***** PlayStation Vita Official Thread *****

The play deals are looking tempting to me at the moment, but as someone posted above i do like just walking into a store and getting it right away instead of waiting in all day. Morrisons is still winning for me ;) roll on the 22nd!

not bad! ill look into it thanks :) do u know if the gamestations 25% extra trade in value works for anything? like old ps3 games etc?
No idea sorry.

The play deals are looking tempting to me at the moment, but as someone posted above i do like just walking into a store and getting it right away instead of waiting in all day. Morrisons is still winning for me ;) roll on the 22nd!

The Morrisons deal is great and the fact that you can pick up in sore is a great bonus.

I'm just really hoping that Amazon ship out on Monday so that I get it on Tuesday!

The proper launch trailer for Wipeut is up too

http://youtu.be/8J2GlT7tJ0A?hd=1

Last edited:
Not really a replacement for a galaxy tab unless all you do is game on it.

Finished my preorder now
wifi vita
ridge racer
rayman
uncharted
16gb card
clean and protect pouch

robj20, how much did you pay for all of that?

I've just read that if you want multiple accounts on the vita, each user needs their own memory card. I can sense some infighting in the house when this arrives!

robj20, how much did you pay for all of that?

I've just read that if you want multiple accounts on the vita, each user needs their own memory card. I can sense some infighting in the house when this arrives!

This is not true.

To switch user accounts you have to do a factory reset in the settings. When you do that it asks you if you want to format the memory card. You select no.

Each user account will only be able to see the content on the card that is assigned to that user account. There is no digital game sharing now since it got abused to hell on the PS3 and PSP.

I've asked on another forum that is choc full of owners already so I'll get back to you when I get out of bed in a few hours.

Last edited:
A factory reset each time you want to switch users?

My mind.

It's no different to any other portable game device really as far as I can remember including smartphones etc.

Multiple users would be nice but it's almost certainly a concious decision on their part. They want you to have a Vita each.

EDIT: and we have an answer already which confirmed as I thought

1. You can have items from multiple accounts on the same memory card (even if these accounts are from different regions)
2. You can only play purchased content when signed in with the account you purchased it with.
3. To switch accounts, you must restore the Vita to factory settings and go through the initial setup process again.
4. You can play most demos (i.e. Gravity Daze/Rush) from any account, not just the one you downloaded it with.
5. There is no game sharing between accounts, as purchased psn content is locked to the account it was purchased from and only one PSN account can be active on a Vita at a time.

Last edited:
It's no different to any other portable game device really as far as I can remember including smartphones etc.

Multiple users would be nice but it's almost certainly a concious decision on their part. They want you to have a Vita each.

So are save files tied to an account instead of within the games like most ds games?

So are save files tied to an account instead of within the games like most ds games?

I do believe so yes. Some are saved to the cart while some save to the memory card. But I think all are linked to the account that created them.

Getting confirmation.

EDIT: It seems that at least some saves are viewable across user accounts. I have no idea if they were playable (you have to assume yes otherwise they wouldn't even show up surely). One person's Uncharted save was visible in his Japanese account even though the Uncharted save was made on a US account.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, seems like a bit of hassle if you had more than 1 person fighting over the machine. :p

I usually let people make a game on mine if they're so inclined and there is a free slot. Wouldn't bother doing that for them though. :o

It takes a couple of minutes apparently to switch accounts because of the way you have to do it so yeah I can imagine it will be for anyone who needs their own account.

Thinking about it though, if you forget trophies, what is there to have your own account for if you can have multiple saves? I would have thought anyone THAT anal about trophies would have their own unit anyway so they can play all the time.

On a different note, people are reporting that Near is working quite well. Near shows you who is within a certain radius (upto 7km I think) of you, what they are playing, what they were playing, what trophies etc they got. You can add them from there, set up multiplayer games etc.

Could see people finding new friends in the area that have a similar interest which would be cool.

The day before launch I'll update the OP and post in the thread a list of "things to do when you remove it from the box" and "handy stuff to know about your new vita" for people. EG, by default the system goes to sleep after 1 minute of inactivity. This gets annoying! If the system goes to sleep itself downloads continue, if you put it to sleep downloads stop (currently), when you first turn it on it asks if you want to log in to your account, you can't since it needs a firmware upgrade. You need to log in with a guest account to get to the bit to apply the FW. Should hopefully cut down on the "wha?????" questions! Though by the look of it only 20 of us are getting one :P

EDIT: It seems that at least some saves are viewable across user accounts. I have no idea if they were playable (you have to assume yes otherwise they wouldn't even show up surely). One person's Uncharted save was visible in his Japanese account even though the Uncharted save was made on a US account.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom