Plusnet Discussion Thread

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've had zero issues with PN (apart from my profile dropping as above, which isn't their fault) Static 212.xxx.xxx.xxx address here.

maj

maj

Soldato
Look at the many issues reported in this thread and on the PN forums.

Never had an issue with Sky or Zen.

I will. I'll also do same for the BT thread but I don't think every post will be a positive one. Sky don't offer fibre in my area compared to PN or BT which is why I need to pick between the two. BT is too expensive at £25 a month plus line rental. Virgin don't cover my area at all and not tried Zen yet.

maj

maj

Soldato
Well that's what I thought but I did a postcode check just before my previous post and they said max I'd get would be 8mb which sucks. I may yet just go with BT despite the higher price. Shame they don't do a cheaper for x months option like others though.

Zen are £30pm plus line rental.

Man of Honour
Zen won't give you any discount, but you'll be hard pushed to find a better provider.

Sky must have outdated records because if you can get FTTC at the property then you can get BT, Zen, PN, TalkTalk etc etc.

Don't forget to look at cashback with TCB.

Soldato
Seems like a lot of people, myself now included, are having major issues with their connection speeds being randomly cut, halved, and slowed down by a considerable margin.

I'm personally been on the 80/20 package since May of this year. Not only did I have issues at the start, but I can only sync at 50Mb (I'm not even that far from the cabinet). Then month after month, gradually goes down to the 40's .... and now, the mid-30's.

Just... what in the **** is going on with them?

I'm too angry and frustrated that I will board the hate train and not even recommend them to any one especially at this point.

Been a customer of them for 13 years since the ADSL days. I pretty much have every right to change my tone, which I've been very lenient and patient in the past, but will now just **** all over them for their obviously deteriorating farce of a service. :mad:

maj

maj

Soldato
I've been waiting 3 weeks so far for them to install my phone line so I can get broadband. Engineer is due to tomorrow for a second time. First time I got someone to house sit all day for the engineer to not even show up and and originally all I got was a "sorry about that". Hassled them and got two months free internet which is better than nothing. Ironically they have told me I will pay £50 if I miss the appointment tomorrow - where's my £50 plusnet?

Only reason I chose PN over BT was it worked out cheaper over the course of a year for the same speed. £5 for 6 months plus line rental where as BT wanted £25 plus line rental straight away.

Will wait and see I guess but haven't been overly impressed so far as they should be bending over backwards for new customers.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I'd forgotten about his thread, been posting in the big FTTC thread.

My speeds been dropping, not by a lot but it has been dropping. From full 80/20 for 3+ years then to 69Mb and now 66Mb.

Sure its something to do with their network, I'm 150m from the cab and have never had any speed issues before.

The drop in speed is far too consistent to be anything else, its like they've capped the gateway speeds because if you reconnect to a new one your speeds will vary slightly but still not be full speed.

Anyway, I won't repeat myself, but I've been posting in here about it: Link

I'm very tempted to move provider.

Soldato
I've been waiting 3 weeks so far for them to install my phone line so I can get broadband. Engineer is due to tomorrow for a second time. First time I got someone to house sit all day for the engineer to not even show up and and originally all I got was a "sorry about that". Hassled them and got two months free internet which is better than nothing. Ironically they have told me I will pay £50 if I miss the appointment tomorrow - where's my £50 plusnet?

Only reason I chose PN over BT was it worked out cheaper over the course of a year for the same speed. £5 for 6 months plus line rental where as BT wanted £25 plus line rental straight away.

Will wait and see I guess but haven't been overly impressed so far as they should be bending over backwards for new customers.

Yep the impression of cheaper price and line rental is why I decided to stick with Plusnet for fibre, and changing my landline phone to them (Which I was on BT before for the phone), to make it even more cheaper. But with the price rises especially in the line rental and all the BS with the service, it makes me wish I should've gone to BT Infinity, just because, and for a new change of pace.

They even "forgot" to switch my phone to them as well at the start so I had to wait a while for that.

New or old customers alike, they just can't get it right. Just epic fail of proportions.

Just another 11 months left in the 18 month contract I have to stick with them. Hopefully something else better will be around by then.

Last edited:
Soldato
So if you were using 100% of your bandwidth downloading over peer-to-peer and you went to stream a video over iPlayer, you'd want it not to work? That's exactly what would happen without prioritisation. With prioritisation, the video would be allowed to take priority over the torrent traffic.

Am I missing something or is rightclicking on the download and setting a bandwith limit a rocket science?

maj

maj

Soldato
Yep the impression of cheaper price and line rental is why I decided to stick with Plusnet for fibre, and changing my landline phone to them (Which I was on BT before for the phone), to make it even more cheaper. But with the price rises especially in the line rental and all the BS with the service, it makes me wish I should've gone to BT Infinity, just because, and for a new change of pace.

They even "forgot" to switch my phone to them as well at the start so I had to wait a while for that.

New or old customers alike, they just can't get it right. Just epic fail of proportions.

Just another 11 months left in the 18 month contract I have to stick with them. Hopefully something else better will be around by then.

They do seem to be going through a bad patch at the minute for whatever reason. Sky and Virgin don't offer fibre yet so I'm stuck with these or BT either way.

Will give them the benefit of the doubt for now and will see if I get my estimated speeds. If not I'll be looking to activate my cooling off period which I've been told I can.

Mine's a new build property which may explain part of the hold up but still 3 weeks is a long time for me to have waited so far.

Back
Top Bottom