Pico 4 out soon?

MRTVs take on the Pico 4 for PCVR:

He compared the picture quality for the Pico 4 against the HP G2 and Pico 3, using MS Flight Sim.

My take from the video for the Pico 4 was:
Good:
- FOV
- Colours

Bad:
- Sounds like he couldn't get OpenXR running. Was that correct? OpenXR is really useful with all of the flight sims that I use.
- Using wireless, the picture quality was far more blurred
- Using wireless, but running via Virtual Desktop, visuals were ok, but the frame rate tanked
- Using USB-C connection, Virtual Desktop doesn't support this, so couldn't be tested. Outside of VR desktop, he needed to reduce the visual quality, though the frame rate was fairly comparable to the HP G2

Had a response from MRTV 15th Oct stating that he had used wifi 6 with 10Gbps connections and USB3.1 gen 2 cables and sockets.

The Neo website does explicitly state that their devices support OpenXR:

Last edited:
Due to unprecedented global demand, there will unfortunately be delays in fulfilling some customer pre-orders in the EU region. We are working tirelessly to ensure that demand is satisfied by the end of October.

From pico twitter account

Nothing said specifically about the U.K, still got 2 pre-orders myself so confident I'll get one on the 18th (got a refund for the system active on).

Last edited:
Bad:
- Using USB-C connection, Virtual Desktop doesn't support this, so couldn't be tested. Outside of VR desktop, he needed to reduce the visual quality, though the frame rate was fairly comparable to the HP G2
EDIT I'm not gonna buy the Pico 4 "if" wired PC VR is not available

Last edited:
I'm not gonna buy the Pico 4 is wired PC VR is not available

Wut!
50743172566_9db55b3aba_o_d.gif

I emailed Systemactive this morning to ask them about my order placed on 23rd Sept and they just replied with the following...
Yes your order has been sent to the distributor and will be despatched on Monday 17th October.

Kind Regards
Tony Aubin

So that's good news.

Why did you cancel the Systemactive order?

Was the only one of my pre-orders I'd already paid for and I didn't fancy being £380 down for 2 weeks while I waited for my Pico 4. I'm hoping Very dispatch on the 17th like it says on their site and the item is defect free. I'll then probably cancel my Amazon pre-order or return it if it's already been sent. Very is 12 month interest free so it's my preferred option. Amazon is backup in case Very have stock problems or in case of a defect like dead pixel

Last edited:
Bad:
- Sounds like he couldn't get OpenXR running. Was that correct? OpenXR is really useful with all of the flight sims that I use.

There is no option other than OpenXR for MSFS. He was saying he couldn’t get OpenXR toolkit working (not sure if it’s a pico thing there or a virtual desktop thing) so wasn’t able to use any of its performance features to help.

On a side note, the one thing that’s been holding me back from OpenXR had been the lack of motion compensation for sim rigs, but I see that there is now an early version of OXRMC so I can finally look into using OpenXR across the board, happy days!

Back
Top Bottom