Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
1 Aug 2021:
No idea why but they're clearly deliberately killing their game; there's no other way to explain how a game that has been so thoughtfully and well managed throughout its many years of life is now just getting gutted patch after patch. I guess as a result of the tencent buyout they now completely lost motivation to keep going and would rather burn it to the ground & retire. Pulling a SWG of sorts.

That's also the sad part about these online-only experiences, you can't go back to a better patch if you want to. If we had 3.13 servers available I bet you the current game would be even more deserted than it already is. Ah well, c'est la vie.
Like fine wine. :cool:

wine-pour.gif

Soldato
GGG following the Blizzard manual to the letter.

Games can be rescued from utter disaster - NMS, FFXIV are great examples, but it is just as easy to be atop the mountian and throw it all away. WOW has done this (still a "big" game but a monumental fall from grace all the same), and this is where POE is now, at the top but slowly accelarating downhill and that descent is picking up speed all the time.

FFXIV will never have the subs WOW had or dominate the genre the way WOW did, but they know their audience and they keep them for the most part, very happy. It only needs another game to do what POE does but better and give their player-base what they want, and GGG won't be able to turn it around. Like WOW can't.

Is the acquisition by ten-cent at the root of all this? absolutely it is. People won't stand for having their time wasted anymore.

If a game is geting worse, why would I keep playing it? I don't care if it's still ok, or even still "good" - what direction is it headed? - Trajectory is very important to anyone who can objectively look at a game and think "I'm wasting my time"

The players don't trust GGG any more.

Associate
GGG following the Blizzard manual to the letter.

Games can be rescued from utter disaster - NMS, FFXIV are great examples, but it is just as easy to be atop the mountian and throw it all away. WOW has done this (still a "big" game but a monumental fall from grace all the same), and this is where POE is now, at the top but slowly accelarating downhill and that descent is picking up speed all the time.

FFXIV will never have the subs WOW had or dominate the genre the way WOW did, but they know their audience and they keep them for the most part, very happy. It only needs another game to do what POE does but better and give their player-base what they want, and GGG won't be able to turn it around. Like WOW can't.

Is the acquisition by ten-cent at the root of all this? absolutely it is. People won't stand for having their time wasted anymore.

If a game is geting worse, why would I keep playing it? I don't care if it's still ok, or even still "good" - what direction is it headed? - Trajectory is very important to anyone who can objectively look at a game and think "I'm wasting my time"

The players don't trust GGG any more.
Been 15 months of this direction.
Game feels like a job and is terrible tedious to play now.
I look forward diablo4 as poe2 wont be as good sadly

Soldato
Been 15 months of this direction.
Game feels like a job and is terrible tedious to play now.
I look forward diablo4 as poe2 wont be as good sadly

Yeah this is it in a nutshell. It's always required commitment and effort, but it was fun and felt rewarding, now I start up the game and I feel like I'm clocking in and there's no payback.

Wilson and GGG are just totally lost at this point, the arrogance and condesencion just leaps off those community posts they make, and they're also just flat out lying to top it off.

Soldato
Just got to level 70 started doing level 1 maps but getting one shotted by yellows, what the hell. I haven't played in a few years what's changed?

That's the Archnemesis system. GGG replaced the old mods that appeared on yellow and blue monsters with new one's that are very strong, especially when they have a few of them active at once.

Associate
Yea, I thought I may spend some time this time around playing. I knew what build I was going to do but I got half way through the campaign and it just felt so borrrring after playing this game for years, I just couldn't bring myself to continue. Something needs to change but it won't because all effort is going into POE2

Associate
I've heartily enjoyed the league so far, started with Bane again and had the pinnacles down in about 4 days. Got my mirror but am waiting for Mageblood prices to clean up before I grab one, running with CoC Forbidden Rite for the first time. All Ubers cleared but not quite as comfortable as I would like, definitely need the MB upgrade...and some new gear.

There were certainly issues in the beginning but it's got to a good place and now that the social media has forgotten about the uproar surrounding the changes as usual, people can enjoy the league. Lake's are eh but I'm enjoying the mirroring of gear, made some fun stuff...if not valuable at least.

Clipboard01.jpg

Associate
Yes it's OK if you drop a mirror :rolleyes: The chances are so slim to get one that 99.9% of people playing won't get one of those drops. So this is a crap comparison of a usual player.

Soldato
I've heartily enjoyed the league so far, started with Bane again and had the pinnacles down in about 4 days. Got my mirror but am waiting for Mageblood prices to clean up before I grab one, running with CoC Forbidden Rite for the first time. All Ubers cleared but not quite as comfortable as I would like, definitely need the MB upgrade...and some new gear.

There were certainly issues in the beginning but it's got to a good place and now that the social media has forgotten about the uproar surrounding the changes as usual, people can enjoy the league. Lake's are eh but I'm enjoying the mirroring of gear, made some fun stuff...if not valuable at least.

Yeah looks like you're more on the extreme end of POE players, have the knowledge and skill to get through without too many issues. Nothing wrong with that, happy you are enjoying it

Think for more normal players the difficulty/grind spike going through the atlas was just too much to be fun. I took a week off then pushed a cold SST Trickster up in to late yellow maps and it was really good fun, but the amount of effort I'll need to put in to make it end game viable is just too much for me personally.

I think that's the issue with POE, you either have the knowledge, skills, experience etc to be making crap tons of money or you don't. If you don't the game just falls flat around yellow / red maps. It's a real min/max or kinda elitist game really

Associate
Yes it's OK if you drop a mirror :rolleyes: The chances are so slim to get one that 99.9% of people playing won't get one of those drops. So this is a crap comparison of a usual player.

Would help if that mirror dropped. I earned it by playing the game and knowing what I'm doing. I'm certainly not in the 'usual' crowd of players of the game but it doesn't detract from the fact that people can and do do it.

Associate

Clipboard01.jpg

GGG effectively killed their own game and upcoming poe2.
Next year they have to contend with diablo4.

Permabanned
Not like Diablo wasn't and wont be grindy in the extreme though. Just seems they have run out of ideas a touch.

As tends to be in lots of RPGs its a case of casuals vs those with no life those with more time to play. :p

Soldato
D3 you can get powerful pretty fast nowadays depending on the free season set, maybe not to the absolute max level but then that seems a bit pointless anyway. You can see most boss fights and mechanics without reaching the absolute highest gear and difficulty levels. Progression in new seasons is really smooth. Think a lot of people play for 2 days over the weekend at season start and that's it.

Both Grim Dawn and Last Epoch give you plenty of gear and upgrade material drops though the campaign, never feels unfair but they are solo focused.

The thing that gets me about POE is the level of extremes in the game and calculations, like how do they expect to ever balance the game. You can have characters with anywhere from 3.5 to 8k life, from zero to 100k armour, from 0-80% evasion, from 75 to 90+ elemental resists, chuck in a bunch of other mechanics as well. Some chars can be pretty much invincible to a whole damage type. Chuck in log-out macro as well and the only way for GGG to kill certain characters is with ******** deaths

A bunch of other games will have much more narrow ranges for damage mitigation, health levels, damage multipliers etc, it allows better tuning of difficulty across a range of maps and fights

Chuck in trade as well and you can basically gear up a character barely even having played the game that can then go and one shot most of the game content, just seem so bizarre

Back
Top Bottom