People at the Gym :/

Associate
Saw some of the worst squats ever tonight. I'm no expert and my squat is bad but at least I go deep!

This ape was loading up the smith machine progressively, reaching a total of 7 plates per side. Each set consisted of squats where he probably went down six inches max. What was the point of that? I dont think he had a decent 180kg deep squat in him but I bet he tells all his mates that he squats 280kg:/

Man of Honour
Deeper!!!!

:D :D :D

Had a great gym session - I kept telling these kids to go deeper - they said they couldn't.... I told them, try with no weight on, yes that's it... deeper, deeper, deeper, deeper, keep going, there you go!!

Ok, so they tried it with weight, CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG the bar hits the catchers - It's too heavy... ahhh, you see, that's because you haven't been squatting properly :D

I know I know, it's elitist but I don't care. If you're going to squat, ****ing do it properly. Ok, kudos, you're actually DOING squats, but listen to the advice of people who know a thing or two about training.

Soldato
I'm in Nuffields Health club so you mainly get lots of women but not young, mostly bored house wives and then you get lots of spoiled rich kids.

It's quite a big gym but it really ****es me off that I see people come and go and they literally only do biceps and triceps the whole session, on a + side thou, I never have to wait to use the squat rack because no one is ever on it.

Associate
What gym was that freefaller? Was it the one in putney?

I may look into joining soon as it's not too feasible for me to stick with my current gym as it's a 50 mile round trip!

Also, do you have any idea how much the membership for the Nuffield gym on kimber road costs?

kai

kai

Soldato
For anyone waiting for a machine, when they are sitting there talking, recovering why don’t you ask can you jump in between sets? I often do this as i would be waiting all night when the gym is busy?

Also we have had a recent influx of people coming direct from work and training in work boots, paint overalls etc.

Last night took the biscuit an oldish guy was training in a fluorescent road working safety jacket - you know the ones with no sleeves! NO t-shirt on underneath

Soldato
I shall reiterate an earlier post. Smelly folk!

I become very sensitive and weak to smell during a hard, exhausting session. It makes the slightest whiff of a horrid smell just set me off! There's been a few times now where I've literally been standing gagging or had to leave the area because of smells and that earlier instance of nearly vomiting into a bin. Use deodorant and wash your balls, smelly people :p

J.T

J.T

Soldato
I shall reiterate an earlier post. Smelly folk!

I become very sensitive and weak to smell during a hard, exhausting session. It makes the slightest whiff of a horrid smell just set me off! There's been a few times now where I've literally been standing gagging or had to leave the area because of smells and that earlier instance of nearly vomiting into a bin. Use deodorant and wash your balls, smelly people :p

How about farting, I sometimes have a bad habit of letting rip, Silent but violent. ;)

Associate
Hate the guys that hog a machine or weights, also people that just sit in the jacuzzi for 30 mins and people that just get in the pool and disregard swimming lanes.

Ugh, bunch of turks hogging some of the weight machines, asked him was he done, he had his bottle on the seat, he was stood next to his mate just chatting, he said "2 sets" so I went off came back 10 mins later and his other mate was on it and chatting away like they own the gym.

Cant stand people who go in groups and just hog machines/chat, was really bad, weights was chocker but went in pool and only me and another bloke in there.

Yeah but I have a right to go on the machines, you dont hog a machine over 20 mins

When I went to the dumbells, the ones I needed where missing and one guy had about 4 lots at his feet then just left them

Never seen anybody from the gym come around and tidy up

Saw a lad with a trendy flat cap on, hogging the cable machine, with a wife beater on a tanned to ****

Jesus wept

I dont mind people taking care of their appearance but in a gym, you are their to workout/exercise not look like you are off up town

I feel bad for the guys at your gym. Having to share the same room with an irritating douche like you.

Everyone pays the same fee to go to the gym. They have just as much right to do what they want to do as you do. Stop being such a baby.

If you need something from another person just ask. Don't go home and post about it on a computer forum because you're too beta to ask someone for a pair of dumbells.

/rant - that's the sort of person who irritates me at the gym - the guy who thinks they're better than everyone else

Permabanned
I feel bad for the guys at your gym. Having to share the same room with an irritating douche like you.

Everyone pays the same fee to go to the gym. They have just as much right to do what they want to do as you do. Stop being such a baby.

If you need something from another person just ask. Don't go home and post about it on a computer forum because you're too beta to ask someone for a pair of dumbells.

/rant - that's the sort of person who irritates me at the gym - the guy who thinks they're better than everyone else

No, the gym has put up new signs, in big bold letters, telling people of the gyms ethics, the place gets busy so its all about sharing, not going in thinking they are going to hog the weights/machines.

Docuhe
Beta

Do people say these words?

Man of Honour
What gym was that freefaller? Was it the one in putney?

I may look into joining soon as it's not too feasible for me to stick with my current gym as it's a 50 mile round trip!

Also, do you have any idea how much the membership for the Nuffield gym on kimber road costs?

I've moved back to SE London matey - so not that gym!

If ever you do go the Physical Culture let me know, I'll come along and see Chris (haven't seen him since I moved).

The one in Putney is amazing though I do miss it :(

My ex used to go to the nuffield - I'll find out how much it was.

Associate
Ah, that's a shame I didn't realise you had moved to se London. Spoke to Chris over email today and will be going down there tomorrow to have a look around.

I'll prob look a complete noob as I haven't trained properly for months due to not working. Looking forward to training again!

Associate
Just been down and signed up!

Chris was a nice guy, I mentioned you and he said that you were pretty keen and trained a lot!

Quite small but looks to have all the gear I need. I also loved the fact that he gets you to sign a disclaimer saying that you agree to put weights away LOL. Needed that at my old place!

Only bugger was the traffic getting there. Decided to drive as my knee is kiling me atm and it took nearly 30 mins from Earlsfield as there were major gasworks on one road!

Man of Honour
Yeah the drive can be a bit of a killer - I got it down to about 15mins - but sometimes I just jogged there from the tube.

Yeah I did spend a fair bit of time in there! :D

It is small, but as you say he has all the kit and a lot of weight - and 2 racks so you're always able to do squats. :)

Not putting the weights away is a cardinal sin IMO! :p

If ever you want to meet up for a training sesh and a coffee give me a shout - I'm sure Chris wouldn't mind me popping in for a quick sesh. :)

Back
Top Bottom