PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
Anyone got this game running nice in 4k ? Tried it last night and it ran terrible ! even with the settings at Medium I could only get 40 FPS max on 1080ti ! I get well over 60 FPS ultra on BF1 - GTA5 & Witcher 3 NP ! Badly optimised ? Lets be honest its not like PUBG is really nice to look at , its nice but nothing special.

Max settings with 1080Ti and 4k. No problems here. No idea what driver version I have though, I don't keep it on the bleeding edge of up-to-dateness.

Associate
Got my 2nd Due win last night with my brother in his 3rd game ever LMAO ! don't know how we managed that be he did die early on and I got 7 kills to win us the game with a suppressed AKM :) felt pretty dam good. I did win tho with not firing a SHOT ! a team of 2 got Stuck in a house and died when the white circled moved on me hahaha.

Associate
Thanks for the advice about Virgin Media. Moving soon so was about to start looking at ISPs again.

Interesting to know that we receive all positional data from the server. There must eventually be a limit then between how much data can flow without issue. Someone said this game in VR would be super cool, and while technically true, there must be way more positional data generated for a tracked body rather than a standard avatar.

Soldato
Thanks for the advice about Virgin Media. Moving soon so was about to start looking at ISPs again.

Interesting to know that we receive all positional data from the server. There must eventually be a limit then between how much data can flow without issue. Someone said this game in VR would be super cool, and while technically true, there must be way more positional data generated for a tracked body rather than a standard avatar.

It just wouldn't work in VR at all, the amount of movement would make you motion sick after a couple of minutes, and there would have to be VR only servers which would never get filled

Associate
It just wouldn't work in VR at all, the amount of movement would make you motion sick after a couple of minutes, and there would have to be VR only servers which would never get filled

People who play Ownward would probably disagree with you ;)

I can handle artificial locomation quite well personally.

Things like having to go prone all the time would be quite uncomfortable on my knees though!

Soldato
People who play Ownward would probably disagree with you ;)

I can handle artificial locomation quite well personally.

Things like having to go prone all the time would be quite uncomfortable on my knees though!

Well I tried onward but it didnt work with touch properly so refunded, however thumbstick movement did work and made me feel ill within 10 secs. Tbh for me either teleport mode (useless for any FPS) or armswinger mode works best as you get the sensation of movement.

I definitely couldn't enjoy it for 30-45 mins per game with the amount of distance travelled in PUBG though

Caporegime
Fair enough if your paired with randoms and team killing happens. But if your in a squad of players who grouped up to play together they shouldn't ban.

I accidentally killed a team mate once when he came running into my house without saying anything over comms.

Associate
Soldato
Fair enough if your paired with randoms and team killing happens. But if your in a squad of players who grouped up to play together they shouldn't ban.

I accidentally killed a team mate once when he came running into my house without saying anything over comms.
but your teammates aren't likely to report you and supply evidence so highly unlikely you'd get banned and I can't imagine a 3rd party watching from a distance would be recording it and reporting.

this is just a pr exercise. unless of course someone within the group reported it.

Last edited:
Soldato

I think we're a long way off the limit of what can be sent. The game currently (well last patch) for a full solo game was 12mb down and 3.5mb up. Nowhere near enough to saturate the average broadband. I think the limit currently would be based on a split between the worst average broadband speed in countries they're targeting and how cheap they can make the servers. Servers are probably their biggest cost so lower power servers sending less data would be ideal for them.

As for VR don't they just track head and hand placement? Since it'd be first person head doesn't matter as it would be represented by the current avatar and I don't imagine hands adding a huge amount potentially they also would be represented by current avatar.

Back
Top Bottom