Path of Exile(diablo clone)

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I like what they’re doing with gem drops for poe2. An uncut gem drops and you cut it into the gem you want.

I’d like to see them go further and extend that to endgame content resources as well. A “thing” drops and you convert it into a map, delve sulphite, a heist contract, a logbook, etc etc. Move the system away from rng on being able to play certain types of content, and just let you choose exactly what you wanna play

Associate
exilecon short notes:

poe2 visually looks amazing allowing great immersion.
GGG demo gameplay and mechanics and animations.
However they didnt show a high level character with good gear and skills.

Impression from the chosen display means the game looks slow and boring.
No one want to fight a boss for 5 or 10 minutes.

Alex with global illumination and render engine showcased
ray tracing visual fidelity using global illumination technology instead
cutting cost for hardware to run the game with superb fps.
Ray tracing not needed.
while poe1 dont have the latest global illumination tech implemented yet, the overall cost went down for me with new render patch.
with 4k and 6700xt.

Soldato
exilecon short notes:
No one want to fight a boss for 5 or 10 minutes.

I disagree, if a boss fight is engaging, rewarding and fun, it can take as long as it needs.

The boss fights in PoE 2 all look fantastic, specially if you watch the dev talk with Mark (Neon) on monster/boss design. Every single boss is unique with it's own mechanics and they are grouped into tiers so you will encounter some bosses that are easier vs others that are a challenge, but rewarding.

The bosses shown like in the prison, the siren and pirate gambler all had very unique design and mechanics, and there's 100 or more bosses in the game, without counting pinnacle encounters.

Many people have commented about the games difficulty, and if you look at the gear, you'd know why that is. The level 45 warrior had 900hp, only 30% resists and dog crap gear. By PoE 1 standards at that level you should have capped resists and at least twice the hp. Level 45 Act 4 in PoE 2 is about the same as Act 6/7 in PoE 1.

Last edited:
Soldato
The game looks gorgeous and I love the changes I saw. I'm not sure on gold though, and and the removal of a bunch of currency items, but I can't really form a proper opinion on it when I've basically only seen maybe 4 hours worth of different gameplay. I'm keeping an open mind.

The game speed and difficulty is absolutely just down to gear and links. All of them were just using 2-3 links, blue/rare items, not much life, and barely any resists (Act 3 chars had round 15%, Act 4 chars had around 35%). If you watch Kripp's gameplay run with the Huntress, you can see a huge jump in damage when he picked up that +55%~ phys spear towards the end.

You can just tell everyone who got on the stage to talk loves what they do and/or gaming; it's really great to see. When I watch a Diablo stream it's just a super fake scripted PR meeting.

It's too hard to pick a favourite discussion that they had on stage; they were all excellent.

Soldato
yeah watching more of the exilecon content and pretty happy with what they have done. Sure they will continue to refine and take on feedback over the next year.
graphics, sound design, level design etc are all looking really good

Associate
Jonathan rogers thinks refill flasks in town a diablo4 mechanic is better and more natural than his own poe1 design.
Oh boy how wrong he is
poe2 sadly looks like a boring tedious arpg.
zone respawns if you die.
refill flasks.
do 3 combos for max dmg.

Game gonna be tedious and old fast just like diablo4.

Soldato
Jonathan rogers thinks refill flasks in town a diablo4 mechanic is better and more natural than his own poe1 design.
Oh boy how wrong he is
poe2 sadly looks like a boring tedious arpg.
zone respawns if you die.
refill flasks.
do 3 combos for max dmg.

Game gonna be tedious and old fast just like diablo4.

Go try out ruthless, you'll be surprised at how good the game actually feels.

As for the flask changes, there's a greater emphasis in poe2 no longer being a flask piano, utility flasks are pretty much gone, so you only really have life/mana and the resist ones I believe. Quicksilver, Silver, Granite etc are all gone. So you won't be using them as much anyway.

As for the death doesn't really matter, you shouldn't be getting killed anyway, even more so if your playing hardcore. Having everything respawn means even software deaths have a greater penalty now rather than just losing some xp, which to be honest doesn't really matter at all until level 95+ where you really feel the loss.

As for skills literally for showcase purposes only, your not gonna be using them at launch outside of niche situations. If your looking at the showcase literally as is without taking into account the multitude of systems we know about then that's very narrow sighted.

Every character in the demo had crap gear, 3link skills with 0-1 supports only and an unknown number of passive skills selected. The best example from the entire 2 day event has to be Kripps gameplay showcase about 10 minutes towards the end of the huntress playthrough, he gets a weapon upgrade and his damage doubles making everything feel so much better.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I'm reserving judgement on what we saw until next year. They have already been getting a lot of feedback from exilecon where the general consensus, at least from the streamers I've seen, is that it's too slow and clunky at present. What I've really missed from this was seeing endgame. I think pretty much everyone went into the weekend expecting to see something near completion, and we got something that still needs a lot of work.

What I have liked is all the D4 burns.

Chris Wilson saying that POE 2 needs more work because how could they release a game without endgame content
Rory Rackham saying cooldowns are a bad solution
Raiz slipping in "d4 bad" at the end of their couch segment... childish, but funny to hear.

Soldato
the "d4 bad" was pretty funny, he's marked off the blizzard list :cry:
imagine they will make a killing on storage upgrades and supporter packs if it goes live and is good, I'll get a pack on the first good season

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I will probably buy the supporter pack for next league. The more I read about the league the more hyped I get. There's a lot of juice in there. Sanctum core, Exped single detonations, all the tattoos from this auto-battler league mechanic. Patch notes by the end of the week according to Bex.

And they've just upped the developer count. Apparently they've had only 8 devs working on the last few leagues... they've thrown more at the league dev now since POE 2 is farther away than they thought.

Associate
I will probably buy the supporter pack for next league. The more I read about the league the more hyped I get. There's a lot of juice in there. Sanctum core, Exped single detonations, all the tattoos from this auto-battler league mechanic. Patch notes by the end of the week according to Bex.

And they've just upped the developer count. Apparently they've had only 8 devs working on the last few leagues... they've thrown more at the league dev now since POE 2 is farther away than they thought.

When i saw this i was absolutely blown away honestly.

Its mental that a team of roughly 8 guys threw out Sanctum, I absolutely loved that league.
Crucible, I didnt so much enjoy but still got a 200-300 hours out of the league.

Associate
Go try out ruthless, you'll be surprised at how good the game actually feels.

As for the flask changes, there's a greater emphasis in poe2 no longer being a flask piano, utility flasks are pretty much gone, so you only really have life/mana and the resist ones I believe. Quicksilver, Silver, Granite etc are all gone. So you won't be using them as much anyway.

As for the death doesn't really matter, you shouldn't be getting killed anyway, even more so if your playing hardcore. Having everything respawn means even software deaths have a greater penalty now rather than just losing some xp, which to be honest doesn't really matter at all until level 95+ where you really feel the loss.

As for skills literally for showcase purposes only, your not gonna be using them at launch outside of niche situations. If your looking at the showcase literally as is without taking into account the multitude of systems we know about then that's very narrow sighted.

Every character in the demo had crap gear, 3link skills with 0-1 supports only and an unknown number of passive skills selected. The best example from the entire 2 day event has to be Kripps gameplay showcase about 10 minutes towards the end of the huntress playthrough, he gets a weapon upgrade and his damage doubles making everything feel so much better.
I actually attempted ruthless the other day.

I genuinely found it incredibly difficult, especially the lack of support gems and multipliers.
I got stuck on act 3, and I am not exactly great at a good skill tree.

I need to move away from the mentality that you can go in with a full build in mind and path and build along the way.
It didn't work.

I do really want to give it a proper bash though honestly.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Associate
Teaser info is starting to trickle in.

Trauma Support, Spellblade Support listed as new gems

Unending Nightmare
I will take this for map completion.

Kirac mods

Legion, Deli, Ritual, good enough for me.
I love the idea of unending nightmare :D

And the Kirac mods make me really happy, Essence and legion are my go to :)

Soldato
Starting to feel bored with D4 and want something to scratch that looter ARPG itch.

I just want to have fun rather than having to think too much about min/maxing character builds, etc. I’d like it to be casual friendly with room to put more time/effort in optionally if I wanted.

Is PoE that style of game or should I look elsewhere? Hard to gauge from similar questions on Reddit.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Starting to feel bored with D4 and want something to scratch that looter ARPG itch.

I just want to have fun rather than having to think too much about min/maxing character builds, etc. I’d like it to be casual friendly with room to put more time/effort in optionally if I wanted.

Is PoE that style of game or should I look elsewhere? Hard to gauge from similar questions on Reddit.
Watch streamers present their build guide tierlist after the patch notes are out this Friday, and pick something you like that looks fun and isn’t too expensive to gear up.

Some of the thorough streamers will have step by step guides for the entire levelling process, telling you what to look for (if you can get it)

I tried three times to wing it on my own, could never stick it. Was only when i followed a build guide to the letter i started enjoying the game

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom