• Labour

• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the second time in my life, I'll probably be voting tactically. It didn't work last time (voted for the Tories in the Clacton-on-Sea election to try and keep UKIP out) and I don't think it'll make much difference this time but my cross will be in the Lib Dem box.

Interesting. I think it would be ridiculous to back out of brexit now and I don't think the lib dems should campaign for that. However, approaching it with a pro-EU 'willing to compromise' stance is probably the best way to avoid making a absolute farce of it - that's why I'm probably going to vote lib dem.
Brexit is pretty ridiculous. Backing out might be mildly embarrassing but, mostly, look like a collective coming-to of a country's senses.

Not sure how it would be ridiculous. Not that backing out is going to happen.

I'm not sure the Lib Dems will go with a straight "stop brexit" campaign. I suspect it will be a soft brexit and if no good deal no brexit campaign.

In the same way that TM is trying to get a mandate from the population so that if it's all a complete mess in 5 years time she can say "I did what you asked me to do", I think the Lib Dems will admit that completely halting Brexit for no valid reason will anger a lot of people, but halting it in the face of no good deal for Britain would be "We tried to make it work, but it wasn't to be"..

Interesting. I think it would be ridiculous to back out of brexit now and I don't think the lib dems should campaign for that.

They will, they've never really stopped trying to overturn it and it'll make them relevant again after Nick Clegg destroyed them.

I'm surprised by the lib dem count in the poll, a soft brexit would be good - we can renegotiate the terms, allowing for freedom of movement and the single market to stay - a la soft brexit.

We can also look at repairing the NHS among other things.

I really hope Lib dems make a coalition with the SNP.

Interesting. I think it would be ridiculous to back out of brexit now and I don't think the lib dems should campaign for that. However, approaching it with a pro-EU 'willing to compromise' stance is probably the best way to avoid making a absolute farce of it - that's why I'm probably going to vote lib dem.

That's what I'm expecting; an offer to speak for those that don't want the "hard Brexit" that "everyone" voted for. Reversing the process entirely is a pipedream, and could only feasibly happen under a Lib Dem led government (which is highly unlikely; they'd need to be the second largest party).

The most likely outcome is again a Tory majority or a Tory/Lib Dem coalition. In the latter scenario, the Lib Dems would have considerable influence over how we approach leaving the EU.

I see Lib Dem making more promises such as stopping Brexit to gain the support of the youngsters (again).

Only for them to inevitably fail to deliver and annoying the youngsters (again).

University Fee saga all over again.

:D

For the second time in my life, I'll probably be voting tactically. It didn't work last time (voted for the Tories in the Clacton-on-Sea election to try and keep UKIP out) and I don't think it'll make much difference this time but my cross will be in the Lib Dem box.

Well I hope your vote fails again, just so you know ;)

Can someone knowledgeable tell me why she's doing this?

Surely it's purely a PR stunt / has an ulterior motive.

Any one, or all of the following;

1. Small seat majority in the HoC, possible back bench discontent over hard brexit
2. Unprecedented weak Labour opposition
3. Mandate for whatever brexit she wants
4. No need for a GE in 2020 when the UK would be in an unknown state, possibly on its knees with an unpopular government
5. Pancakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom