• Labour

• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could put a Labour ribbon on a potato in Swansea and it would win. That said, I'd still vote for who I thought was better.

Yup. My constituency has been Conservative since 1983 when it was re-formed. It will never change.
it never will with that attitude, how many others have a total logic failure like you.
why on earth would you vote for someone you don't want just because they are going to win.
even if your actual choice doesn't win, it still shows the mp that wins that the constitution is divided and they shouldn't just do what they want.

it never will with that attitude, how many others have a total logic failure like you.
why on earth would you vote for someone you don't want just because they are going to win.
even if your actual choice doesn't win, it still shows the mp that wins that the constitution is divided and they shouldn't just do what they want.

Sorry, I think I've misled you. Previously I've voted Labour then Lib Dems and UKIP. But I actually want to vote Tory this time.

UKIP is a pointless vote now that Brexit is happening.
In fairness they were a pointless vote before Brexit but it didn't stop their supporters so nothing's really changed (they were one of the forces that helped prevent a Tory majority in 2010 and put off the referendum for five years).

She might well just call another Brexit referendum, it's basically going to be Brexiteers voting for Conservatives and remainers voting for the Looney Democrats.

Can someone knowledgeable tell me why she's doing this?

Surely it's purely a PR stunt / has an ulterior motive.

Reverse Brexit probably, it's only going to weaken her position in my view.

If anyone who is voting Lib Dem has any spare time over the next 8 weeks, offer to lend your local party some help. They don't have the same scale of resources as the Tories and Labour, and aren't as well placed to fight a snap election. Same goes for the Greens and other small parties TBH. The only way the Tories aren't walking this election is if people get off their backsides and lend a hand.

If anyone who is voting Lib Dem has any spare time over the next 8 weeks, offer to lend your local party some help. They don't have the same scale of resources as the Tories and Labour, and aren't as well placed to fight a snap election. Same goes for the Greens and other small parties TBH. The only way the Tories aren't walking this election is if people get off their backsides and lend a hand.

If Lib Dems promise to campaign from a remain platform I will definitely be doing so. If they flip flop and go by half measures I won't.

If what happened? The election?

It is happening
Yes.

I am not up to date with everything going on with the other parties and could well change my mindand Obviously labour are a joke (I'd never vote for them anyway). But yeah with what I know today that's my stance.

If Lib Dems promise to campaign from a remain platform I will definitely be doing so. If they flip flop and go by half measures I won't.
We're committed to Brexit though, campaigning on remain promises is stupid as it would be the tuition fees all over again, as people get upset that they can't simply overturn Article 50. They need to be very careful to be clear about what they would deliver.

Interesting. I think it would be ridiculous to back out of brexit now and I don't think the lib dems should campaign for that. However, approaching it with a pro-EU 'willing to compromise' stance is probably the best way to avoid making a absolute farce of it - that's why I'm probably going to vote lib dem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom