• Labour

• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to take anything away form your decision but could you explain? That because of the part Tories played achieving Brexit? Or because you hope the Lib Dems will stop Brexit? Or both.

I am bias as I am a Brexiteer, however, knowing that Brexit is 100% going ahead, wouldn't you want the strongest party negotiating the best possible terms? I can't see the Lib Dems having the power, nor respect to get a half decent deal from the EU.

Best is largely subjective, dependent on your views on the single market and freedom of movement.

Did nobody learn anything from 2010, vote Lib Dem, get conservative.

They'll just be puppets again, if you want conservatives just vote conservatives.

Despite the later backlash the coalition government was far from the worst thing to ever happen to this country.

Not to take anything away form your decision but could you explain? That because of the part Tories played achieving Brexit? Or because you hope the Lib Dems will stop Brexit? Or both.

I am bias as I am a Brexiteer, however, knowing that Brexit is 100% going ahead, wouldn't you want the strongest party negotiating the best possible terms? I can't see the Lib Dems having the power, nor respect to get a half decent deal from the EU.

The hope that they'll stop it (though admittedly now it's triggered, probably very unlikely) is why I'm most likely voting for them.

Depends on whether you agree with what the Conservative party hold up as 'the best possible terms'.

What an awful set of mainstream choices.

1) Con: Theresa May and her obsession with removing civil liberties and privacy.
2) Lab: Comrade Corbyn who has some noble but completely unrealistic and unworkable ideas.
3) Lib: Tim Farron the un-democrat who is even more unappealing than "honest" Nick Clegg.
4) Green: Too loony, even for me.
5) UKIP: Probably on the verge of collapse and too many unsavoury types to trust.
6) Monster Raving Loony: Probably the best of the bunch TBH.

Not sure I can stomach voting tory again although part of me suggests swallowing it just to get Brexit over and done with - then reassessing next election time.

Will the Tories be allowed to field candidates in constituencies where they're being investigated for electoral fraud?

Despite the later backlash the coalition government was far from the worst thing to ever happen to this country.

Agreed. I thought it worked quite well.

however, knowing that Brexit is 100% going ahead.

There is nothing in Article 50 formally to prevent a Member State from reversing its decision to withdraw in the course of the withdrawal negotiations. The political consequences of such a change of mind would, though, be substantial.
https://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201516/ldselect/ldeucom/138/13804.htm

Very likely but not 100%, especially if a Remain (Lib Dem) party gain power (admittedly very unlikely). I, along with many others feel that Brexit is a bad idea, probably with the same conviction that you feel that it's a good idea. The best way I have to stop it is with a democratic vote and Lib Dems seem to be the only option at the moment and if they do get in then it's the "will of the people" and everyone will have to fall in line behind them ;)

We're committed to Brexit though, campaigning on remain promises is stupid as it would be the tuition fees all over again, as people get upset that they can't simply overturn Article 50. They need to be very careful to be clear about what they would deliver.

Excuse my ignorance if I'm wrong but can we still not back out if we choose or is enacting article 50 binding?

I think if they reversed it now there would be a civil war.

But I think it would be bad to change governments now. It would cause even more chaos.

1) Con: Theresa May and her obsession with removing civil liberties and privacy.
2) Lab: Comrade Corbyn who has some noble but completely unrealistic and unworkable ideas.
3) Lib: Tim Farron the un-democrat who is even more unappealing than "honest" Nick Clegg.
5) UKIP: Probably on the verge of collapse and too many unsavoury types to trust.

Not sure I can stomach voting tory again although part of me suggests swallowing it just to get Brexit over and done with - then reassessing next election time.

Will the Tories be allowed to field candidates in constituencies where they're being investigated for electoral fraud?

Yeah :( Libdems would have to seriously get their act together and try and pull some experienced, but not controversial, people into the fray as well. Anyone voting Labour is quite frankly mad. So it comes down to really whether you (in general) want to empower a group that seem to have authoritarian tendencies or fire some shots across the governments bows with a vote that might actually for once in a lifetime make a difference - or play into the Conservatives hands if people just vote like sheep in general :(

So from what I gather, the delusional remoaners will vote Lib Dem and the remainers will vote Conservative or UKIP.

Labour is screwed if they try to sit on fence over Brexit.

Don't go Hilton on me, Narj. :D You know as well as I that democracy means incessant opposition, accountability and debate over what's best for the country, as well the representation of the interest of whatever situational minority may remain. There are neither final victories nor mob rule, if it can be helped. The conversation might've been different if Corbyn had risen to the occasion in parliament, but he had not, leaving it to the Lib Dems, Greens and the SNP to make the counter-argument to the will of the Tories.

Excuse my ignorance if I'm wrong but can we still not back out if we choose or is enacting article 50 binding?
Theoretically we may be able to but I suspect it would be political suicide for the country as a whole on the international stage, worse than just going ahead with it now. I suspect they'd get more support for a 'best of Brexit' approach than 'full steam reverse'

Well, seeing as I live in Theresa May's constituency there's no chance of anyone else winning here. Will still be voting LibDem though as it's the one most likely to have an effect here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom