Pico 4 out soon?

Well, I wasn't going to, but I just pressed that buy now button for the Pico 4..

To be fair, I really like the eco system of the Quest 2. it's just that sweet spot on the eyes that kills it for me and even with the bobovr m2 I can't wear the damned thing for more than a couple of hours.
I am hoping the Pico 4 resolves all of this.

Looks like Virtual Desktop is the way to go for PCVR.

I haven't got a huge library on the Quest and no doubt will have to shell out again for the likes of Walk about mini golf that I play with the misses.

If all is well, Mrs Moo can have the Quest 2 and I can pass the Quest 1 down to my girls.

Showing Thursday for delivery so can't wait.

I look forward to you guys receiving it! For the feedback so I can decided whether or not to go for it :p.

I bought a Quest 2 a while back but sold it after a few weeks, purely due to it being uncomfortable to wear for more than a few minutes. I also bought the BOBOVR M2 head strap which helped a lot with the fit but I still found the headset to be too front heavy and hurt my nose and/or forehead. I was really impressed with the visuals though.

Seems like the Pico 4 should be better in regards to comfort even though it's slightly heavier overall, the weight being more balanced.

I won't use it for PCVR, purely as a standalone device, at least for now. I know there will be less games available at the start but do you guys know if it will have the same apps as the Quest 2, things like YouTube VR, Firefox Reality etc or at least available on their store? There were some other cool VR video/experience apps on the Quest 2 as well but I can't remember the names.

Mmmmm, my first impressions are that it's not much better than the pico 3. Looks the same image quality to me, and the comfort is about the same. Maybe a bit worse actually.

No dead pixels found so far, but I have seen some trapped dust :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I can see a return happening already.

The dust is tiny and at the bottom, so I can live with that. Others are probably the same or worse.

I'm not blown away with it yet. Just going to buy virtual desktop

Niggles

Still feels front heavy
No way can you play fitness games like Pico say, the headset will bounce and wobble around
Colour pass-through needs to be 3D. Everything looks weird, like my bed is on the floor
Light bleed causing lots of reflections
Face cover is a bit crap
after software update, the middle of the screen is blurry
Top strap is adjusted at the back, would be much better being back at the front, you need to lift the front not the back
Fans are going to dry your eyes out, I can feel the air hitting them quite a bit

anyway, let's get some games on

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom