[PIC_THREAD] Wildlife, Animals, Birds, Zoo

Soldato
wild young sparrow hawk @ tophill low near driffield

You need a faster shutter speed.

1/125 at 420mm isn't going to cut it.

It's not even light limited that causes it... ISO down from 320 to 100, and you'd get a better shutter speed.

It just doesn't seem quite sharp to me, that could be an extender playing a role, but also, part of the whole shutter speed faster than focal length rule. Or possibly having to manual focus because of an extender?

Stop shooting in Program AE basically :) Switch to Manual.

They're not bad shots from a composition stand point, just the settings didn't bring out the best.

kd

Soldato
I don't know what "dynamic" means (Canon,me :D) but I always use centre point focus for BIF.
I think it's a lovely shot of a beautiful bird. You're lucky living where you do to have this so close.

Associate
You need a faster shutter speed.

1/125 at 420mm isn't going to cut it.

It's not even light limited that causes it... ISO down from 320 to 100, and you'd get a better shutter speed.

It just doesn't seem quite sharp to me, that could be an extender playing a role, but also, part of the whole shutter speed faster than focal length rule. Or possibly having to manual focus because of an extender?

Stop shooting in Program AE basically :) Switch to Manual.

They're not bad shots from a composition stand point, just the settings didn't bring out the best.

kd

thanks for input still learning , we literally was walking along a path looked up and saw it never really had time to do much, but yeah i have an extender on which aint that onderful its a cheap tamron one and it does seem to slow autofocus down allot etc.

Associate
I don't know what "dynamic" means (Canon,me :D) but I always use centre point focus for BIF.
I think it's a lovely shot of a beautiful bird. You're lucky living where you do to have this so close.

My nikon has a few settings but the 2 I seem to use most are center point focus and dynamic area. The dynamic when locked onto a subject continually changes as the subject moves. I would have preferred this option for the owl as it was moving rapidly. I took about 50 shots most of which are just rubbish and out of focus .. I feel like such an idiot TBH but hey ho.

Caporegime
From last weekend
9476354904_8f736ebae9_o.jpg

9476358770_e3256fb0ff_o.jpg

9473566177_0ef521a55c_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom