***** PlayStation Vita Official Thread *****

Associate
That looks very nice!

I've got bored of the games on my phone so I have been dithering about getting a VITA for a few months...even subbed to PS+ just in case.

I saw this on Hot UK Deals - ASDA Direct seem to have found some of the old OLED Model at the back of their warehouse.

It says the boxes are damaged but the consoles are in 'manufacturer condition' and it is £120 for the old console, ten games and an 8GB card.

I also picked up Disgaea 4 and Castlestorm from the PSN Store.

And got a new phone + Hudl2 with Tesco!

Then got a phone call from my bank as I'd triggered some security alert with all this wild spending...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Unless you're a massive Uncharted fan you're not missing much. I've never played the first game, I really enjoyed 2 & 3 though, Golden Abyss was just a disappointment to me.

Soldato
I've probably said it before in here, but I really do need to get a Vita at some point even if it's just to play Uncharted.

Golden Abyss encouraged me to go on and play the first game, I still need to play the other two. I'd say it's a brilliant game. Looks fantastic on the vita and is well worth playing :).

Associate
My mate at work has a slim so i will be able to compare them side-by-side.

I like the look of the better screen but the improvements to the slim seem well judged so I won't be hugely disappointed either way.

Edit: Rats...just got an email from ASDA to say the console is no longer available and they will be refunding me :(

Combo-edit: Thanks to a link at hot deals uk I seem to have snagged an OLED model with the 16GB Sports pack for £130! Email says the order is being processed. .fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Associate
I bought a vita last month and have just finished Persona 4, aside from the stupid ending I really enjoyed it. Is there anything else out there that's similar and good?

Associate
I bought a vita last month and have just finished Persona 4, aside from the stupid ending I really enjoyed it. Is there anything else out there that's similar and good?

Curious what ending you got (put in spoilers obviously :)), as there's more than one ending ;)

Honestly I don't think there's anything similar to persona exactly on the vita, but if you liked the long dialogue and story side of it then definitely check out Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward and Danganronpa 1 and 2. They're pretty much visual novels (there's no RPG elements or battles etc), they focus heavily on story and have a lot of puzzle elements. If you ever played the Phoenix Wright games then that's the closest I can explain in terms of gameplay to Danganronpa. Both games are amazing though in my opinion and I should note that be careful when googling these games, they are very spoiler heavy and even related youtube videos can spoiler them.

I would suggest buying the PSP version of Persona 3, but they removed the walking about part outside of dungeons and it's purely point and click. The PS2 version still has the walking stuff (and is on PSN) but is only for PS3 unfortunately. In my opinion that kinda dilutes it a bit, but if you don't think that will bother you then it's something else to check out.

Associate
I had the true ending. I just thought the MC going back home was a little odd. The relationship with the love interests seemed weird at the end as well - especially with Marie who declares her love for the MC on TV but hasn't seen him for months and could very well have left with him. Minor gripes really.

Soldato
I got the bad ending when I played it the first time. Was really annoyed as I absolutely loved the game, and didn't have any kind of idea it was going to happen(or a save near it).

I started the game again. but never got that far in to it. Must play it again some time!

Back
Top Bottom