People at the Gym :/

Soldato
There is this 1 bloke at my gym who absolutely reeks of B.O, the white in his T-Shirt has been replaced with brown and he wears it all the time.

Someone ended up having a right go at him and he walked out, stayed away for a couple of days then came back :(

Soldato
People with poor form I can excuse thou, maybe they don't care so much about the gym and don't know any better. It's idiots that are disrespectful that **** me off..

Caporegime
when i go to the gym i hate it when guys spend too much time looking at the mirror and they wont let anyone else use it, sometimes i even need to go up to them and say "you using this mirror brah?"

i then take a set of 2.5kg dumbells and proceed to look for a spotter, preferably the same guy i just asked if he was using the mirror.

also 11 tips for you guys

[ 1 ]
Fill an old vodka bottle with water and use it during a workout. People will wonder if that's "your secret weapon" to great results!

[ 2 ]
Wear a helmet. I think you'll find that people will give you a lot more room when you're lifting when you walk in with head protection (especially when you do overhead exercises!).

[ 3 ]
Pick up the 2-pound nose-itcher dumbells and proceed to lift them like you're doing the hardest set in your life. Scream and strain like you're pushing it to the limit. The larger you are, the more effective this one will be.

[ 4 ]
Load a tremendous amount of weight onto the bench press bar, e.g. 500 to 600 pounds. Make a big production with your preparation, lie back on the bench, then, just as you are about to lift the bar off the rack, your watch alarm (previously set by you, of course) should go off . Look at your watch, shake your head, unload the bar then move onto your next exercise. The smaller you are, the more effective this one will be!

[ 5 ]
Do actual squats in the squat rack . Ya ... weird concept huh? You may have to wait for a few people to finish their barbell curls, deadlifts, bent-over rows, and the rest of their workout but the strange looks you get when you start squatting in the squat rack like its suppose to be used will be well worth it.

[ 6 ]
Wear an electric ab-training belt with an extension cord duct-taped to it. Plug yourself in just before each set.

[ 7 ]
Have your workout partner bring an old remote control from home. When he presses a button, do a rep. When he hits "fast forward" go faster. When he hits "pause" hold the weight where it is. Just make sure he doesn't hit the "eject" button, especially after a hard set!

[ 8 ]
Count your reps out loud starting from 100 , e.g. your first rep, say "101", then "102", etc.

[ 9 ]
Bring a suitcase to the gym instead of a duffel bag. The little rolling ones with the pop-up handles are good. Also, a really huge one that you can fit a person comfortably in will work.

[ 10 ]
Do a set of Rolling Dumbell One-Arm Handstand Push-Ups . Or Turkish Get-Ups. Or Triceps Extensions on the Leg Press Machine.

[ 11 ]
Use sandwich bags instead of workout gloves.

And when you walk into the gym pulling a huge suitcase, carrying a liquor bottle in your hand, with a helmet on your head, two sandwich bags instead of gloves, and an extension cord hanging from your waist...

Soldato
I had an older woman (about 50, so freefallers age) come up to me yesturday. I was doing a leg session,and she told me she never seen people do a leg session from blokes and shes been coming for 4 years:eek: That is probably true as i dont really see many people their doing much leg workouts. Most of them have awesome upperbodies but then tiny legs, but they still wear shorts to show them off:confused:
Anyway that woman stood out for me as she's the only woman ive seen in there on the benchpress, which i thought was nice.

Associate
Haha brilliant. Now I was bad at doing legs when i first started going to the gym hence why my squat lags behind but what used to really amaze me at my old gym was this one group of young lads.

They were all on gummy berry juice aged 19-21. Only once in a year did i see any of them squat, and never saw a deadlift. Was always a shoulder/ chest workout and nothing else. Some of them had decent size but I was shocked by the lack of compounds:/

Man of Honour
I always see one guy in the morning during my cardio, he only ever does two muscle groups and each day he alternates between chest or biceps

He'll do an hour of bench press or an hour of alternate curls. I'm not exaggerating either

Soldato
[ 9 ]
Bring a suitcase to the gym instead of a duffel bag. The little rolling ones with the pop-up handles are good. Also, a really huge one that you can fit a person comfortably in will work.

Every so often kick the suitcase shouting in a muted tone 'I told you to shut up'

Associate
[ 3 ]
Pick up the 2-pound nose-itcher dumbells and proceed to lift them like you're doing the hardest set in your life. Scream and strain like you're pushing it to the limit. The larger you are, the more effective this one will be.

haha this is the first thing I do in the gym, well without the screamining mind you.
I just grab the 1kg DBs and proceed to do my RC exercises (which have done me great)
Now I am not huge, but I'm 6ft 2 and nearly 16 stone and I always get some shocked looks as people think I'm shoulder pressing that. :D

Back
Top Bottom