Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Associate
Guys, 55B7 looking quite tempting now it's popped just below £1,900. Worth holding off for a Black Friday deal? Would there likely be any offers on a set like this? Ta.

Soldato
Tbh unless it’s super cheap right now I would be waiting to see what this new hdmi 2.1 brings with its 120Hz 4k and variable refresh rates. If anything the newer 2.1 sets might make the current models nice and cheap..... Maybe...

Associate
Anyone using this years model (or last years I guess) as a PC screen? Fed up with the current state of PC monitors so considering a 55" B7 as a centre piece. I'm coming from G-Sync and 100hz so a bit concerned but I mostly play RPG's and the like. Interested in hearing any experiences good or bad.

Caporegime
Price isn't perfect (£2200) but he's only had it a couple of weeks. Too big for living room without realising, seems genuine (and was a brand new unit not a display one)

Caporegime
I'll check my local Curry's just in case tomorrow, but doubt they have any. Plus I wouldn't want a display model, they tend to just shut the power off at the store which causes burn-in.

Caporegime
Well I would personally be reluctant to spend £2.2K on a second hand one, the new ones aren't that much more and they are from this year, and you get the from new warranty and things.

I know it's a bit more than I want to pay, but it's also local and pretty much perfect with very little use. C6 also has very good 3D and shares the same guts as the E6/G6 with better HDR than the B6/B7 so their are certain trade-offs going on here. Do I want to pay 2.2k? No. Am I sick of waiting for a bargain to pop up? Yes. Will it be worth it? Hell yes :D

Caporegime
HDTV test, check it out on YouTube.

I’ve watched the video and I can’t see anywhere he states that HDR is better on the C6 than the B7, this years models actually have slightly higher nits and better near black detail.

If that were the case on the trusted review sites it would have been mentioned that HDR was worse on the B7 and I’ve seen no mention at all of it, it always scores higher for HDR and the only drawbacks I see mentioned are lack of 3D and the info button on the remote :p

You’re honestly mental if you pay 2.2k for a used one when as above they could be had out of the store for 2k at one point. The guy is having your life and trying it on, only a divvy would buy a TV too big for the living room and use it as an excuse for a sale.

Caporegime
Fair enough, must just be better than the B6. I've pulled out for the time being to weigh my options (plus the LG warranty probably isn't transferable so that's putting me off a little).

Also the 2k remark, that's all well and good but maybe you do have a Deloren I can use? :p

Soldato
Fair enough, must just be better than the B6. I've pulled out for the time being to weigh my options (plus the LG warranty probably isn't transferable so that's putting me off a little).

Also the 2k remark, that's all well and good but maybe you do have a Deloren I can use? :p

No, its really not, The B6/C6/E6 are virtually the same set, apart from a different chipset in the B6 and no 3D on the B6. Apart from that the differences if any are minor at most. Ive not seen that mentioned once on the threads on AVF, and they know there stuff.

Back
Top Bottom