• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

please just stop it, stop buying

bru

bru

Soldato
I was set on a 2080 series gpu too.after selling my 1080 ..but yesterday I bought a 1080ti...I’ll keep this until 7nm next year...or I’ll keep it...

Well that explains a good portion of your latest posts.

I do hope you got a good price, because none of us on hear like to see people paying over the odds for out of date, luxury tat. [/Sarcasm]

Caporegime
Well that explains a good portion of your latest posts.

I do hope you got a good price, because none of us on hear like to see people paying over the odds for out of date, luxury tat. [/Sarcasm]

I bought one because it was nearly 200 quid cheaper than a 2080.

That’s it.

Nothing cryptic

And with a 2080ti not even able to push 60fps at 1080p with RTX on...then why in the right mind would I buy a 2080?

:p

Caporegime
Lets just wait and see when the first RTX based games actually arrive. I have a funny feeling that a good few people will be eating their words.:)

Then like any other sane person I’ll look at buying into the tech then...

But until then

I very much doubt that...by the time RTX is widespread ,if ever ,we will be on 7nm and the 2080 series will be long gone.

Man of Honour
They were the days. What a noise from the 5800 Ultra. It was a beast of a card but damn that noise when WMP 8/9 kicked in the fan or playing a game. Let alone how long it took for the fan to switch off after gaming. Gaming after midnight was totally out of the question. It made the Playstation 3 fat model sound quiet.

Great cards for DX7/8 but fell on their faces for DX9 - would render some DX9 shaders at 1/4 resolution others at full res but reduced bit depth so you got banding and some shaders like water were missing a pass entirely.

Soldato
The OP has a pish point, to be fair. He might as well be posting with a Nokia 6210 pleading with everyone not to buy the latest iPhone because he's fed up playing snake but can't quite stretch to the upgrade.

Your second paragraph is a passive aggressive projected guilt trip... What's it supposed to achieve? To shame everyone who buys the product, in the hope that it forces the price down to a level you can justify and finally get the credit card out?

A phone will always make a phone call.

Soldato
Well I just hope my tat, stagnant Zotac 2080Ti Amp that arrived today works. Be an expensive paperweight otherwise, albeit with a 5 year warranty.

Big step up from the RX480 that I’ve persevered with rather than buying a stop gap 1080Ti.

I’d say it’s a luxury and I fancied treating myself for a change. Usually spend everything on the wife and kids.

Hope you enjoy, but you bought at a terrible time.

Soldato
I bought one because it was nearly 200 quid cheaper than a 2080.

Wait what? You bought a 1080ti for £600 and you're criticising others for purchase decisions based on value for money?

Didn't you refuse to buy the 1080ti on release due to its price, too? You've literally waited the best part of 2 years to save £150 on an EOL card. :confused:

Soldato
What about his house, are you happy with that? I've heard he lives in a 4 bed detached, but he only needs 2 bedrooms - 1 for sleeping and one for the sex swing.

He's just encouraging these house developers if you ask me.
I'm curious about the psychology behind people's decision making. A lot of people who buy iphones do it because they just want a status symbol not just a device to make calls. What's wrong with that?

Soldato
According to Gibbo the cards are selling well.

'Gibbo' says lots of things in this forum, the vast majority of which is utter guff designed with one thing in mind, increasing sales.

'Component X is selling really well..better get your orders in before they sell out' just about sums up his post history.

Soldato
I did same with council tax. It's wayyy too expensive so i decided to stop paying because i figured if i did that then they would charge less. Turns out a court hearing isn't for negotiations.

Soldato
Lets just wait and see when the first RTX based games actually arrive. I have a funny feeling that a good few people will be eating their words.:)

The only 1 that has announced it's specs, needs a 2700X or 8700K for Ray Tracing. And DICE has reasoned based on that the RTX cards are not powerful enough for pushing the performance where it has to be, so offloading RT to CPU cores also.

We know DICE was struggling to go over 40fps at 1080p with ray tracing, so by offloading to CPU they might find 1080p 60fps as the target performance. However given how inefficient the CPUs are on the number crunching part of ray tracing that is going to be as good as it gets. If you find that performance at that resolution acceptable, is only you (and few others trying to justify their purchase)

The significant majority in here, find ridiculous a £1400 card, need £400 CPU (£290 if buy AMD) to just do such low fps in 1080p in this age (2018-2019).
Pay a visit in the CPU sections. There are quite a few with 8400 and 7700Ks and RTX2080/Ti. They are all up for upgrading their CPUs now to use Ray tracing because the Turing cards aren't powerful enough?

Soldato
Dont remind me that waste of £1600 per year. -_-
(and is already 25% discounted as I am living alone)
pfft they are talking about bin men comming only one a month here. Just because we have a brown and blue bin. We can fill our black one in two weeks and blue and brown in 3ish. A month is too long but they want to charge more also?
I hate looking at that breakdown.
Sorry taking off topic. Yea nvidia are bad guys for charging soo much. Wait and AMD too!

Soldato
If 7nm turns out to be so much better I’ll simply palm it off to the kids. :p
A GPU will always provide a display. I've got a 560ti paired with my 2700x right now. ;)

You think I didn’t think that would be a comeback!

As games improve, GPUs become less capable. If you want to keep playing the latest games at IQ you are used to, you are forced to upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom