Pico 4 out soon?

That's going to be the one possible third party accessory I'd be really interested in. A new face cover for Pico 4 that brings you closer to the screens. FOV is one of my biggest issues with Quest 2, and every other headset ive tried so far. Obviously Pico 4 will already be a improvement on FOV to what I've tried (DV1, CV1, Quest and Quest 2). But I'll be looking to push Pico 4s FOV as much as possible.

Last edited:
That's going to be the one possible third party accessory I'd be really interested in. A new face cover for Pico 4 that brings you closer to the screens. FOV is one of my biggest issues with Quest 2, and every other headset ive tried so far. Obviously Pico 4 will already be a improvement on FOV to what I've tried (DV1, CV1, Quest and Quest 2). But I'll be looking to push Pico 4s FOV as much as possible.
Pimax hmd's have large fov, i'm receiving a Pimax 8KX tomorrow (i owned 1 early on in the year but returned it due to a fault). They are fun headsets (when they work), Pimax hasn't got the best reputation for quality and support.

Pimax hmd's have large fov, i'm receiving a Pimax 8KX tomorrow (i owned 1 early on in the year but returned it due to a fault). They are fun headsets (when they work), Pimax hasn't got the best reputation for quality and support.

The fov is fantastic, I just hated everything else lol Mainly the comfort, the damn thing kept sitting on my nose making it bloody sore.

Yep, does look like a decent face cover will finish it off nicely.

The fov is fantastic, I just hated everything else lol Mainly the comfort, the damn thing kept sitting on my nose making it bloody sore.
i think i know exactly what you're on about, it made my nose sore too. i'm going to try a counter weight with it this time. i did get used to it, i think the bridge of my nose actually thickened up because of the weight placed on it :D

Any posts online discussing the usb cable link for streaming? Videos's I've seen says it's not working yet. Wondered if there'd be any benefit over using wifi?

Lower latency and higher bandwidth/bitrate. It remains to be seen how good virtual desktop is over wifi. I would prefer not to use a cable, and would be happy with a 'slight' decrease in image quality but not if I'm seeing compression artifacts.

Last edited:
Lower latency and higher bandwidth/bitrate. It remains to be seen how good virtual desktop is over wifi. I would prefer not to use a cable, and would be happy with a 'slight' decrease in image quality but not if I'm seeing compression artifacts.
That's kinda what I'm hoping for, want to make the most of my SteamVR library but not have to go through the hoops of buying a ridiculously priced Wifi6E router when it'll be on a different floor in the house anyway!

Then again I guess if it was just wireless I could play downstairs closer to the router, even though the PC was upstairs yes?

i think the pico4 looks fantastic and if i was just entering the market now it would be right up there (i think it would be the one for me).

I dont think it is worth jumping from a quest 2 to it however, or the reverb G2 for instance (I mention these as they are my headsets).

I wonder where meta see most of their profit? i find it hard to believe they make much on the headset and probably get much more from software sales and personal data.

as such i really hope we see a reVive like app but for getting headsets like the pico4 running quest 2 native titles.........

even if the pico4 was a generational leap over the quest 2 i would be loath to get one as i have my collection of quest 2 titles most of which i have still never played.

i think the pico4 looks fantastic and if i was just entering the market now it would be right up there (i think it would be the one for me).

I dont think it is worth jumping from a quest 2 to it however, or the reverb G2 for instance (I mention these as they are my headsets).

I wonder where meta see most of their profit? i find it hard to believe they make much on the headset and probably get much more from software sales and personal data.

as such i really hope we see a reVive like app but for getting headsets like the pico4 running quest 2 native titles.........

even if the pico4 was a generational leap over the quest 2 i would be loath to get one as i have my collection of quest 2 titles most of which i have still never played.
I know there's no dedicated app but will Revive not work on the Pico4 albeit using it as PCVR via SteamVR?

I had a quest 2 for a bit and have a few games ... sort of hate to go to a new system especially one that I trust worse then facebook (meta), but their unit looks good and facebook's new unit is way overpriced and not geared to what I would use it for (messing around - along with my kid).

I like the idea of going wireless and using a pc or not, to be honest not sure I found much a difference when using a wired connection but not sure if there are any decent tests? - I do really like the fact that the pico 4 will be decently lighter then the quest 2 (with headstrap) and more balanced - this was my biggest grip against using a vr unit. Perhaps it will be so comfortable I could play some of these games sitting down at my pc and using the vr injector with unreal 4 games ...? Im hoping.

I had a quest 2 for a bit and have a few games ... sort of hate to go to a new system especially one that I trust worse then facebook (meta), but their unit looks good and facebook's new unit is way overpriced and not geared to what I would use it for (messing around - along with my kid).

I like the idea of going wireless and using a pc or not, to be honest not sure I found much a difference when using a wired connection but not sure if there are any decent tests? - I do really like the fact that the pico 4 will be decently lighter then the quest 2 (with headstrap) and more balanced - this was my biggest grip against using a vr unit. Perhaps it will be so comfortable I could play some of these games sitting down at my pc and using the vr injector with unreal 4 games ...? Im hoping.
dont forget the new meta headset is not a consumer facing device.......... its not meant for us.

the meta quest 3 will hopefully come (probably back end of) next year........... that should be around the price of the quest 2 now and hopefully take the best bits from the new quest pro.

dont forget the new meta headset is not a consumer facing device.......... its not meant for us.

the meta quest 3 will hopefully come (probably back end of) next year........... that should be around the price of the quest 2 now and hopefully take the best bits from the new quest pro.
ya I agree if the quest 3 would be here soon Id just wait for that - looks decent and like the meta software etc ... havnt heard the best things about the pico software but know its a newer system.

Due to unprecedented global demand, there will unfortunately be delays in fulfilling some customer pre-orders in the EU region. We are working tirelessly to ensure that demand is satisfied by the end of October.

From pico twitter account

Back
Top Bottom