• Labour

• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think most of us like any of the parties but you have to decide which party will be the least damaging and run the country in the least horrendous way. Labour live in an alternate reality where they can do the right thing, pee money up the wall and everything will turn out ok. The conservatives inhabit the ground where a lot of people don't want to admit that they agree with them because apparently that makes you an unfeeling **** and ultimately most people don't like to be seen as one. The other parties are simply not in a position to get elected.

Conservatives will win the election because who thinks Corbyn would be a good PM.

Maybe he'd surprise us with a snap invasion of Iran, you never know.

well Labour has been taken over by a useful idiot and his band of SJW types straight out of left wing student politics - they're going to be decimated hopefully, though it would be nice to have some form of opposition party and if this can make the Lib Dems the second biggest party in the UK then that would be a good thing IMO

I think you've disrepresented Corbyn's supporter base. Momentum is full of older left-wingers.

If only the under 35s had been able to vote in the last Labour leadership election, Corbyn would have lost.

I wish it was that simple - often there is bad option, worse option and voting against your principles which is just stupid - a real democracy would have an option for voting for all parties to go back to the drawing board.

FPTP makes it even more frustrating because unless you're in a marginal seat, your vote is pretty much worthless.

As for voting against your own principles, it's like agreeing to have a spoonful of **** mixed in with your dinner every day. :(

RIP Labour

For me it's a toss up between Conservatives to protect the economy and Lib Dems for Brexit 2. No idea yet which way I will jump.

RIP Labour

For me it's a toss up between Conservatives to protect the economy and Lib Dems for Brexit 2. No idea yet which way I will jump.
con for protecting the economy?
what, they want a hard brexit and if that happens the economy will be down the pan and this election will almost certainly give them a big enough majority to go that route.

Yeah :( Libdems would have to seriously get their act together and try and pull some experienced, but not controversial, people into the fray as well. Anyone voting Labour is quite frankly mad. So it comes down to really whether you (in general) want to empower a group that seem to have authoritarian tendencies or fire some shots across the governments bows with a vote that might actually for once in a lifetime make a difference - or play into the Conservatives hands if people just vote like sheep in general :(

Actually , you need to be tactical. A con seat with labour as the only party that can unseat them in that constituency, means you would have to vote labour (if you don want a con seat). Any other vote would be a wasted vote. People need to check their constituency voting history and see which party has a realistic chance of unseatIing the party currently in place, and the same situation if it were lib dem, labour etc...

I will be voting Conservative since I am in a strong Con seat and would not want to threaten that in any way.

However, were I in a Labour or LibDem seat I would vote UKIP

Actually , you need to be tactical. A con seat with labour as the only party that can unseat them in that constituency, means you would have to vote labour. Any other vote would be a wasted vote. People need to check their constituency voting history and see which party has a realistic chance of unseatIing the party currently ino place, and the same situation if it were lib dem, labour etc...
don't agree, not this time with labour so un electable. wouldn't be surprised if lib dem where the 2nd party this time, and as such voting tactically for labour backfires.

I'm expecting Lib dem to campaign on brexit light, ie single market

Actually , you need to be tactical. A con seat with labour as the only party that can unseat them in that constituency, means you would have to vote labour. Any other vote would be a wasted vote. People need to check their constituency voting history and see which party has a realistic chance of unseatIing the party currently ino place, and the same situation if it were lib dem, labour etc...

See, I'm not so sure. I think it's difficult to say for sure whether a historic Labour strong 2nd is indication enough to make a difference given the way the party is now. It depends on what other people end up doing in the constituency and for this reason, you could see a Lib Dem surge.

don't agree, not this time with labour so un electable. wouldn't be surprised if lib dem where the 2nd party this time, and as such voting tactically for labour backfires.

You misunderstood me. If the goal was to make cons lose seats but you wanted lib dems in, but the only party say was labour to unseat them in your constituency, then it might make sense to vote labour - not that I'm advocating that.

You misunderstood me. If the goal was to make cons lose seats but you wanted lib dems in, but the only party say was labour to unseat them in your constituency, then it might make sense to vote labour - not that I'm advocating that.
i understand you fine, but still disagree. if you want to unseat tories, lib dem is probably the better option this time round, as labour is so un electable historical figures wont matter and by trying to vote tactically for labour will just remove votes from lib dem and give tories a bigger lead.

As long as the Conservatives lost enough seats to force them into a coalition, that's all you would need, so losing to Labour or Lib Dem is neither here nor there, as long as UKIP weren't strong enough to provide the coalition seats.

Nobody else bar the conservative party are winning this, the best anyone else can hope is that they can dent the seat count enough to force them into teaming up again.

That said, given the government have made it clear that they will be giving parliament as little input as possible to proceedings regarding Brexit, how that government is formed is somewhat academic on that front, as they won't be getting asked to vote on any proposals or agreements anyway.

i understand you fine, but still disagree. if you want to unseat tories, lib dem is probably the better option this time round, as labour is so un electable historical figures wont matter and by trying to vote tactically for labour will just remove votes from lib dem and give tories a bigger lead.
I think you dramatically underestimate the 'I've always voted X' crowd that lead to 2 party strongholds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom