Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Excited to see what they show off, it's a bit mental that it's been 3 years already since they first shared all the PO2 stuff, hopefully the beta won't be too far away.

I ain't going back to D4 for the foreseeable future so fingers crossed for an interesting looking season here. The timing couldn't have been better for them really, if it all goes well they could really grow the player base.

Can you play this game without playing in a league? Or are there completely different classes/areas/stories etc while playing leagues?

PoE has a standard mode, although the reality is that a vast majority of the player base do play the league content and when a league mechanic is popular it will eventually make it's way into the base game for standard players.
The thing to consider though is that on standard the cost/value of items is significantly higher as all your league characters are migrated automatically at the end of a season.

If like myself for example who's been an active PoE player for over a decade, my stash on standard basically consists of thousands of exalted and divine orbs along with several mirrors. Which to a league player is a godly amount of currency, but on standard its basically chump change down the back of the sofa.

Last edited:
PoE has a standard mode, although the reality is that a vast majority of the player base do play the league content and when a league mechanic is popular it will eventually make it's way into the base game for standard players.
The thing to consider though is that on standard the cost/value of items is significantly higher as all your league characters are migrated automatically at the end of a season.

If like myself for example who's been an active PoE player for over a decade, my stash on standard basically consists of thousands of exalted and divine orbs along with several mirrors. Which to a league player is a godly amount of currency, but on standard its basically chump change down the back of the sofa.

What do you mean that all your league characters are migrated automatically? Do you mean that they are migrated into the standard game or whatever new league is running?

So I can play the standard game, just it will be slightly different than the league game. The league sounds like you have to play the game over a set amount of time. I wouldn't have the time for that.

What do you mean that all your league characters are migrated automatically? Do you mean that they are migrated into the standard game or whatever new league is running?

So I can play the standard game, just it will be slightly different than the league game. The league sounds like you have to play the game over a set amount of time. I wouldn't have the time for that.
you have standard league, which you can always play.

leagues, what other games call seasons, are completely separate to the standard league. they usually run 3 months and then reset with a new theme/ mechanic, etc.
once the league is finished everything transfers to standard, where you can still keep playing if you want to.

GGG call them parent leagues with each season being the child.

So for example this season is crucible league and there are multiple variants of it, standard, hardcore, ruthless along with solo self found versions of each.

At the end of a league a hardcore crucible character will move to hardcore, but if a hardcore character dies they move to standard etc.

GGG have released the schedule for next weeks announcement, one thing that has been pointed out by several members of the PoE community. There's no mention of 3.22 it's all PoE2. The only catch all presentation is the main 90 minute keynote which I guess could contain a small segment for 3.22.

Last edited:
GGG have released the schedule for next weeks announcement, one thing that has been pointed out by several members of the PoE community. There's no mention of 3.22 it's all PoE2. The only catch all presentation is the main 90 minute keynote which I guess could contain a small segment for 3.22.

GGG stated exilecon is when poe2 marketing starts.
so 3.22 may be mentioned but likely be pushed to the week before that league starts

They also said the marketing campaign would last a year.

And if you know anything about marketing long term advertising for new products, rarely ever works out, by month 6 people have lost interest in waiting or you end up like Cyberpunk where everyone is so insanely hyped up, that the product release is a huge disappointment.

Not the first time GGG would have said one thing and done another. Chris Wilson is basically the Steve Jobs of gaming, he'll absolutely have a "just one more thing moment", at the previous ExileCon when the conquerors of the atlas was released, they went into detail about the league during a post keynote panel, again no mention of it this time around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom