• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

please just stop it, stop buying

Permabanned
Well said. just enjoy your new item man.
Not Said Im buying one I could got few K to blow up waiting for black friday and I think Ill grab some nice 144hz monitor or a 4k tv to hook up to my pc. OR BOTH :D
My Pascal titan does the job for everything I'm on 7nm wait club haha.

Point is... If someone Works for money they can spend it in a way they think it will make them happy. Its not like pocket change weekly allowance from parents and u are 13 year old.

It's like me saying @Reality|Bites please stop spending money on holidays !!! please Dont buy alcohol its bad for You.

Caporegime
You come on a PC enthusianist forum and preach about people purchasing high end tech?

Take it to moneysavingexpert.com. :D
Enthusiast =/= someone who buys top-end.

You've been had by clever marketing.

Calling their top-end products "enthusiast grade" gives the impression that enthusiasts are buying them.

It's not the case. People with the most disposable are buying them. And in some cases, barely using them. But they simply enjoy having them and having the best.

Does that make these people enthusiasts or collectors? Obvs not everyone does that but I'm making a point here.

Soldato
Hahahahah. Oxymoron post as always. "AMD's fault".
If GTX1080 was considered high end, then AMD hasn't abandoned the "high end band".
If GTX1080 was considered mid tier, then seriously ain't worth the £500 pricetag.... :p

^^ Ha don't try and reason with them. Pointless exercise, green goblins foaming at the mouth more than usual. You'll get caught in the crossfire xD

Well the major thing that drives down prices and ups performance is competition. If Nvidia had nothing on the high end AMD price would be up Im sure, these are businesses after all they will get as much money from you as possible in there own unique ways.

Peeps on both side have been said since the 680 the the G#104 chips are relay mid range and not high end. So is it or So it not lol. With turning and its pricing is hard to fully peg the 1080 as high end, it would mean 1080/2070 high end, 2080/1080ti ultra high end 2080 ti Ultra mega high end ?

TLDR:
are you honestly saying the AMD "High end" atm is not a large factor atm with the current 20XX pricing, try and not use names or be insulting.

Soldato
Well the major thing that drives down prices and ups performance is competition. If Nvidia had nothing on the high end AMD price would be up Im sure, these are businesses after all they will get as much money from you as possible in there own unique ways.

Peeps on both side have been said since the 680 the the G#104 chips are relay mid range and not high end. So is it or So it not lol. With turning and its pricing is hard to fully peg the 1080 as high end, it would mean 1080/2070 high end, 2080/1080ti ultra high end 2080 ti Ultra mega high end ?

TLDR:
are you honestly saying the AMD "High end" atm is not a large factor atm with the current 20XX pricing, try and not use names or be insulting.

You ignored that Vega 64 is high end card on both posts, claiming that AMD doesn't compete.
By your logic, only when AMD starts selling a £1300 GPU will be able to compete in your mind?

Soldato
You ignored that Vega 64 is high end card on both posts, claiming that AMD doesn't compete.
By your logic, only when AMD starts selling a £1300 GPU will be able to compete in your mind?

Vega was late competes with the 1080 let alone the ti (in the vast majority of games) let alone the new Turing cards.

No it doesn't compete in my book, it was the biggest disappointment since the R600 for the same reasons as back then. I still have no AMD based option to upgrade to, 7nm Vega's will probably not show up this side of Q1 and given how vega scales I doubt it be much faster than a 1080ti (which will be 2 years old then) or a 2070(6 months old 3rd tier by then) card.

AMD are not doing much to try and get my money atm as much as I loved my Rage 2's 8500's 9800pro's and 5850's from the past.

To me its looking my best hope to replace my 1080ti (now peeps with 20xx cards ) and bring some competition back on the high is going to be Intel in 2020 :-/

I could always shove 2x the power through a Vega 56 (which is a great bang for buck) to beat a 2070 for lols.

TLDR, when they can release GPU's again that put real pressure on the 1080ti and up and not 2+ years later thats when they will compete in my mind. There wouldn't be a £1300 RTX/GTX card if they did I bet you

Last edited:
Soldato
Vega...No it doesn't compete in my book,

article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408.jpg

Permabanned
OP
end of the day for me is I don't even need this 1080Ti never mind a 2080Ti, last game I enjoyed was AC Syndicate for the novelty as I hadn't been playing games for nearly 8 years.
loved it, but since then Origins is a bit meh but haven't put much time into it. The witcher...what's the fuss? it looks nice but bores me to tears. I'm more of a SFV and need for speed gamer. even tried GTA V but I didn't enjoy what I've played so far as driving is very hard on the keyboard.

Caporegime
No one wants AMD, anyone can see that, just look at the owners threads, the 56 and 64 have been out over a year, while the 2080 Ti has only been out a matter of weeks, and its amount of owners, has already surpassed the amount of Vega 56 owners already, and its coming up to halfway of the 64s owners, and just to rub even more salt in the wounds, its as rare as rocking horse ****.

I bet if it was in good supply, it would have far surpassed both the Vega amount of owners, in only a couple of days! :D

V F

V F

Soldato
I dont know, to me it makes no sense.

For FPS games I think its improved response times, but I honestly cannot see any visible improved smoothness on 120fps vs 60.

144 was always a weird number but done purely for marketing as 144 is a bigger number than 120, and 240 I think we getting completely silly now.

As I said I personally dont get it how so many have brought into it.

I remember when the ps4 launched someone showed some fake footage saying its 1080 vs 720 (both were actually 720) and loads of people were like wow that 1080p is so much better LOL, a lot of it is placebo in my view. I know many wont agree with me, but thats just how I see it.

So to me a real test is if you showed 120 vs 60 (not labeled), and then seeing if a clear majority could tell the difference. Likewise for 240 vs 120.

As an example if you watch say a 60 FPS GN video on youtube, does his hand movements etc. seem not the same as if you was looking at him from your eyes directly?

Also according to telemetry data and feedback on forums, the steady option is the most popular on FF15 ps4 pro.

The 3 options are.

Steady - 30fps fixed 1080p, generally there is no stuttering or frame drops, works really well by console standards. I run this mode its by far the best for me.
Lite - Same graphics fidelity as steady but 60fps target, usually hovers at 40-60. Least popular setting.
High mode - 1800p upscaled to 4k, increase draw distances and LOD. 30fps target, but stutters pretty badly as console not capable.

In fact steady wasnt originally there on FF15 for the ps4 pro, square enix added it after a barrage of complaints that people didnt like the 60fps target.

Also what about fast sync?

Nvidia said they developed that so people got the better response times but it still outputs at lower framerates to the monitor, so it renders as fast as possible but limits its display output hz.

Try playing Quake on less than 144fps. 125fps is doable bit not as responsive as 144 plus.

Soldato
end of the day for me is I don't even need this 1080Ti never mind a 2080Ti, last game I enjoyed was AC Syndicate for the novelty as I hadn't been playing games for nearly 8 years.
loved it, but since then Origins is a bit meh but haven't put much time into it. The witcher...what's the fuss? it looks nice but bores me to tears. I'm more of a SFV and need for speed gamer. even tried GTA V but I didn't enjoy what I've played so far as driving is very hard on the keyboard.

Oh, right. You're not interested in the product but you're encouraging everyone to boycott it.

Bizarre.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
No one wants AMD
I want, they just need to make something more beefy which they hopefully will in the next couple of years. I even want a AMD CPU which is likely going to be the case for my next upgrade.

No matter what you say to try and hoard all the AMD products to yourself Loadsa, you won't fool me sir! lol :p

Back
Top Bottom