PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
OP
Pre-order cost me £25 :D

Trust me guys you have spent money on worst games that cost much more then this!! £27 is nothing You easy make that back in play time! They is a lot of fun to be had in this game :D

Anyway I dont need to convince anyone am happy and thats all that matter :D

Soldato
OP
Blog post http://playbattlegrounds.com/news/64.pu

Players,

Today is a very special day for me! For the last four years, ever since I launched my first Battle Royale game-mode using the DayZ mod on Arma 2, I have worked hard to try deliver an intense, dynamic and fun experience. Through its various iterations in the ARMA series, H1Z1 and now in my own standalone game, you all have shown me tremendous support, and for that I want to say a sincere thank you.

We will look at what steps we will take to optimize the game later in this post, but first, our official early access launch trailer!

https://youtu.be/fDLAFIhfFy4

And now comes the line I thought I would never get the chance to say… my game is now available to purchase on Steam Early Access!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/578080

I now want to run through a timeline for optimization of our game. A lot of you have been asking about how and when we will optimize the game, so hopefully this post will give you a better idea of our plans over the coming months.

One important thing to note. Client optimization takes time, and will not be solved in one single patch. We will be working hard over the next 6 months to ensure all players enjoy smooth gameplay with no lag or FPS drops.

Initial Performance Improvements

Key Objectives

• To reduce the overload on the CPU, and make sure that the GPU performs to its full capability

Expected Results

• Frame rates will be stable even when in high-density areas

• Get higher frame rates across all graphic options

ETA: Apr. 14th (Expected to take roughly 5 weeks)

Further Performance Improvements

Step 1: Art assets optimization (Apr. 7th)

• Decrease the LOD vertex for buildings seen at long distances

11_1490279310039.png

• Decrease the total amount of vertex by adjusting the LOD on terrains

Step 2: Improve the rendering performance of terrain and ocean shader (TBD)

Step 3: Decrease the overload on the CPU by rearranging wall near buildings (TBD)

Step 4: Decrease the usage rate of the video memory (TBD)

* We have already managed to make some of the improvements in our final CBT build, decreasing video memory usage by 1 GB.

See you in-game,

PLAYERUNKNOWN

Soldato
Since when is £27 a lot of money for a game?

Ive said it before PC games have ben spoiled with deep sales and cheap games, i know i do it as well but TBH I know im going to play at least (and probally more than) 27 hours of this game and if you think £1/Hr is a bad deal you need to get a better job.

Hell its cheaper than a night out (unless your KFC date man). you can barely take 2 people to the movies for that here.

Caporegime
i think the thing is many people have been stung with this type of game on kickstarters , early access.all promise the same. most dont deliver. 27 quid not sure.

Soldato
OP
i think the thing is many people have been stung with this type of game on kickstarters , early access.all promise the same. most dont deliver. 27 quid not sure.

But this game is already proven to be well worth its asking price. They is enough footage out there to make that choice! I can understand EA games can be a trouble but this I feel is already a great game.
Its planned to be in EA for 6 months while they can steam work shop in and sort out performance.

Associate
This is not "Gold" yet so £27 is a lot to ask in my opinion.

£27 is a lot to pay for "potential".

Too many are fapping to the hype at the moment so I guess no constructive criticism is allowed this early on.

Wasn't the beta generally well received though? I could understand if we've only had videos to go by at this stage, but people have played and thoroughly enjoyed it?

Last edited:
Associate
Yes I have to say i have watched 40-50 youtube/twitch videos/streams and to a person all of them have really enjoyed the game, yes they all had bugs that needed to fixed or parts of the mechanics that they didn't like but overall I can't remember a single youtuber/twitcher who said the game was bad from the ones i watched.

Last edited:

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Bought this and will be in game inside of 30 minutes:) Gives me time to tidy up before the ball and chain gets in from work.

Back
Top Bottom