Pico 4 out soon?

128gb mate

It's only going to be used for sim racing, star wars squadrons and flight sim

Can't grumble at £379 and the biggest thing for me was always the comfort
I agree comfort was a big factor with the quest 2 for me. My neck is very sensitive to weight on it etc... So lighter and more balanced :) kind of waiting to see what the quest pro will be priced at - the whole business moniker is probably just a term for higher price.

I agree comfort was a big factor with the quest 2 for me. My neck is very sensitive to weight on it etc... So lighter and more balanced :) kind of waiting to see what the quest pro will be priced at - the whole business moniker is probably just a term for higher price.

Rumours were around $1500 so I wouldn't be expecting a bargain.

I've pre-ordered a neo 4 just out of curiosity more than anything else, definitely going to be a sidegrade at best from the G2 (although hopefully the pancake lenses might make a difference despite same resolution) but I miss the wireless option of my old quest 1 for standing games and I've got HL2 VR mod to play through now! Hopefully the Neo 4 will tide me over until we start seeing some real next gen headets like the Deckard/Index 2 and the new pimax stuff.

Last edited:
I'm banking on the q3 doing some cleverness with wifi link, and also having proper eye tracking to really get the most out of the system, that would mean a huge graphics boost.

Rumours were around $1500 so I wouldn't be expecting a bargain.

I've pre-ordered a neo 4 just out of curiosity more than anything else, definitely going to be a sidegrade at best from the G2 (although hopefully the pancake lenses might make a difference despite same resolution) but I miss the wireless option of my old quest 1 for standing games and I've got HL2 VR mod to play through now! Hopefully the Neo 4 will tide me over until we start seeing some real next gen headets like the Deckard/Index 2 and the new pimax stuff.

The link I posted earlier the guy did mention the comparison to the G2 this uses a display port right? - he did say the G2 was better then the pico 4 ... just so you know as far as picture quality. But obviously the lightness of the unit and balance will be a factor if thats important for you. Well I am expecting a bargain for the quest pro well at least not at 1500 - I could deal with 849pounds more then that - I would find it hard to justify and would probably just go for the pico 4.

Last edited:
I dont think quest pro will have a DP port either. We're going to have to wait for someone else.

There's obviously Pimax, but they are giant heavy uncomfortable things.

Someone needs to make this

Size and shape of Pico 4
Pancake
MiniLED or OLED
No SOC or Battery (so very light)
Displayport (or some kind of better wireless solution would be awesome)

System active have posted more specs:

Assuming that the above is correct, the Pico 4 has USB3.2, which supports upto 20Gbps, ie enough to be comparable to DP.
What we don’t know is whether the Pico will use the bandwidth available, or compress the video signal regardless.

Quite clearly, does also mean that the PC will need to support USB3.2. Time to go check the specs for my PC

Last edited:
ok, so what the negative points here ?

on another note im still fairly tempted to switch as i want more comfort over the Q2
as long as i can do wireless out of the box in the same way as Q2 can (as a minimum) VD via router as i do now, and be able todo PCVR stuff (Steam?) then... i might buy one
but the IPD puts me off, shame its so limited as i think i may be under 62 im not sure

System active have posted more specs:

Assuming that the above is correct, the Pico 4 has USB3.2, which supports upto 20Gbps, ie enough to be comparable to DP.
What we don’t know is whether the Pico will use the bandwidth available, or compress the video signal regardless.

Quite clearly, does also mean that the PC will need to support USB3.2. Time to go check the specs for my PC

Good spot

Yeah the quest is limited by the ability of the XR2 to process the encoded stream iirc. Unless pico have built in a specific chip to handle decompression (which is possible but I haven’t seen it mentioned) they will likely run into similar limitations…

That said I didn’t find the compression on quest a dealbreaker, and actually chose Wi-Fi for most games to get that untethered freedom.

Interested how it compares to the G2… will be refreshing just to use something other than WMR tbh. If the G2 is still better visually then I’ll keep it for sim stuff and use the pico for everything else.

Last edited:
Claiming the pico 4 is comparable to the quest pro? And it blows away the q2? Before watching any more, I'm guessing Virtual Desktop is far better on the pico 4 than the q2...

FFS.... The reason it's better? Virtual desktop will send a higher resolution image to the Pico 4, than the q2... a headset with a higher resolution, will receive a higher resolution....

because Pico 4 is a higher resolution so you can stream to it with VD higher than the Q2

but more power needed in your PC

but ive not changed any settings, so i don't use the highest resolution anyway, so im happy you can play ALL metas PCVR games on the pico without revibe or what ever its called

I bought the Neo 3 link but returned it due to dead pixels for a refund..Systemactive sent me an email with a link for the Neo4 which gives me a pre order with a 4th October payment date so i have taken a punt on a 128gb Neo 4..lets see what happens.

Don't know about this.

The display port thing takes away the buy it anyway, but equally off putting is the 2.5/3 hour battery life. Typically on weekends and holidays it's all day with stints of 4 hours in between coffee breaks.

Another headset to throw on the pile makes me weary, but discounted the 128gb is super cheap, and the hardware looks spiffy.

The Neo 3 really did workout for me, no qualms about rocking up with them again.

Back
Top Bottom