Pico 4 out soon?

The dust is tiny and at the bottom, so I can live with that. Others are probably the same or worse.

I'm not blown away with it yet. Just going to buy virtual desktop

Niggles

Still feels front heavy
No way can you play fitness games like Pico say, the headset will bounce and wobble around
Colour pass-through needs to be 3D. Everything looks weird, like my bed is on the floor
Light bleed causing lots of reflections
Face cover is a bit crap
after software update, the middle of the screen is blurry
Top strap is adjusted at the back, would be much better being back at the front, you need to lift the front not the back
Fans are going to dry your eyes out, I can feel the air hitting them quite a bit

anyway, let's get some games on

My thanks for the feedback and observations, keep em coming.

Have you tried PCVR via wifi or USB?

So, who took a day off school to play with their new toys?
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Virtual desktop is flipping brilliant!!! To my eyes looks better than when I used the cable. 30ms, 150 bitrate. Wifi says 1200 which I think is the maximum. Can't complain about that. The developer seems to think the new hvec codec at 150 is like 500 on h264.

Battery life using it though is another matter. It's dead already, so have it on charge. I've only used it for 10mins, and I'm sure it said 50% when I first powered on.

Can't understand why pico didn't use the headstrap from the neo3. That was much better. This one is crap!

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the difference is between medium, high and ultra settings in virtual desktop? I thought it might be the resolution, but that's set in steamvr as 100% ??

:edit: OK, I think it is the resolution it sends to steamvr. Assume ultra is native panel res? I've been on medium and thought that looked awesome :eek:

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the difference is between medium, high and ultra settings in virtual desktop? I thought it might be the resolution, but that's set in steamvr as 100% ??

:edit: OK, I think it is the resolution it sends to steamvr. Assume ultra is native panel res? I've been on medium and thought that looked awesome :eek:

Hey TheOracle. I see you got the Pico 4 and no dead pixels. Must be your lucky day, or that eye surgery worked :p

Your edit is correct, it's just the resolution that Virtual desktop sends to SteamVR. I am not sure what the Ultra resolution Virtual desktop uses for the Pico 4 but it didn't use native resolution for the Quest 2 or Pico neo 3. Ultra resolution is 2688x2784 in Virtual desktop for those two headsets.

Hey TheOracle. I see you got the Pico 4 and no dead pixels. Must be your lucky day, or that eye surgery worked :p

Your edit is correct, it's just the resolution that Virtual desktop sends to SteamVR. I am not sure what the Ultra resolution Virtual desktop uses for the Pico 4 but it didn't use native resolution for the Quest 2 or Pico neo 3. Ultra resolution is 2688x2784 in Virtual desktop for those two headsets.
You're Alive!

Got my Pico 4 & i must say i'm not a fan of the facial interface it's quite hard and doesn't mould to your face and there are a couple of light leaks..VRCover needed here...the headset is very light though and i don't mind the strap works ok.
You can feel a fan blowing inside the headset which feels a bit weird but not unpleasant...not seen any dust or dead pixels but only had it on for a few mins will look closer when i have more time later.

Last edited:
Just had 30mins in F1 '22

Very impressed with virtual desktop. Can't get over just how good it is over wireless.

from memory:
High - 2880x2800 35ms
Ultra - 3168x3168 45ms

Just check steam when changing resolutions, as when I went to ultra it moved steam to 130% and my GPU absolutely tanked lol Make sure it's 100%. That said, I might drop down to high and stick some steam SS on to compare.

Gonna take some tinkering to get the best visuals at the lowest latency.

Battery life is going be an issue though I think. 30mins went from 100% down to 60%. That means I can't do a full F1 race :-( I'm not going to use a cable, else we might as well have had a bloody displayport. That said, I might be moving away from F1 anyway and just stick to iRacing.

It's certainly not a perfect headset.

They should have put the neo3 strap on, and tried for a bigger heavier battery.

HTC Vive have just teased their new headset again.....decisions, decisions.

Just about to try iRacing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom