• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

please just stop it, stop buying

I agree i dont like the pricing on the new cards, its obscene and feel its hurting PC gaming.

BUT....if you have the money you buy a Ferrari, if you dont you buy a Ford, its simple as that. Fair play to anyone who can afford the best.

Man of Honour
'Gibbo' says lots of things in this forum, the vast majority of which is utter guff designed with one thing in mind, increasing sales.

'Component X is selling really well..better get your orders in before they sell out' just about sums up his post history.

He did support his claim with actual numbers so not guff.

Permabanned
OP
well I don't think i'll ever by buying again, my old GTX970 would still have done me for all the gaming i'm doing at the moment, finished all last years games on it at 3440x1440 and still enjoyed the experience at 45fps most of the time.....oh well

Soldato
well I don't think i'll ever by buying again, my old GTX970 would still have done me for all the gaming i'm doing at the moment, finished all last years games on it at 3440x1440 and still enjoyed the experience at 45fps most of the time.....oh well

Could just pick up a used GPU down the line. PC gaming is still awesome, Nvidia will eventually hurt themselves with this sort of pricing. Even the most devout will question if it's worth £1500+ for the 2080 Ti replacement next time.

I plan on sticking with used GPU's for a while. Still get just as much fun gaming on PC with a used GPU xD

Permabanned
OP
how old is my MB now? bought it in that i5 6400 bundle...killed it twice but it still lives for now lol.
If it were a mac book getting a bit wet it would have been dead and Louis Rossman would have to be called.

Caporegime
Could just pick up a used GPU down the line. PC gaming is still awesome, Nvidia will eventually hurt themselves with this sort of pricing. Even the most devout will question if it's worth £1500+ for the 2080 Ti replacement next time.

I plan on sticking with used GPU's for a while. Still get just as much fun gaming on PC with a used GPU xD

Used 1080ti were going for £500 and I was in there all the time ready to pounce...in the end a new one at £599 with warranty seemed the best option. :)

Caporegime
Its working, the Ti's are nearly all gone, so we'll have to stump up even more cash for the similar performing 2080, or even more for the better performing Ti, Nvidia ain't stupid, as i said :D

Soldato
@DarrenM343 found it has the whole interview with DICE there.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/battlefield-v-ray-tracing,37732.html

a) Since when 60fps was "smooth" performance?
b) Seems even 2560x1440 with Ray Tracing are no go for 60fps let alone 3440x1440 or 4K.

60fps has always been considered smooth, and certianly is for myself.

In fact I can even consider 30 smooth after a few minutes of playing at 30, framerate consistency is more important than actual framerate to me so e.g. I prefer steady 30 over fluctuating 40-60. But steady 60 is most definitely smooth to me. 60fps is fast enough in that if you do something like rotate around, you cannot see the delay from one frame to the next.

V F

V F

Soldato

In fact I can even consider 30 smooth after a few minutes of playing at 30, framerate consistency is more important than actual framerate to me so e.g. I prefer steady 30 over fluctuating 40-60. But steady 60 is most definitely smooth to me. 60fps is fast enough in that if you do something like rotate around, you cannot see the delay from one frame to the next.

Then what exactly has been all the marketing push for 144Hz - 240Hz monitors, to then tell us 60fps is more than enough.

V F

V F

Soldato
Not quite, CS:GO and Arena FPS games benefit greatly from 144Hz to 240Hz. More so the fast tracking and fast peeking shots. Something that feels horrid on 60Hz.

Soldato

The only thing i agree with is that frametime consistency is very important. The rest is woefully inaccurate imho, at least if it were to apply to myself.

Associate
I bought a 1080ti shortly after release and I’ll be keeping it for another year. There’s only one RTX game I’m interested in and it’s still some way away. This gen doesn’t feel right for me, too expensive, early adopters stuff, etc. It’s new and shiny though, very difficult to convince people not to buy into it even with prices as they are.

Back
Top Bottom