People at the Gym :/

Soldato
Just had the most annoying people ever.

A group of about 8 skinny 18 year old lads. Loud, rude, disrespectful and completely clueless, they did nothing but Bicep curls the whole time I was there, all while encouraging each other to 10, holding their 5lbs dumbells like it's heavy weight. Completely messed up the free weights section, why can't people just put the damn weights back, it's good exercise too. Damn man, to think that these morons will have children one day just makes me lose it. :mad:

Great session anyway... was feeling really pumped, maybe anger helps.

Permabanned
Just had the most annoying people ever.

A group of about 8 skinny 18 year old lads. Loud, rude, disrespectful and completely clueless, they did nothing but Bicep curls the whole time I was there, all while encouraging each other to 10, holding their 5lbs dumbells like it's heavy weight. Completely messed up the free weights section, why can't people just put the damn weights back, it's good exercise too. Damn man, to think that these morons will have children one day just makes me lose it. :mad:

Great session anyway... was feeling really pumped, maybe anger helps.

I hate it, walk into free weights, you start having to scan the room when the weights are not in the rack, walk 5 yards and put them back, its not hard, i love do 4 sets and trying to lift the weights onto the rack like they are atlas stones :D as soon as I put them down I know I have had a good work out

Caporegime
There are too many posers at my gym, but the weights section is great so I put up with it. I'm doing 5x5 so its a quick session, I go in, do my reps, ignore everyone else (usually - there are a few friendly people in there), then leave to go home and have breakfast.

I'm to busy fixating on the tight buttocks of the cardio bunnies to waste my time thinking about the idiots.

Yep this helps the workout go quicker!

Soldato
There are too many posers at my gym, but the weights section is great so I put up with it. I'm doing 5x5 so its a quick session, I go in, do my reps, ignore everyone else (usually - there are a few friendly people in there), then leave to go home and have breakfast.

Do you use a gym in Cambridge?

Caporegime
I'm doing 5x5 so its a quick session, I go in, do my reps, ignore everyone else

Actually having said this yesterday was different. I'm usually completely in control of my actions and my behaviour etc but doing my routine was compromised by what I can only describe as an attractive woman with and astonishingly good set of...chest muscles. And she was squatting, bicep curling and doing some tricep type lifts. Fortunately not as much weight as I was lifting, but I could not stop looking at her. Gah :p.

Soldato
I'm loving these youtube vids. It makes me feel I'm exhibiting textbook form. :D

The only thing that annoys me about my gym is when the school holidays kick in. The place gets so crowded and as a result I've started making these my 'rest' weeks.

I'm to busy fixating on the tight buttocks of the cardio bunnies to waste my time thinking about the idiots.

We have plenty of these at my place. Very nice too.

Associate
The gym was stupidly busy today and 2 gentlemen were doing DB bicep curls in front of the mirror occupying a rack and platform. Being a polite person, I asked them if they were using the rack (for DB curls lol) to which they said no and looked quite disappointed that I started using it and blocked their view in the mirror.

So I do my warmup and then my mate starts doing his shoulder presses, to which one of the two bicep monkeys steps exactly under the left side of the barbell and bends down to grab his DBs. His head was about half an inch under the barbell. Luckily I managed to shout stop and racked the barbell (causing a "wtf moment" from my friend) before the idiot stood up. would have been knocked out.

Soldato
So I do my warmup and then my mate starts doing his shoulder presses, to which one of the two bicep monkeys steps exactly under the left side of the barbell and bends down to grab his DBs. His head was about half an inch under the barbell. Luckily I managed to shout stop and racked the barbell (causing a "wtf moment" from my friend) before the idiot stood up. would have been knocked out.

Nearly did this today on my squats. Some guy went to put a plate against the wall (not back where it came from :mad:) and if i'd carried on squatting it would certainly have it him smack in the head. I did consider it for a moment :p

Was full of idiots in general today though.

Back
Top Bottom