PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
Nope whoever is on discord. Never solo queue for squad games.

To be fair I have a habit of taking you into populated areas and not being around when you need help sorry :(.

If it makes you feel any better you do come out of these bad streaks. My last one lasted 4 days I couldn't hit anything :(.

Soldato
I'm glad I'm not the only one, got well excited seeing some people the other day doing 140 on a bike only for me to F... -.-
in a buggy, full speed. see a guy camping behind a large rock peeking some other player. oblivious to me. in my head I plan to handbrake to a stop jump out and mow him down. in reality I handbrake and press F at pretty much the same time and more or less launch my instantly dead body into the rock he's crouching behind.
I imagine his surprise was high!

Soldato
ahhh so this your 'thing'.......talking innocent people into dangerous situations!?!? :p

Best way to get better. Do you think my godly 1.1kd came from hiding :D.

in a buggy, full speed. see a guy camping behind a large rock peeking some other player. oblivious to me. in my head I plan to handbrake to a stop jump out and mow him down. in reality I handbrake and press F at pretty much the same time and more or less launch my instantly dead body into the rock he's crouching behind.
I imagine his surprise was high!

You were just donating to their cause. Wasn't an accident :D.

I still haven't worked out if the side you jump out is random.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1438189263188767278
Players,

In case you missed it last week, due to complications with a client crash bug last week, we need to push the monthly update to the 3rd of August. We will, however, have a small patch this week, which will mainly address bugs you have reported. We are also working on resolving the issues seen on the servers over the past week and we ask for your patience as we get them fixed.

Early Access – Week 18 - Patch Notes
  • Fixed a bug where characters got stuck in doors after partially destroying them
  • Fixed a bug causing the door Interaction UI to appear even after doors were completely destroyed
  • You can now use consumables while browsing the inventory during a reload
  • Fixed a bug where characters could not pick up items while running despite seeing the looting animation
  • Fixed a bug where characters would shake in spectator mode while running
On August 3rd, we will be adding the following to the game in our monthly update.
  • 1st Person server options are coming to NA and EU SOLO & DUO game-modes
  • FOV Slider for the 1st person view will be added to the game
  • A new rifle will be added to the game
Today I also want to talk about character customization, our plans for Gamescom this year.

We’re aware that many of you want new in-game skins to further customize your character. While we won’t be rolling out the full system until we move out of early access, we would like to provide more content as well as test the basic crate & key system we want to implement in the final version of the game.

On August 3rd, we will be launching three new crates. All three crates will contain items inspired by the Battle Royale movie, some of which you may have seen in our older artworks. The first and second crates, named the Wanderer Crate and the Survivor Crate, will be free to open. Each of these crates will include one set of the themed clothing, on top of other cosmetic items. The third crate named the Gamescom Invitational Crate will have the most diverse pool of themed clothing.

At Gamescom this year we will be holding our first offline Invitational. We will be inviting a group of the best BATTLEGROUNDS content creators, and run events each day for the duration of the convention. We will also be holding daily qualifiers so attendees at Gamescom will get a chance to compete in the GAMESCOM PUBG INVITATIONAL!

We have implemented a very basic key and crate system for this test. You can use your Battle Points (BP) to buy the crate on the REWARDS page. While the Wanderer Crate and the Survivor Crate will be free to open, the Gamescom Invitational Crate can be opened with a key which you can buy for $2.50 each.

Proceeds from the sale of the keys to open the Gamescom Invitational Crate will be used:
  • To provide funds needed to organize the event
  • To provide a prize pool for the invitational winners
  • To support a selection of charities

Once Gamescom is complete, on August 27th, the Gamescom Invitational Crate will be no longer available and removed from the game. We will then return to the free-to-open system. The Gamescom Invitational Crate, Wanderer Crate and Survivor Crate will be tradeable on the Steam Community Market going forward. Keys for a Gamescom Invitational Crate purchased on the Steam Community Market will still be available to purchase in-game.

The GAMESCOM PUBG INVITATIONAL will be livestreamed on official PUBG channels. Stay tuned on Facebook and Twitter for more details over the coming weeks!

Before I go today, here’s a look at movie inspired cosmetic items coming in these 3 new crates:

04b3819ce762c46f104194974bc1d4a6f157b504.jpg

254146358af153e922902a39f901f1ddfebdafee.jpg

47d7b836316ee7cd2f6a633d72078d9534bc41e5.jpg

3e97218c0422146708655990d0522addbabdf20b.jpg

43c707077b5841fd9bd3793d174ecb328e1bf744.jpg

d63b8df12204a3d15f6a6166930a901224f33599.jpg

3dc562c783b90064557aad993883bd88ca030322.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Best way to get better. Do you think my godly 1.1kd came from hiding :D.
LOLOL

You were just donating to their cause. Wasn't an accident :D.

I still haven't worked out if the side you jump out is random.
pretty sure you just come out the drivers side irrespective of the direction of the handbrake turn or the vehicle direction

Soldato
It's not random - you can determine where you get out (if there are free seats)

In the buggy/bike when it's single file seating I'm unsure how it determines which side you get out. Doesn't appear to be where you're looking unless I'm just being a prat and haven't twigged it's always one side it seems random.

Soldato
In the buggy/bike when it's single file seating I'm unsure how it determines which side you get out. Doesn't appear to be where you're looking unless I'm just being a prat and haven't twigged it's always one side it seems random.
Ah, with that one I'm not sure then. What happens if you hold down a direction key whilst exiting?

Soldato
Three solo wins today, thats the end of this drought. One thing ive realised, luck does play a big part, but if you make the right choices you need a little less luck. Hope that patch sorts the servers, its been really hit an miss today.

Back
Top Bottom