Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Soldato

He mentions that from a test in November 16", all the sets have had many firmware updates since then and Im pretty sure the B6 had a firmware update that improved a lot in the picture.

from HDTVtest review verdict:

Being a self-emissive display, the LG OLED55B6V already delivers some of the best SDR (standard dynamic range) images on the market thanks to true blacks, vibrant colours and wide viewing angles. But the latest firmware upgrade has truly enhanced the set’s HDR performance: PQ EOTF tracking was more accurate; shadow and highlight details were better preserved (once the correct settings were applied); and 24fps frame skipping from 4K Blu-ray playback had been fixed.

Think the was before his video actually, but still the HDR differences are minor and I doubt even noticeable.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd keep an eye out for a 65 C7 or B7 for around the 2.5k mark new if I were you, better than buying last years model at £2.2k.

Search OLED on HUKD every now and then for the deals, or keep an eye on the OLED Price thread over at the AV Forums.

Associate
2 weeks ago I managed to bag myself a 65 inch C6 from Currys with 5 year warranty, it was an in store only clearance price of £1999 which I found out about on a discount site - they only had the display model left which they sold to me for £1899. I was pushing for more, but they wouldn't budge further.

Overall though - I'm extremely chuffed with it for that price! Slightly wary with it being ex-display on vivid mode for the majority of it's life, but no issues discovered at all as of yet. Picture is fantastic in every way moving up from a 50UT50 Panasonic Plasma. 1 thing I'm not convinced on for anybody buying from Currys - they don't seem to supply any documentation detailing the 5 year warranty. Having googled, this is a common issue which I will be following up with them.

Back
Top Bottom