***** PlayStation Vita Official Thread *****

Soldato
OP
Excellent news on Hustle kings and Top darts also being buy once get both and free for current owners. Hopefully that also means they will be doing similar with other games going forward.

Plus wipeout 2048 getting HD and Fury tracks as dlc is brilliant.

For the VIP case I also ordered a little earbud pouch to keep carts in inside the case.

Last edited:
Soldato
Noticed that DBT as had confirmation that his 32GB card as shipped from planetaxel so I just checked on the progress of mine and it says

"Not released yet. Usually ships a few days before official releasedate (date/month): 15/2, or will be shipped immediately if stock is on hand."

Damn was hoping I would get this at the same time as the Vita, They have taken payment though :(

Soldato
OP
Noticed that DBT as had confirmation that his 32GB card as shipped from planetaxel so I just checked on the progress of mine and it says

"Not released yet. Usually ships a few days before official releasedate (date/month): 15/2, or will be shipped immediately if stock is on hand."

Damn was hoping I would get this at the same time as the Vita, They have taken payment though :(

It's possible that they sold out of their initial allotment. I know they are quite difficult to find in some US shops. Hopefully they'll sort it soon :(.

When did you order? I ordered mine on the 6th of February.
Can you post a link/info on that pouch? Sounds handy.

Just one of these little things. It's big enough to hold a bunch of carts and it'll stop them sliding around.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leather-E...CasesSkins&hash=item43ad04d3a4#ht_1767wt_1139

Last edited:
Soldato
It's possible that they sold out of their initial allotment. I know they are quite difficult to find in some US shops. Hopefully they'll sort it soon :(.

When did you order? I ordered mine on the 6th of February.

Only ordered it on the 13th, Yeah chances are they ran out of stock, I did order late just miffed they've already taken payment :(

Looks like I'll have to open the 8GB one, really wanted to sell it sealed!

Soldato
OP
If my memory cards late I have no doubt Gamestation will try and bundle a 4gb with mine. That should tied me over I guess.

I still find it interesting that with now less than a week to launch Game and Gamestation have no announced any in store bundles at all. I'm wondering if they will even have any at all. They probably know a lot of people aren't going to turn away on the day because they'll want it.

Soldato
I still find it interesting that with now less than a week to launch Game and Gamestation have no announced any in store bundles at all. I'm wondering if they will even have any at all. They probably know a lot of people aren't going to turn away on the day because they'll want it.

I spoke to a staff member in Game earlier today. He said they were still deciding between a few different bundles, but didn't get any indication what they would be other than game+console and game+mem card+console. Whatever it turns out to be, he said they wouldnt be available until release.

He also said that I wouldn't get hold of a Vita unless I preordered, which prompted me to explain why I wouldn't pre order from a place unless they had some kind of bundles displayed and that they were losing sales by leaving it until the last minute. He disagreed....but I had to leave to catch a train, otherwise I would probably still be there now :p

Associate
I find Game decision not to tell any one about there in store bundles to be a lot of rubbish. I fed up with them and will be popping to a store tomorrow to tell them they can stick the pre order deposit up there ****. What I will do now who knows.

Soldato
They wonder why Game are going down the tubes, they probably don't want to tell you as they'll be guff offers compared to what Amazon, Play etc have already got out and they want to string people along hoping they don't cancel.

Their other favourite practice of lieing to the consumer with rubbish like the above saying you won't be able to get one unless you pre order, absolute twaddle to scare you into putting money down with them on one!!

Soldato
OP
They wonder why Game are going down the tubes, they probably don't want to tell you as they'll be guff offers compared to what Amazon, Play etc have already got out and they want to string people along hoping they don't cancel.

Their other favourite practice of lieing to the consumer with rubbish like the above saying you won't be able to get one unless you pre order, absolute twaddle to scare you into putting money down with them on one!!

No that last bit is actually true. They are only getting enough stock to cover pre orders as far as I remember. Game/Gamestation are not in a good place with creditors at the moment.

They just can't compete with the supermarkets and the likes of Amazon and Play.

Soldato

gamestation rang me up asking if i wanted to preorder any games and accessories etc as they will only have stock of what people have preordered (********) and then said it may be worth while as they will be making bundles in time for release lol .

so i just said how do i know what to order if i dont know what the bundles will contain etc. not good! im just going to get the console and 16gb from them as i want to trade in my psp etc at 25% extra trade in value, but no bundles at this stage is a bit ridiculous!

Soldato
OP
gamestation rang me up asking if i wanted to preorder any games and accessories etc as they will only have stock of what people have preordered (********) and then said it may be worth while as they will be making bundles in time for release lol .

so i just said how do i know what to order if i dont know what the bundles will contain etc. not good! im just going to get the console and 16gb from them as i want to trade in my psp etc at 25% extra trade in value, but no bundles at this stage is a bit ridiculous!

As I said, Game and Gamestation are in a terrible position financially and can get no credit. As a result they are having to pay cash up front for anything they are selling. I heard stories of them only getting 2 additional copies of the latest Assassins creed game per store over pre orders.

It really wouldn't surprise me if they only have the stuff people pre order available at launch. They can get no credit.

Soldato
As I said, Game and Gamestation are in a terrible position financially and can get no credit. As a result they are having to pay cash up front for anything they are selling. I heard stories of them only getting 2 additional copies of the latest Assassins creed game per store over pre orders.

It really wouldn't surprise me if they only have the stuff people pre order available at launch. They can get no credit.

sorry mate only just saw ur above post after writing this :D

yea its a shame, if i had enough cash id just order online but need to trade in some bits really, ahh well ill get a game on psn when i get it home

Soldato
OP
sorry mate only just saw ur above post after writing this :D

yea its a shame, if i had enough cash id just order online but need to trade in some bits really, ahh well ill get a game on psn when i get it home

Why not use your trade ins for some games and get the hardware online?

It's just incredible that on launch day Amazon/Play etc are doing the hardware for £20 off the RRP AND including a memory card that they are selling for £30.

The one bonus of getting from Game/Gamestation is of course htat you can walk in and pick it up first thing in the morning while I'll be sitting by the front door gibbering waiting for the guy to arrive lol.

Soldato
Why not use your trade ins for some games and get the hardware online?

It's just incredible that on launch day Amazon/Play etc are doing the hardware for £20 off the RRP AND including a memory card that they are selling for £30.

The one bonus of getting from Game/Gamestation is of course htat you can walk in and pick it up first thing in the morning while I'll be sitting by the front door gibbering waiting for the guy to arrive lol.

i get paid on release day so cant really pay now to order online lol damn being an apprentice! ****** wage but finish this year :D good idea tho thanks anyway :)

Soldato
OP
i get paid on release day so cant really pay now to order online lol damn being an apprentice! ****** wage but finish this year :D good idea tho thanks anyway :)

Ahh. Shame it wasn't a few days earier as Amazon and Play don;t charge your card until they dispatch :(

Toys R Us are still doing the WiFi for £210 and the 3G for £260 online. Someone said they'd pre ordered in store at the same price.

Back
Top Bottom