PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
I just don't expect it to last as an E-sport, it has the player base yes, but if you look at the big e-sports games (CS, LOL, DOTA, overwatch) they are all skill based games with no RNG elements, PUBG by it's very nature is massively RNG dependant, your squad lands somewhere with bad loot, you will get rekt by people of equivalent skill who just had the blind luck of better loot, you end up by pure luck in a better position due to a circle move again you will batter a team of equivalent ability.
see for me, the random element of it is what would interest me more. seeing how 'pro' players deal with poo loot/circle shrink would be more interesting than someone doing a 360 no scoped, wall bang, jumping head shot with an awp! :p

what you'll find though is that if they can throw enough money into the prize pots and advertising it'll get where it needs to be e-sport wise.

Associate
Replayability and enjoyment comes from having to consistently outthink other human opponents to win and in a variety of situations due to the RNG and placement on the map. So for me this isn't getting old yet, not by a long shot.

Soldato
LOL. For me, the game needs something new now, i'm getting bored playing beyond the first couple of minutes.

Hours played?

I'm on ~340 hours and I had a bit of a point around 250 hours'ish where I just felt bored of it.

Took a break for a week from all gaming and now I can't get enough of it again.

Caporegime
I definitely feel there needs to be a bit more variation after playing it quite a bit in the evenings this week. I enjoy it, but a new map or two would be sweet. More weapons too possibly? It just seems very rinse and repeat to me at the moment, land, scavenge for anything, aim for an M16 / ump / Kar combo and away I go. I know custom servers are around, but something more officially supported would be nice.

Smaller start zone with different weapon sets for example. More scarce "high end" weapons. Just different scenarios to spice it up a little.

i think all weapon drops should be random tbh.

stick high level loot in certain areas causes hotspots and tons of people dropping on that area. makes it very hard and a lot of luck as to whether or not you get to a decent weapon before they do and your dead before you know it.

i suppose this adds to the thrill for some people who are playing for fun rather than to win.

i also think the plane drops are too OP. i mean getting a ghilli suit and the best sniper in the game plus a 8 times scope all in 1 go is stupid IMO.

Soldato
You don't always get that though.... risk vs reward - i've picked off over 10 people going for some crates, i've been picked off going for some - often when I do manage to get in, I find it's a VSS or a Tommy Gun.

Soldato
Getting non stop connecting issues today with PUBG - 'matching cancelled' (done automatically, not me clicking it inadvertently), 'matching unavailable' or whatever that one's called, then 'Reconnect' or 'Reconnect (Secure)'. This is after having two updates...

Soldato
If you haven't already get yourself onto the OcUK discord channel and get duo/squaded up. Best way to learn (bad habits!)

Pro tip. Wherever @Mynight suggests jumping to, go in the opposite direction :p

How else are you going to get a God like KD unless you follow my choice of landing :D.

I'm turning apartments into a religion I have converted most of discord and the rest will soon submit... erm I mean join.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/890783008319348736

Today we are excited to reveal the new rifle being added to @PUBATTLEGROUNDS in our monthly update next week... the 7.62mm Mk14 EBR!

Edit, Beaten! lol.

Edit 2: Crate only.

HobY84U.png[img]

Associate
So about 45 hours into this and loving it still but I am getting some major FPS drops on the regular and when engaging in a fire fight. Tweaking settings doesn't seem to help or offer all that much extra FPS. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Play a combination of solo and duo but would like some squad games. What's the best thing to do, just jump on discord or is there a Steam topic with users and games played?

Cheers.

Soldato
So about 45 hours into this and loving it still but I am getting some major FPS drops on the regular and when engaging in a fire fight. Tweaking settings doesn't seem to help or offer all that much extra FPS. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Play a combination of solo and duo but would like some squad games. What's the best thing to do, just jump on discord or is there a Steam topic with users and games played?

Cheers.
The game is suffering a bit from lag etc but has improved dramatically from what it was a few weeks ago but more optimisation is on the way at some point along with server improvements.

Just jump into the OcUK discord, there's a dedicated pubg channel and usually plenty of folks on there. Link is a page or 2 back if you need it.

Associate
The game is suffering a bit from lag etc but has improved dramatically from what it was a few weeks ago but more optimisation is on the way at some point along with server improvements.

Just jump into the OcUK discord, there's a dedicated pubg channel and usually plenty of folks on there. Link is a page or 2 back if you need it.

Thank you, I'll take a look :)

Back
Top Bottom