Playstation Plus

can i buy UK PS+ on 1 user/account, while having US PS+ already bought on 2 user/account?

i think i can, because i used 30 day free UK PS+ code on 1 user and it worked :P

US PS+ sux in august.

PS+ is the best purchase I've made in years.

+1

I didn't really see the point in PS+ when it was just PS1 games and minis etc. When they put Infamous 2 on there which was still about £25 at the time, I got PS+. So many good games since then. They really have impressed me most months since then. I actually think there are quite a few PS+ haters around just because they didn't join it when it started getting good and they would miss out on so many games if they joined now.

I know it sounds like a advert but It really has changed the way that I buy games. I used to always be on the lookout for anything sub £12ish that I had half an interest in. Now, I don't bother. Ok, big games I still do but with Uncharted 3 being on + and now AC3 (which I don't really like but still bought) games that I would pay close to RRP for and very limited.

If many people change their purchasing behaviour like you have then I see PS plus changing to encourage more purchases, I.e. more PS plus edition cut down games.

If many people change their purchasing behaviour like you have then I see PS plus changing to encourage more purchases, I.e. more PS plus edition cut down games.

I would say its had a different effect on me, I wasnt really using my ps3 at all, after getting plus I ended up looking at the store more often and spent probably, £150 in the last year on there which I would never have before.

Certainly true for the first year or two with the PS4, I imagine, because there won't be much they can really provide. Plus with online gaming falling under the umbrella of PS+, I don't think we'll see quite the same volume of games as we do on the PS3 anyway. Something has to give.

Still, I think PS+ has achieved a lot for Sony, it's a great service and it has, along with their excellent exclusives this year, kept the PS3 very relevant. I've barely used my Xbox this year simply because of a lack of games and MS choosing to focus more on the One whilst seemingly ignoring the 360; their "Games with Gold" was a huge disappointment too. There's a few XBLA games I still want to get but I doubt I'll buy another full game for it now.

Since I've been using PS+ it has been enough to satisfy my gaming needs - though I don't play that much, perhaps lately 10-20 hours per week - the only game I've paid full price for in that time (4-6 months) has been TLoU.

But that might be because I'm quite selective in what I buy. It could also be that there haven't been many must buy titles released in that period.

There was talk earlier in the year of a Premium PS+ service which would include access to Gaikai. That might be something that's coming but of course we'd have to pay more for it.

It will be different on what they can offer on the PS4 compared to now as TheVoice has already pointed out.

Anyone playing the Killzone beta? I am downloading atm.

I managed to play one match fully on the day the beta opened (after about an hour's wait that is), but I've not been able to reconnect since. I get something about having to sign in first, but then the server rejects my authentication or whatever. Really enjoyed what I played though, definitely feels like a polished console shooter (and looks like it too).

Back
Top Bottom