PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Absolutely not, I've brought friends over with mixed skill levels and they love it.

Twitch shooting isn't that important in this game compared to H1Z1 for example, game sense and awareness matters the most.

There will also be match-making based on skill quite soon too so you shouldn't worry about getting matched with top skill players that know every trick of the trade.

Thank you Plenty. Really like the look of this which is saying something as I never play online shooters. H1Z1 and the like all passed me by but this has very much piqued my interest so I guess I will jump in.

Are there any OCUK based groups involved in the game?

I'm awful and still managed a solo win. Partly due to me not playing much to be fair. As said above it's not about twitch shooting, you can make it to final few just by being sneaky.

Thank you Plenty. Really like the look of this which is saying something as I never play online shooters. H1Z1 and the like all passed me by but this has very much piqued my interest so I guess I will jump in.

Are there any OCUK based groups involved in the game?

To be honest most of us play for fun. Very few seem to take it that seriously.

There's a load of OcUK players in the unofficial Discord;

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ocuk-unofficial-discord-channel.18712831/

Various skill levels in there. All seem happy to play with whoever and whatever skill :).

I don't think it matters how much practice you have someone will still destroy you :D.

I would say it's more about positioning and common sense than aiming ability.

Question for you guys...

I'm not the best twitch player nor do I have loads of time to put into practicing to make me "Ultra L33T" so would I be wasting time buying this?

I have a 4 month old child so I just dont have the time to get super competent at it and online shooters are no fun when you just get destroyed everytime you play due to everyone having time to practice. Is there a pick up and play aspect to this or are people that far ahead of me already where I will just get hammered?
I'm absolutely horrendous when it comes to playing online shooters and I'm still having a really great time playing this game.
Whenever I squad up, my teammates haven't been negative about my lack of a good aim or my poor driving... so people seem to be accepting of all abilities in this game.

With the somewhat random loot, it's also a bit of a luck based game. You may land directly on a gun while someone else cant find more than a pan and a couple of bandages, another time they'll find a loot heaven and you have nothing but your fists.

I'd say that I probably play the game once a week, maybe sometimes a bit more or less (depending on commitments) so it's definitely something that you can play casually. Nobody is going to get ahead of you in the game other than maybe refined skill at leading shots. The only stuff they'll have gained in terms of items is all cosmetic, most people don't dress their character for a stealth advantage (unless they find a ghillie suit in one of the dropped crates).

If anyone wants a disgustingly hilarious game... Go play on the Asia server. Zero spatial awareness and common sense
That's what I found when I first started playing on the NA servers. They all jumped in huge groups or charged into the middle of the zone and just start blasting away. Could be as many as half the players dead on 5 minutes. Then easily a dozen or more die to the zone!!

I think the reason you may be having easier games on other regions is the ratings. If you haven't played on them before you will be weighted against players who are new to the game as well.

Apparently matchmaking is in already but only a fairly limited form.

Got this game the other day, already clocked up over 12 hours lol. Playing mostly solo and duo when my mate from work is on.

Is this best as a full 4 man squad? Or do you guys mainly play in single/duo? (I haven't played with randoms yet!)

I think the reason you may be having easier games on other regions is the ratings. If you haven't played on them before you will be weighted against players who are new to the game as well.

Apparently matchmaking is in already but only a fairly limited form.
At one point I was in the top ten rankings on the test NA server and top 2-300 on NA stable and was still finding them to be utter spanners!! Lol

At one point I was in the top ten rankings on the test NA server and top 2-300 on NA stable and was still finding them to be utter spanners!! Lol

Lol fair enough. Maybe I was wrong about matchmaking then :(.

Bah was decimating one round but got distracted :(. Didn't seem to put a foot wrong until that point.

Matchmaking does exist, a few of the higher skilled streamers (not top viewed, there's a difference) have a few videos up of them sitting in the lobby for 10, sometimes 15 minutes waiting for equal skilled players to join between games.

My anecdotal evidence says it does exist, when my rankings drop terribly after a bad evening, the next day I typically get a few wins.

To be honest most of us play for fun. Very few seem to take it that seriously.

There's a load of OcUK players in the unofficial Discord;

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ocuk-unofficial-discord-channel.18712831/

Various skill levels in there. All seem happy to play with whoever and whatever skill :).

I don't think it matters how much practice you have someone will still destroy you :D.

I would say it's more about positioning and common sense than aiming ability.

Exactly, you can be the best player in the world, but if someone happens to end up in a position that you aren't looking at at the right time, you are going to get killed :D Yea there are always people on the discord, so just hop in and see who wants a game, we seem to be a friendly bunch :D

Yea' I'm not sure about the match making, I know I did win like 5 games in about 2 days and I've done terribly for about the last 2 weeks haha.

First chicken dinner in weeks last night with 10 kills to boot. When I first played the game I got quite a few probably around 15 in total, then I went through a really bad patch, couldn't get close, was getting completely pwn3d. Making stupid choices I put it down to terrible lag which I still don't believe is good enough for this sort of game. But I really believe it pays to be as aggressive as possible in this game to get the win. People just don't except it.

Most excited i've been about a PUBG patch since the game launched.

Also approaching 300 hours on this, not bad considering i've got a 2 month old and don't play so much since he was born :D

Pretty sure I'm the worst player in PUBG, 45 hrs in and not had a Chicken Dinner yet.
Been a close 2nd twice (with 7 kills once) and very close again last night on Squad last with 4 remaining 2 on each side, my team mate then turned his gun on me presumably because he ran out of something and wanted whatever I had, served him right though because he got gunned down while looting my corpse.

Back
Top Bottom