Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Associate
Checking Discord and POE announcements and Teasers so far for the last week.
These seem to vary between 21:30 and 23:00.

Hopefully soon in that case.

Also, Sanctum returns I care about nothing else :D

Soldato
Remove all the ruthless changes and its the shortest patch notes we have ever had.

But I can understand why with exilecon and games om being major events this month. Plus there are several major game releases this month and next so still plenty to do.

3.23 better be an absolute banger though.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I don't really get the doomers. Plenty content to chew through, everyone's favourite builds are largely untouched, some new supports that could turn out to be hit or miss but will spawn some build variety.

Ruthless is a joke though. Doesn't quite come across as a side project anymore.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's just a set of players who want a good base meta shakeup. Playing the same build league after league is so boring

It looks like it will all hinge on what stuff the league mechanic allows us to do

Associate
It's needed a skill meta change for a few leagues now, really surprised they haven't done something as simple as that, feels like they dropped the ball.

So many unused or skills with less then 1% usage, why not just buff them?

Associate
I would rather they buff/nerf melee one league then buff/nerf caster another so the builds change every league.
Been wanting to play a great melee build my last was cyclone impale.

Soldato
I would rather they buff/nerf melee one league then buff/nerf caster another so the builds change every league.
Been wanting to play a great melee build my last was cyclone impale.

Boneshatter has been great for a long time its the best melee build, the new trauma support might open up a few new skills to it.

Soldato
I don't really get the doomers. Plenty content to chew through, everyone's favourite builds are largely untouched, some new supports that could turn out to be hit or miss but will spawn some build variety.

Ruthless is a joke though. Doesn't quite come across as a side project anymore.

It never was a side project that's total BS from CW, its actually what they want the game to be.

Soldato
so current builds thinking is start as frost blade trickster (dual claws until yellows then shield). Did a quick run to whites and it felt really smooth but not sure on difficulty pushing in to reds with it. Then crit ice spear mom Hiero for a boss build. Not played either so basically just backup plan if no new interesting builds are found

Soldato
I think I'll spend a few days and make about 5 options for league starter builds, theorise a bit, try to work in some of the passives and try out one of the reworked classes, then throw it all out the window 2 hours before league launch and roll RF jugg like always :p

Associate
According to a streamer who talked to the devs at Exilecon, they knew ruthless would be getting some major balance this league, that work was done by Hrishi who is the lead item/mechanics designer of the games.
Zizaran said it in stream the other day too.
This is not a single leagues content for Ruthless but about 2/3 leagues worth of balance changes.

Also while it looks like a lot, its predominantly Numerical changes on the ascendencies for Ruthless.
Which would be expected with the intro of the fourth lab.

I am a bit bothered that there currently does not appear to be an atleast somewhat meta shakeup outside of the expected nerfs (I mean poison and VC had it coming right).

Either way, its Sanctum and I am keen :D
Just need to decide on a build for the league, think I might go EA Champ for a starter just for sanctum and that it can do a lot of content relatively easily and for pretty cheap :D

D3K

D3K

Soldato
POB doesn't seem to think that detonate dead is affected by Hinekora Deaths Fury in new chieftain ascendancy, although that might not be conclusive yet. Don't think I'll risk chieftain on league start though.

Just ran a cold dot ele to act 4 which is enough to give me a taste of the playstyle, felt really boring.

Probably going to roll Lightning Arrow deadeye

Soldato
yeah it's efficient but I didn't like cold dot much either. LA is really fun, just direct screen nukes

there's a few new builds coming out now but not checked them all out

Back
Top Bottom