PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Caporegime
Haha, improving doesn't guarantee a win, just saying. Especially when you can only play an hour here and there.

It's the game type, I mean not winning wears you down and basically desensitizes you from losing. I'd say 1 win in 100 in this game was pretty good actually! Especially at the higher rankings, although they are broken for now. The game becomes a pick up and play.

Like others have said too, give it one year and im betting winning will be near impossible.

I love a little discussion about a game, but scrolling through and skipping most posts due the diary like commentary of every gave each person has had is bizarre! Imagine that for any other game! It's kinda strange.

maybe you should learn from others if your not doing well. so these "commentaries" are beneficial to you and you should be asking for more tbh.

i have always wondered why people watch streamers. well i know why some people watch some streamers but i'm amazed at the number who watch pro tournaments, etc. basically if you don't just watch it for the sake of watching it but as a learning tool you will quickly see they do things differently from what you do. much more efficiently most of the time. i watched the top streamer yesterday for about an hour and i must have picked up at least 4-5 really good tips from him.

i've had a few chicken dinners. been close a few times too and then you have those games where you drop and only find a pistol before an uzi comes for you. rng and luck play a factor but game skill does too. knowing where to drop, where vehicles are, knowing where the best loot is all helps. knowing the map too as then you know the most advantageous routes / spots.

Caporegime
I watched a game with Break, Stodeh and Jackfrags the other day, it was sickening.

i saw a video of jackfrags winning at zombie mod. was really funny but all his team was on point. looks like a great mod but probably only for the really good players. i'm amazed they won against them but when the horde rushed them at the end it was mayhem. the video built up to a great climax.

Soldato
It's a bit disingenuous to say this game is down to purely luck/RNG. it doesn't matter if you get lucky with circles/weapons, if you're not at least semi accurate, you're going to die.

There is a direct correlation between my win rate and hours played, I hardly won over the first 100 hours played, over the next 100 hours I got about 10 wins, my last 105 hours i'm sitting on 20+ wins.

Agree with that, there is an element of luck if you choose to drop somewhere with high traffic, in that it can be a case that it's down to who gets lucky and gets a weapon first, had one game where me and another guy dropped on a roof, i went left he went right, i got a pistol, he got an UMP and he killed me. But if you survive the early game by either getting kills or dropping somewhere quiet then you can go till late in the game, the Solo games i've won have been when i've dropped somewhere relativley out of the way and got adequate but not awesome gear, last solo I won i was rocking a level 2 set and an AK and Scar with nothing more than red dot sights, but I kept good positions used defalade and cover to my advantage, even though there wasn't much of it going around.

If it was all luck then there wouldn't be people who are consistently good.

Soldato
Haha, improving doesn't guarantee a win, just saying. Especially when you can only play an hour here and there. Granted improving doesn't guarantee a win but it certainly helps

It's the game type, I mean not winning wears you down and basically desensitizes you from losing. but it's not the type of game where you can or should expect to win every time - I set myself the goal of reaching the top 10. if I achieve that each game I'm happy. winning is a bonus

I'd say 1 win in 100 in this game was pretty good actually! Especially at the higher rankings, although they are broken for now. The game becomes a pick up and play. couldn't disagree more, winning 1 in 100 is not pretty good and I don't find the game to be a pick up and play type of game. you need to invest time in it to improve etc

Like others have said too, give it one year and im betting winning will be near impossible. again I don't agree, unless of course as you say you're game time is limited then you'll have to just accept your own limitations

I love a little discussion about a game, but scrolling through and skipping most posts due the diary like commentary of every gave each person has had is bizarre! Imagine that for any other game! It's kinda strange. virtually every single gaming thread on here is the same - very little about the game development, more about the peoples own experiences, interspersed with patch note updates and the like. not sure where you're getting the idea this thread is any different to the myriad of others

Soldato
It's a bit disingenuous to say this game is down to purely luck/RNG. it doesn't matter if you get lucky with circles/weapons, if you're not at least semi accurate, you're going to die.

There is a direct correlation between my win rate and hours played, I hardly won over the first 100 hours played, over the next 100 hours I got about 10 wins, my last 105 hours i'm sitting on 20+ wins.
+1

yes there is a huge element of luck involved, spotting that player before he spots you. walking into a house that's actually empty and doesn't have someone sat behind a wall at the top of the stairs waiting to melt you with an smg on auto or a double barrel shotty.

but as you say if you aren't at least semi accurate you are going to suffer badly in the inevitable gun fights you'll face. that's when luck counts for very little and you need to rely on your own actual skillset

Caporegime
+1

yes there is a huge element of luck involved, spotting that player before he spots you. walking into a house that's actually empty and doesn't have someone sat behind a wall at the top of the stairs waiting to melt you with an smg on auto or a double barrel shotty.

but as you say if you aren't at least semi accurate you are going to suffer badly in the inevitable gun fights you'll face. that's when luck counts for very little and you need to rely on your own actual skillset

whilst watching a streamer yesterday in duos. they get to a bit with just 3 buildings and he spots a guy upstairs. as he is moving around the perimeter of the outside of the building he spots a guy downstairs in a room. so he opens the door but can't get an angle on him. he decides to go around. his team mate keeps an eye on the door when the other teams teammate comes down the stairs and takes the streamers partner down. the streamer then managed to get a line on him and opens fire, as he's doing that the second one runs across the fire and he manages to take out both after spraying and following the runner. he then picks his teammate up and they are so jacked up at beating them. they loot their bodies and his teammate goes upstairs and boom gets taken out by a shotgun. there is another 2 guys up the stairs. one covering from a room and a shotgunner behind a wall. he tries to flash them but shotgunner puts him down game over.

2 duos had teamed up to form a squad. i take it is possible if they are using discord and try and connect to the same server at the same time. disconnect if both don't matchmake at the same time then try again. then you use discord to call out where to drop together. however will be hard to differentiate friend from foe when things get heated.

Soldato
I've noticed more and more teaming lately, multiple squads and duo's, not much you can do about it, even with video evidence it's difficult to prove without a doubt that it's teaming and not coincidence.

Soldato
If winning is down to RNG then i have the worst luck ever.
Of course luck plays a part;
Final circle has you in a field and him in a building? UNLUCKY.
You land and grab a crowbar and he gets an AR? UNLUCKY.
You drop and have a 2.8km walk to the circle with no vehicles at all. UNLUCKY.
My biggest issue, you have to kill a guy in the top 5 and everyone else now knows where you are, UNLUCKY.

However almost all of those "unlucky" things can be overcome or avoided in someway, not every time but you can play against your luck and do well.

My last 2nd, i got no loot at the start, had to run half of the map then killed some guy healing up just in the blue with a pistol while i was on 10% health with no meds. Ninja his loot then killed a guy camping a door by pure luck with a double barrel to the face panic shot, and loaded up on his loot as well.
Killed the 3rd place bloke in final circle and while i was hiding in a bush like a true warrior and was trading fire with the guy who won, now i could say it was bad luck i lost, if i hadn't had to fight the 3rd place guy and had jumped into the fight later i could have won. BUT i could have also won if i had shot the guy who did win in the face first shot rather than peppering him with AR shots from my bush.

Every MP game has some luck in it, this game has loot so it has some more and some more from the circles but it is no more all about luck than any other shooter.

Soldato
I've noticed more and more teaming lately, multiple squads and duo's, not much you can do about it, even with video evidence it's difficult to prove without a doubt that it's teaming and not coincidence.

Had a very obvious one in Solo yesterday as well. was snipping a care package and noticed 2 people coming up to it, so i think OK let them fight and kill the one left over while hes looting. 3rd guy turns up the both shoot him and are standing together on his body looting it, then head over to the package. Shot one of them in the face while he was stationary and was trading fire on the other when i got shot in the back.

Not sure how they can stop it,

Soldato
not much you can do if folks wanna team. other than take great satisfaction if you manage to smash them!

And report them and get them banned theoretically.

Luck plays a huge part in the game of course but if you cant aim and shoot for toffee, or have a tendency to fall for the 'medikit on the floor' gag (both of which ive had in the past week) all the luck in the world wont help.

Soldato
There's a lot of luck but a lot of skill, watch Iamchappie and the amount of sniper kills he gets. A big difference vs a game like Battlefield is you just die and leave instead of gaining info on the targets and how to strike better.

Associate
A big difference vs a game like Battlefield is you just die and leave instead of gaining info on the targets and how to strike better.

I think the devs are planning on putting a killcam in the solo game (or an observer mode to replay previous game from other players perspectives).

Can't decide whether this will help a toffee shot like me improve or just add to the frustration!

Caporegime
people who are winning with decent kills are obviously good at the game and not just bush ratting a game to win with 1 kill.

there is a amount of luck as far as trhe last circles and position but if you decent and attacking you will do well if you can aim of course :p

thing with this game you can get to top ten every game if you just camp proceed on edge of waves doing nothing.

Soldato
I go to a 3rd without a kill even, that was my first game as well, played a lot of arma 3 battle royale thou, camping/hiding is all part of this game thou, 3rd person just makes it so dam easy thou.

Back
Top Bottom