Pico 4 out soon?

I think that no matter what headset you use there's going to be some data mining. Four cameras and a microphone in your living room. They know how tall you are and your arm length. They can differentiate between different users on the same headset, and over time they'll be able to diagnose certain health issues related to balance and/or mobility. And we haven't even mentioned eye or face tracking. Scary!!!!!
50743141726_ec3ab89e9b_o_d.gif

Definitely, I just trust facebook to only exploit it for mostly marketing gains. Whereas the Chinese government may well do far more nasty things. Perhaps not that likely, but potential. Just have to look at some of the tiktok terms of service/tracking stuff.

Definitely, I just trust facebook to only exploit it for mostly marketing gains. Whereas the Chinese government may well do far more nasty things. Perhaps not that likely, but potential. Just have to look at some of the tiktok terms of service/tracking stuff.

Just out of interest, what are the chinese doing/can do with your data? I guess they can get your contacts and phone numbers, then start spamming you.

Just out of interest, what are the chinese doing/can do with your data? I guess they can get your contacts and phone numbers, then start spamming you.

If you want to buy anything from their store, they're going to have at least some form of payment details for you. Name, address, contact details, phone/email etc identity theft becomes a possibility. Hacking accounts, computers.

I see a lot of scams/dodgy stuff in my line of work, some I have no idea how exactly they work, but they pay tens of thousands of dollars a week to keep pushing them, so I assume they do. I'm sure they could do a hell of a lot more if they had the sort of data available to Pico.

I'm not a privacy loon, I understand that with Google, Meta, Amazon etc my privacy is very very limited, but I pretty much trust them to just want to get my money via "legitimate" means, and have little interest in stealing my identity/accounts.

The picture quality very much reminds me of when I had my reverb g2. Not surprising as it's the same resolution. Noticeable difference when your actually inside the headset.
I ended up returning it though due to the god awful sweetspot, and the even worse software.

LwGSgeN.jpg

From the same video Elite Dangerous looks much more vibrant on Pico 4. Are these all PCVR games? (I didn't listen to the video just watched bits).

rechargeable batteries

i see the Pico 4, takes 4 batteries, I'm guessing AA ones same as Quest 2 ?

i use Panasonic Enloop Pro , but they are 1.2 , do you think these will be fine on the pico 4 ?

i will need to order some more, but thinking of the non-pro version (the white ones) this time

Last edited:
VR-Optician lenses and a USB-C to mini-jack cable arrived today.
Have no installed and successfully OpenXR for use with DCS. USB3.2 data/charging cable arrived already.

Roll on the 20th...

Back
Top Bottom