content just harder and annoying and tedious with poe2 due to the archnemesis core modifiers (it ruined poe).
so people will buy and play diablo 4 ever and then try poe2 and say, nah not doing this and go back to diablo 4 ever

Oh, thats me.-..

Associate
The league is essentially a new tileset with a bunch of recycled content. That's it. Leagues have been getting weaker and weaker as GGG put more devs on POE2. You put a crap league together with punishing archnem everywhere and POE just feels like a chore.

I have to agree archnem is the worst thing they have added to the game in years, dodging on hit effets, on death effects, degens everywhere. I can't be bothered.

they looked at playerbase all favouring ranged builds and dot builds, and instead of thinking how to incentivise players to play melee and channeling skills, they went full potatoe and decided to force a load of autotargeting heatseaking BS into the game to make it feel terrible for everyone.

Soldato
If your finding arch nem punishing your build sucks, at 93 with 9m dps on a melee build I steam roll through juiced T16 maps. Certainly some aspects of arch nem are annoying like the flasks or whetstone explosions but they have acknowledged that and will likely change it.

Other than that the recent changes and patches over the past 2 weeks have drastically changed how it is now compaired to launch. Unless you were in the top 1% playing uber juiced maps in a party of 6 there's little to no difference for average joe.

Associate
It depends how you play. Of course if you are in trade league with 10M DPS build you can ignore mechanics. I was in azurite mine running in circles a minute straight dodging heralding minions, toxic balls, lightning mirages. You get the same thing in ritual alters. It's not that it's difficult necessarily, it's tiring, repetetive and most of all not fun.

Soldato
Complaining about the game being hard when you actively select to make it even harder for yourself is basically the definition of insanity.

Lightning Mirages have already been nerfed, toxic balls are easy to avoid anyway and heralding minions are on the nerf block next, specially in delve where they are basically being removed completely.

Soldato
Basically I just break it down like this, I think most of the player base would agree, on most of these points.

1. Is the game less fun than it used it be? - YES.

2. Is less loot dropping than there used to be? - YES.

3. Is the loot in general of lower value than it used to be? - YES.

4. Are the loot drops themselves a mess? - YES.

5. Is deterministic crafting in a worse spot than it used to be? - YES.

6. Do you wish AN would **** off and die? - YES.

7. Are GGG listening? - NO.

8. Do like the general direction the game has been going recently? - NO.

9. Do you think GGG have a good handle on game balance - NO.

10. Is the game more grindy and unrewarding than it used to be? - YES.

11. Do you like the new league mechanic? - NO.

12. Do you like the Harvest changes? - NO.

13. Do you have more or less confidence in GG than you used to have? - LESS.

I think you can talk about nerfing this, buffing that, making chages, fixing bugs yadda yadda yadda, it is two weeks in, the league mechanic is boring garbage, and GGG are quadrupling down on mistakes.

You can try and defend GGG all you like but the underlying truth is the game keeps geting worse and GGG seem hell-bent on continuing down this ruinous path.

Associate
Complaining about the game being hard when you actively select to make it even harder for yourself is basically the definition of insanity.

Lightning Mirages have already been nerfed, toxic balls are easy to avoid anyway and heralding minions are on the nerf block next, specially in delve where they are basically being removed completely.
Because the game is balanced around trade other players have no right to an opinion? That's a cop out. Trade is large part of the reason the game feels rubbish right now, want Harvest, sorry has to be **** cause tradeable...

You are parroting patch notes from GGG but have you actually tried to deep Delve recently? I very much doubt it

sure keep blasting maps with your 10mdps trade league build everything is fine with the game:p

Back
Top Bottom