People at the Gym :/

Man of Honour
Lol at blaming the spotter.

this was a close one :o

What the...

He looks like he's almost bent in half there, surely that doesn't feel like a strong position to be lifting from and why aren't any of the other people there telling him that it's just plain wrong? Quite aside from the fact that I'm not sure I'm flexible enough to do that at the moment.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
What the...

He looks like he's almost bent in half there, surely that doesn't feel like a strong position to be lifting from and why aren't any of the other people there telling him that it's just plain wrong? Quite aside from the fact that I'm not sure I'm flexible enough to do that at the moment.

I can see what he's trying to do there, it's a power lifter position but it doesn't look right to me. Google 'so you think you can bench' for more info.

Man of Honour
Yeah he's got a bench shirt on and he's clearly going for a powerlifting style lift, but he's doing it wrong and it certainly isn't comp legal in the federations that I'm aware of.

Soldato
Stuff like the silly form, ridonkulous exercises and leaving dumbells all over the place is fine to laugh at, but trivial things like people flexing in the mirror? Unless it's interfering with your set, what harm does it do to you?

Man of Honour
People using the mirrors doesn't make my blood boil or anything, but to be honest I do still judge the guys who position themselves in front of the mirrors to do their bicep curls. This frequently just means they end up blocking walkways.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
I heard a story that one of the guys at work was at the gym late one evening and because it was sooo late and no one was around in the freeweights room (which is downstairs) he took off his top and started flexing infront of the mirrors...

When he went upstairs the receptionist asked him what on earth he was doing in there.

CCTV beware! :p

Had to go to LA Fitness today for my dance lesson and it was like a sauna :/ can't believe they tried to get me to join there.... it is unbelievable. I know I pay a lot for my gym but at least the air con works!!!

BB x

Soldato
My gym is insanely hot every single day. They have aircon but its set pretty high to 'save energy'. They could just open the windows :rolleyes: Although to be fair im not paying much. It's worse at home when i was paying a fortune for esporta and the air con was broke for 5 months :mad:

Caporegime
So, at my gym I see old men drying their balls with the hair dryer and a few other things that annoy me.

Last night was a new one though.

All the showers have curtains, everyone used to close them when using a shower.

Last night - 3 men in their own cubicle, shower curtain open.

WHY?!?! ffs

Soldato
So, at my gym I see old men drying their balls with the hair dryer and a few other things that annoy me.

Last night was a new one though.

All the showers have curtains, everyone used to close them when using a shower.

Last night - 3 men in their own cubicle, shower curtain open.

WHY?!?! ffs

7.png

I tend to avoid the chainging rooms. Although since I want to start swimming again I'll have no choice.

Back
Top Bottom