People at the Gym :/

Caporegime
Seen a guy the other night, fat bloke, iphone in one hand and bicep curls in the other.

The problem was the curls were getting swung backwards on the way down! Looked horrible, felt like saying something.

Soldato
I generally do not care or notice what other people are doing in the gym... of course there are exceptions. I train in a gym with a boxing ring and lots of punch bags. Most people just happily do there thing on the bags and go unnoticed. However, one guy insists on yelling when striking the bag. He sounds like Ryu from Street Fighter. When he's throwing 3 punches a second it can get extremely tiresome.

Soldato
Since I only train at home with my housemate, here are some stupid things that WE'VE done. First some lingo:

Set the beef = set the bar up with weight
Beef the set = rep that mother!
Reset the beef = unload the bar

Now we usually train together so we share the beef resetting responsibilities. But this one time I was there doing rack pulls on my own so obviously had to reset the beef on my own after I was done. So there's the bar, resting on the catchers in my rack and I begin to take the plates off one side, cue me taking off the last 20kg and, completely forgetting about the laws of physics, the 90kg or so on the other end launched my side of the barbell up faster than I could blink. My first reaction was falcoooon PUNCH, just catching the end of the bar with my knuckle an inch before destroying my face. Major ouchies ensued, with some of my skin and blood still left on the barbell. In hindsight punching the barbell out of the way probably wasn't the best move, still better than cushioning the blow with my face though.

When I first finished setting up the power rack in this house I was excited for FINALLY having somewhere to do pullups. Now, non-commercial gear isn't particularly heavy and my rack with no weight on it or anything is about 50kg so pretty easy to move around. Picture the seen, my rack is opposite my bed a few feet away with 3 friends sitting on it. I begin repping out some wide grip pull ups facing out of the powerrack towards my friends on the bed. Suddenly I feel the back of the rack lift up off the floor UH OH! and before I knew it the rack had tipped over onto the guys on the bed, but not before the middle one tried to "catch" me by grabbing my balls as I came down with the huge metal frame.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
There is an uber keen girl in my Body Combat class... all the gear and no idea comes to mind...

Then there are a couple of annoying gay 'cliquey' guys in my Body Pump class who blatantly only go to check out the hot (gay) instructor.

GAY!

BB x

Last edited:

Nix

Nix

Soldato
There's a woman at my gym whenever I go in I recognise her for the simple fact she does absolutely nothing but the stairmaster over and over whilst reading a magazine.

Not really sure what the point of that is, but I guess it's the same misconception that ab-force (or whatever it's called) or spot-training will make that area/you 'toned'.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
There's a woman at my gym whenever I go in I recognise her for the simple fact she does absolutely nothing but the stairmaster over and over whilst reading a magazine.

People like that infuriate me :/ how on earth can you be pushing yourself if you are able to read/gossip in the gym?!

Also, girls who wear their hair down.. not planning to sweat then??

Pathetic.

/rant

BB x

Man of Honour
"I can't be bothered to use the lockers, so i'll just stick my bags in the middle of the floor along with my mobile phone, wallet, drinks bottle, clothes.."

Yep that's me sometimes :D

I do try and keep things out of the way though, but say if I'm on a lifting platform I'll put my stuff in the corner of it. To be fair, the lockers are often full and I'm not leaving all my stuff out in the corridor. Including my phone, bands and lifting gear there's over £600 of stuff in there.

Never thought about that before, but actually every girl with their hair down is mostly chatting or parading around (not that I'm totally complaining :p). It used to bug me when girls would come into the free weights area just to flirt with the guys, but in my eyes it was worse to see some of the guys lap it up.

Soldato
People like that infuriate me :/ how on earth can you be pushing yourself if you are able to read/gossip in the gym?!

Pathetic.
Whut? Depends on how long she is on the thing. I absolutely hate it because it's so hot at the top and to be able to read and use it is an achievemnt in itself.

...as for girls wearing their hair down, why should they pander to you? I had to share a leg-press machine yesterday with a girl who was pushing 300k-she had her hair down but maybe I misunderstand?

Last edited:
Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Just that I can't personally work out without my hair tied up - it gets in my way, the only way to stop it not getting in the way is if I don't do a proper workout - so what's the point??

Mainly CV stuff I am talking about.... weights yeah ok I'll let her off ;)

BB x

Soldato
Just that I can't personally work out without my hair tied up - it gets in my way, the only way to stop it not getting in the way is if I don't do a proper workout - so what's the point??
Worse than that, there is a guy in my gym who insists on doing his workout wearing a trappers hat? :D;)

Back
Top Bottom