Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
uh base game is really good just now, lots of QOL in the last few leagues
actual league itself is kinda interesting, the new weapon tree can enable new builds but it's RNG to find them etc, typical GGG. The mobs are way over-tuned but they are working to lower this
so really depends on what you want from a league mechanic, it doesn't poop out currency like Sanctum

Last edited:
Soldato
I was one of the seemingly few people who disliked Sanctum and I’m enjoying this league. I think they need to make the mobs in the encounters more rewarding, and have a selectable amount rather than channelling, as it’s just a bit unclear.

Usual GGG lack of testing.

Associate
I was one of the seemingly few people who disliked Sanctum and I’m enjoying this league. I think they need to make the mobs in the encounters more rewarding, and have a selectable amount rather than channelling, as it’s just a bit unclear.

Usual GGG lack of testing.
Same didnt really click with Sanctum maybe it was my RF build for the 3rd league not sure.

Have gone Toxic rain/Caustic arrow build and really enjoying this league, only just started maps as dont have much time but enjoying it at the moment.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Got lucky with an emperor’s vigilance shield drop last night. Listed it for the going rate of 75c, but without a passive tree, and got spammed senseless.

Nothing like an excess of interest to spark some research. Found out that a certain node can turn it into an energy shield monster, so took it to a crucible forge. Got the passive, flipped it for 20d. Happy days :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Not really feeling this league mechanic. Constantly fishing for items to find a good set of weapons you can smash together and pray for a good tree. It's a nice idea but I find myself doing nothing much else that IDing crucible trees.

Started Ruthless SSF also; really enjoying it. The extra difficulty is fun. Takes a while though, normally I'd do act 1 to 10 in about 5 hours on SSF at league start, but I'm at 12 hours in ruthless SSF and I've not long started act 7. Still not found any support gems :(

Last edited:
Associate
Not really feeling this league mechanic. Constantly fishing for items to find a good set of weapons you can smash together and pray for a good tree. It's a nice idea but I find myself doing nothing much else that IDing crucible trees.

Started Ruthless SSF also; really enjoying it. The extra difficulty is fun. Takes a while though, normally I'd do act 1 to 10 in about 5 hours on SSF at league start, but I'm at 12 hours in ruthless SSF and I've not long started act 7. Still not found any support gems :(
The mechanic is the usual GGG way, adds a lot of randomness to the combinations.
Seems easier to buy it and play trade league.

Ruthless ssf is same game stripped down and nothing really drops and when it does, its usually not much good as in normal game.

Associate
Really struggling this league, no drops, no currency barely got through the campaign and just can't be asked to be honest. Far different from last league where I must have got lucky.

Might just stop and wait for next one, then they wonder why people stop very early on, if you don't provide fun for the player they are just going to quit and do something else

Last edited:
Soldato
Really struggling this league, no drops, no currency barely got through the campaign and just can't be asked to be honest. Far different from last league where I must have got lucky.

Might just stop and wait for next one, then they wonder why people stop very early on, if you don't provide fun for the player they are just going to quit and do something else

ah think a lot of it will be tied to your league starter. Tbh it's best to just pick the one of the most reliable starters from the main build creators for the first few days. What did you end up going with?

Associate
ah think a lot of it will be tied to your league starter. Tbh it's best to just pick the one of the most reliable starters from the main build creators for the first few days. What did you end up going with?

Went with Fire Trap Elementalist, which has been OK but gear and drops have been pants this time around for me. came out with 4 chaos by the end of the campaign and gear has been hard to come by, meh can't win them all I guess. What also annoys me is you see all these streamers getting all these good loot drops that bags them 100 div from one sell, well of course this makes people want to play. I have been playing since beta and I think I have had two leagues in that time that I managed to actually get enough currency to make a build for end game!

I obviously cannot spend all day every day on the game though lol

You have to play the game to get loot.

:confused: I have been playing, I finished the campaign

Last edited:
Associate
nice little money maker for me has been selling all my bows that have totem explode on them, seems to be a very common node and just been chucking them up for 100c a pop.
all others that dont have special nodes in, i got in a 30c tab, which sell every so often.

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
nice little money maker for me has been selling all my bows that have totem explode on them, seems to be a very common node and just been chucking them up for 100c a pop.
all others that dont have special nodes in, i got in a 30c tab, which sell every so often.
This totem build is insane. There are suspicions that GGG is gonna do a mid-league nerf, which is unusual for anything that isn't a direct exploit.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
:confused: I have been playing, I finished the campaign

Campaign in this game is just an extended intro. Maps is where you need to get farming and build better gear, and chase your watchstones and atlas node completion. Then, you get better gear and can really start playing the juiced version with scarabs, sextants, and map crafts to get the kinda loot you see from streamers.

I've had a tabula rasa once in my campaign, and a divine orb twice, over many many campaign runs. Being a poor at the end of campaign is the norm.

Associate
Finally been able to stick a bit of time into the league now that I'm moved back in. I got the Fire trap elementalist to maps before, but picking it up again after a little break the play style didn't quite gel with me. I swapped to a Lightning Arrow deadeye and have had a lot of fun with it, I'm just now at the point where the price of upgrades and switching over to being crit based is getting expensive.

The league mechanic is hit and miss for me really, I like the idea, I've had some good gear from it, but I just can't be bothered with the farm for items to unveil.

Soldato
yeah I went LA deadeye in the end but went pretty much straight crit, there's so many arrows and chains it feels pretty good just starting over 50-60% crit rate. Vengeant Cascade is just so busted on builds like this. I'm clearing reds on pretty trash gear with 2x 5 links. Dropped 4 raw divine and a bunch of chaos/cards etc but not really invested it all yet.

LA Deadeye is one of the most fun starter builds I've played, it clears out some types of content so well like legion and expedition, the cold procs and off screening is pretty nuts

Man I played quite a lot for about 5 days then hardly since, think a bit burnt out on arpgs just now after D3 season, LastEpoch, D4 weekends now POE league

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Hit 40/40 on the challenges tonight. Time to call it a day for this league. Mechanic was meh. Hope they're gonna pull something much more interesting out of their sleeves at exilecon.

Back
Top Bottom