Playstation 4 being announced February 20th?

Soldato
Thats for a PC though. I imagine allowing Hybrid crossfire on a console, with a static system to develop for could be pretty good.

The only way I can see dual graphics going down is APU iGPU used for dashboard/media in low power state with a dGPU for gaming + Open CL for various compute on the iGPU

AFR sucks really hard unless you have identical hardware (APUs are let down by slow/narrow memory interface)

Interesting to see what the come up with in any case though

Soldato
The only way I can see dual graphics going down is APU iGPU used for dashboard/media in low power state with a dGPU for gaming + Open CL for various compute on the iGPU

AFR sucks really hard unless you have identical hardware (APUs are let down by slow/narrow memory interface)

Interesting to see what the come up with in any case though

Maybe they could just off load some stuff on to the iGPU

Soldato
Me thinks this is why GTAV has been pushed back. Going to release on new console/s.

this would be great so the game can be that much better.

the only reason why i wouldnt want this to be the case is that it would mean i would have to go and buy the new console as soon as possible. and i do like to sort of wait a bit after being let down in the past.

though. part of me would wander. if they did release for the new consoles. do you think they would also release for current gen.

Soldato
this would be great so the game can be that much better.

the only reason why i wouldnt want this to be the case is that it would mean i would have to go and buy the new console as soon as possible. and i do like to sort of wait a bit after being let down in the past.

though. part of me would wander. if they did release for the new consoles. do you think they would also release for current gen.

Most definitely, they are not going to chuck away a 70m + install base just so sony can have a AAA launch title, 100% will be on PS3/

Soldato
Well GTA 5 is a console seller for PS3/360, so i find it hard to believe that they would release a new console a few months after GTA 5 is released. But hey ho, i could be wrong!

Don
Let's not turn this into an xbox v Sony thread

Excited if true, I'm an xbox owner and I can't wait to see what Sony have come up with; It'll be an exciting few months, that's for sure.

Soldato
The only way GTA5 would be a next gen launch title would be if MS or Sony threw some serious cash their way to compensate for the loss in sales.

What about PS3/360 with a slightly superior PS4 version (higher fps, resolution or whatever)

This way they still get their massive install base :)

Soldato
this was also attached to the edge article

We have confirmed with sources that recently leaked tech specs are accurate. Though Durango devkits offer 8GB of DDR3 RAM, compared to Orbis’s 4GB, Sony’s GDDR5 solution is capable of moving data at 176 gigabytes per second, which should eliminate the sort of bottlenecks that hampered PS3 game performance. Importantly, we’ve learned that Sony has told developers that it is pushing for the final PS4 RAM to match up to Microsoft’s 8GB

the plot thickens

Soldato
OP
Considering 4GB of GDDR5 cost about $86 in 2011 unless the pricing has gone down a lot it's either false or it's not using GDDR5.

Sony aren't going to add almost $90 to the cost of their console at the last minute.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Considering 4GB of GDDR5 cost about $86 in 2011 unless the pricing has gone down a lot it's either false or it's not using GDDR5.

Sony aren't going to add almost $90 to the cost of their console at the last minute.

they wouldnt be they would be adding half of that cost if that, dont forget they buy in bulk and also they wouldnt be paying for ddr3.

Soldato
I think people are misreading that RAM comment. It seems like it means it will match up to the xbox ram in performance not size. There won't be 8GB GDDR5 in the PS4.

Back
Top Bottom