Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
Just discovered this thanks to this thread. Started playing on Ruthless mode, which I'm not sure is the best way to start, but its scratching that D2 itch for now.

Nate
Yeah, that’s the way to play if you want to crawl to higher levels and get bored (imo). Everything is scarce and stripped back. It’s typically the mode you play when you’re wanting to try something different from the current league.

Definitely do the league (crucible) and/or SSF.

Soldato
All but 1 of the dev videos aren't being live streamed, they will be released over time after exilecon like they did in 2019. Shame as I found those videos excellent.

The gameplay ones will though with numerous PoE streamers getting 30 minutes each, as well as Preachgaming. For a relatively new PoE player having his perspective will be great, specially for those disappointed with D4 and looking to jump ship.

Associate
All but 1 of the dev videos aren't being live streamed, they will be released over time after exilecon like they did in 2019. Shame as I found those videos excellent.

The gameplay ones will though with numerous PoE streamers getting 30 minutes each, as well as Preachgaming. For a relatively new PoE player having his perspective will be great, specially for those disappointed with D4 and looking to jump ship.
yea be great, 3.22, poe2, mobile etc....

Associate
Year wait for closed beta..... hopefully no delays or we'll be looking more towards 2025 for full release. They did say a year of marketing from now to potential release so that seems like it might be pushing it if closed beta is June 2024?

I think the split makes sense, I've wondered a few times how they would possibly make all the changes work on the POE 1 side of things, I would imagine that it will be more simplified leagues once POE 2 arrives to keep it ticking over.

It did look pretty good from what they've shown, seems familiar, but very different in feel. Excited to see the gameplay sessions in the morning and how the other/new classes look, it's nice to see real gameplay reveals where things go wrong, at least you know it's very authentic.

New league looks interesting, very different, I normally don't like the big micromanage leagues but this looks rewarding to to engage with.

Sanctum rework going core looks great, some of those atlas passives/support gems look fantastic.

Pretty happy so far.

Edit:

That Reddit thread blocked already :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
Year wait for closed beta..... hopefully no delays or we'll be looking more towards 2025 for full release. They did say a year of marketing from now to potential release so that seems like it might be pushing it if closed beta is June 2024?

I think the split makes sense, I've wondered a few times how they would possibly make all the changes work on the POE 1 side of things, I would imagine that it will be more simplified leagues once POE 2 arrives to keep it ticking over.

It did look pretty good from what they've shown, seems familiar, but very different in feel. Excited to see the gameplay sessions in the morning and how the other/new classes look, it's nice to see real gameplay reveals where things go wrong, at least you know it's very authentic.
Overall its likely the poe1 integration was to much work to put with poe2.
seperation was suprising as 2019 it wasnt to be.
and they can drop poe1 if required down the line.

Visuals and enviromental effects looks amazing and adds immersion.
Fluid animations, 100 bosses, d4 has what 10?

This is what I assumed blizzard be doing instead of the empty game d4 is.

Associate
While having to wait over a year for release kinda sucks big time, on the plus side, PoE2 might actually have some real competition then as D4 basically has 12-18 months to sort itself out.
that is unlikely as d4 needs a huge overhaul that wont happen.
Devs shown they have this set the way it is and maybe can change if playerbase jumps ship.

I be playing baldurs gate soon, then 3.22 poe and then starfield and then poe 3.23.
d4 gameplay and lack of content is so horrible and maybe they can sort it out.

Until then I await poe2 beta next year.

Soldato
kinda glad they have another year to work on the game as it looked a bit unfinished. The demo builds where either low damage or they have massively slowed down the gameplay

Associate
kinda glad they have another year to work on the game as it looked a bit unfinished. The demo builds where either low damage or they have massively slowed down the gameplay
gear and skills was limited to show combos and gameplay.
once you gear up and skills, its boom boom

Soldato
While having to wait over a year for release kinda sucks big time, on the plus side, PoE2 might actually have some real competition then as D4 basically has 12-18 months to sort itself out.

I doubt they have the neccesary talent or the leeway from the corpo leeches to sort D4 out enough to really compete with POE2.

Soldato
I think the title needs changing to Path of Exile 1, and get rid of the (diablo clone) nonsense, that may have been apt when the thread was started it defintely isn't now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom