Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
yeah was pretty funny last night watching several streams. Wonder how much play testing they did of the archnem changes?
playing champ with max res, decent evasion and armour, killing everything with impunity then just drop over dead :p so glad playing in sc
honestly some of the archnem combos are un-killable for my build, just need to run away

lol, just watched Alkaizer's champ rip. He was 6300 life, 30k armour, 41% evasion, 79 res champ. Just fell over in harvest to a phys damage hit with endurance charges up

Last edited:
Associate
league is over.
its so overtuned with the new mods and they wont be able to fix this in 3 months.
steelmage the streamer got a headache from the stream due to its difficulty and was whining for hours how bad it was.

Soldato
Further nerf coming to rare monsters.

They will only spawn with 1 Archnemesis mod by default, with a chance of having up to 3 (down from always spawning with 2, and potentially having up to 4).

It won't really help that much though in my opinion. It feels like Archnemesis mods weren't designed to be built as a permanent replacement to normal rare modifiers and it's breaking builds, especially ones like mana drain. If you get that during Ritual, you literally can't do anything.

Soldato
there's a few really bad archnem mods, pretty sure they are designed to hard counter specific builds to force you to 'wake up' and just run away. I'm pure phys atm and can barely damage some of them. Then stuff like mana siphon are just nuts, it's basically enemy RF but it sucks your mana the your health at an obscene rate

The new archnem mobs also apply a lot more ailments and there's a lot more with chaos damage. 2 things I changed to stop dying all the time was fitting purity of elements and adding some chaos res. A lot of the SC streamers are still running around with -60% chaos res wondering why they are falling over every few maps

It's basically meant that builds with SC type defences are awful to play, basically play meta builds or really struggle. For red maps you now need 100% spell suppression, ailment immunity, block or dodge with high armour etc. Add in good damage and it's bricked a bunch of builds

oh god, most map bosses don't get any archnem mods and just fall over. Some get them though like infested valley

Last edited:
Soldato
lol, just bought a quill rain getting bits for a 2nd char. 6 socket in 8 jewellers and 6 linked with harvest 10 reroll link thingme...

Soldato
honestly think this is my favourite league so far now. Rough on the weekend but it's mostly fine now. The mechanic is really nice, loads of control on powering up mobs and some nice loot showers. Combo that with the atlas passive changes and it's all amazing

think enjoyment might be build dependent though, some non-meta builds will still be rough

Associate
I've been relatively slow going and didn't play much at the weekend, looks like I might have missed the worst of the balance issues before hitting maps the other night. Even so I still ran into some stupid combinations whilst levelling, several occasions of some rare packs being much more of a challenge than the act bosses.

The league mechanic I thought was super weak and underwhelming whilst levelling, but it seems to be coming alive a bit now in maps, very rewarding when used at the right moment.

I went for the same build as last league, wave of conviction ignite elementalist. Levelling was a breeze again, it's basically just get your first ascendancy for the guaranteed ignite, buy some Aberrath's hooves for the cheap ignite proliferation and you're set until into the low tier maps. I checked my numbers on last league's build and I got it up to something like 2 million ignite DPS on Sirus, which felt like plenty to do all the content, as well as being reasonably tanky for a modest amount of currency.

The cluster jewel setup I was aiming for along with a few more upgrades would have boosted that to 6+ million DPS so that's my target this time around. It looks like a few pieces are much more expensive already though, namely the Aegis Aurora shield, hopefully that will peak and start to gradually come down soon.

The only annoying thing so far is that my ignite proliferation out runs the stalker sentinel and chains off screen when the density is good, feels awesome on things like ritual or blight though.

Soldato
yeah I'm popping phasing flask with high evasion and phasing though the first part of the map with the sentinel on, then just loop back and kill everything. Getting so much loot now sometimes need 2 portals to get it out. Probably need to make my loot filter more strict at the point

Game seems to be kicking out a lot more 5 link drops and 5 link harvest crafts, a few other things have defo had their drop rates altered

Soldato
Some Archnemesis mods still need nerfed or just removed altogether. Corpse Detonator is brutal and the glow isn't good enough; Effigy is broken and needs removed; Invulnerable needs a rework or removed; All of the mods that grant immunity to ailments need to go as they destroy builds.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm at ACT 7, about 20 hours play time without speed rushing everything, still much faster than the eons I took last time.

Where are the essences? I've dropped about 10 overall (I loved essence crafting last time), I liked having the archnemesis spots everywhere so I could "craft" what I wanted to drop. This Sentinel thing, just seems like another level of micro/inventory management on top of everything else to me. It's not bad, but meh. I much preferred running through the campaign last time. I hardly played Friday/Saturday because of the **** show, and when I did it felt awful - I couldn't continue.

Played LS Raider again and I'm so glad I went with a familiar build.

Associate
Nice bit of luck just now for me, I had a harvest craft for change one unique into another. I literally said to myself in my head "go on then, give us an Aegis Aurora"

*Pop* Aegis Aurora :D

That's a nice 6-7ex saved.

Back
Top Bottom