Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Man of Honour
Decided to join the standing desk revolution. Have to say it's been amazing. Really liking it. I do need to get a deeper main desk, this one is less than 60cm and I find it too narrow. 80cm would be ideal but will wait for now. Happy to hear suggestions. Ideally would be L-shaped, but could just get 2 side by side. 1 side for work, the other for play.

ff-desk.jpg

Reactions: LiE

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
20 years ago, 2002:
Enlight 7237 case / Abit KT7A / Athlon 700 / 512MB DDR1 / GeForce 2 GTS / Sound Blaster / 60GB Maxtor Diamondmax (noisy buggers that died often lol)

RburOJ4.jpg

That case I custom modded, it was pretty terrible a job, spray can paint lol... went round a mate's house and together we dremelled our cases with windows, cut glass, added CCFL lights etc. Good times.

OcUK had not long been open then too, I recall buying a few bits for that build from them lol. Also seeing that pic has reminded me how much I liked those old Sony open air headphones. Such a great sound but being 2000s Sony, they died exactly around warranty expiration and I bought another pair, which died ALSO around warranty expiration time. I had a Sony VCR that also died and some other Sony tech. Have not bought anything Sony ever since :rolleyes:

Today:
The monitor dream of an ultra-wide OLED has finally arrived.

vkDHYii.jpg

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Do one even better, there's a whole massive thread on it alone :D

You should still be able to get it with a decent discount, many of us were able to get it for not far over £800 factoring in Quidco, credit card cashback and discount codes applied at checkout etc.

AW3423DW - https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/ali...3dw/apd/210-bdsz/monitors-monitor-accessories

Last edited:
Soldato
Do one even better, there's a whole massive thread on it alone :D

You should still be able to get it with a decent discount, many of us were able to get it for not far over £800 factoring in Quidco, credit card cashback and discount codes applied at checkout etc.

AW3423DW - https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/ali...3dw/apd/210-bdsz/monitors-monitor-accessories
Nice looking monitor :)

How does it avoid burn in though? Static desktop images would surely ruin an oled?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
My previous one did exhibit screen burn but I did wonder if it was because it was the first revision still running the first firmware, hence why this replacement is a 3rd revision on the 2nd firmware.

Will find out soon enough. The pixel and panel refresh actions are supposed to control screen burn as well as pixel orbiting. If these aren't working then it could be because of the firmware or hardware revision. I'll be able to confirm this now.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Oh for sure, gaming on this and generally editing photos etc is very nice. Oled motion clarity and rwsponse combined with gsync and the colour accuracy are in a segment of their own for this format currently.

Soldato
My previous one did exhibit screen burn but I did wonder if it was because it was the first revision still running the first firmware, hence why this replacement is a 3rd revision on the 2nd firmware.

Will find out soon enough. The pixel and panel refresh actions are supposed to control screen burn as well as pixel orbiting. If these aren't working then it could be because of the firmware or hardware revision. I'll be able to confirm this now.

Were you using HDR on desktop or just SDR?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
My use case is quite unique in that WFH day and night so it gets used for pretty much all day and all night. Granted the refresh cycles run here and there throughout the day, so I guess some element of early revision issues probably contributed somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom